Anyone with X or H Pipe N/E London Essex area?

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
Deaf Cat
Neutral

Anyone with X or H Pipe N/E London Essex area?

Post by Deaf Cat » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:45 pm

Hi,

Not long bought a beautiful 2014 RS4, other vehicle is a 24year old VW VR6 Sharan, with straight through silencers.. Yeah... quite different cars to swap between.

Just loving chilling out in the RS's comfort mode, tootling around, But also wanting to try manual paddle shifting, even in dynamic mode the engine does not seem loud enough to judge when to change gear... and as the speed is somewhat like teleporting different to what I am used to, I do not want to be looking down at the rev counter! Umm yeah maybe the Sharan has deafened me a little :shock:

Heard an RS6 in the carpark I was in, with a full MillteK exhaust, lovely deep rumble with pops and bangs, loved it!!! but, I think that will be a little too loud on chill out drives in comfort chill mode. Rather liking the quiet in the RS as opposed to the noisy Sharan.

Soo, I was thinking H-Pipe , deleting the middle silencer. Middle ground??

I have heard many many videos on YouTube, some sound fab, others I would not fancy... yes I know all through phone mics and my computer speakers... not ideal... I was wondering if anyone around local has had an X or H pipe fitted, that they would not mind me having a quick listen too? See what its like in real life.

Was thinking I would have to go to a meet of sometype have some fun seeing other cars and get to listen to a broad range of exhaust sounds... but Lockdown :(

Happy Driving :thumbs:
Cheers

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”