Noob investigations ...

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
Rusty Racer
3rd Gear

Re: Noob investigations ...

Post by Rusty Racer » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:39 pm

Yes a couple of weeks to sort but I have a daily too so it wasn’t a big deal (and they were never going to lend me a new RS4 to drive). But they were accommodating enough to let me take the wheels away for refurbishment while it was up on the ramp so that was handy!
It’s definitely the best all round car I have owned.
I think everyone agrees the engine is epic and always eager to rev! Soo much power from 5,500 to 8,250 it races through the well spaced gears :thumbs:
I’m sure you won’t be disappointed if you find one
2018 RS4 B9 Carbon Edition
2014 RS4 B8

CRSRS
1st Gear

Post by CRSRS » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:24 pm

Hi, I have a sepang, 13,32k, ceramics, buckets, sports pack, tech pack, B&O, privacy, carbon engine. Thinking seriously about selling for Rs6, if you are interested.
2007 RS4 Avus avant - now gone
2013 RS3 black - bye bye
2013 B8 RS4 - Sepang, Ceramics, Buckets, Carbon pack, Sports pack, ACC, B&O, privacy. - now gone
2017 C7 PE - Panther, Ceramics, Carbon pack, BO upgrade.

MadMark
2nd Gear

Post by MadMark » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:49 pm

CRSRS wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:24 pm
Hi, I have a sepang, 13,32k, ceramics, buckets, sports pack, tech pack, B&O, privacy, carbon engine. Thinking seriously about selling for Rs6, if you are interested.
But for the buckets - which don't fit my larger frame - it sounds fantastic!
RS4 B8 - Sepang Blue, Black Leather, Aluminium Pack, 20" V-Spokes.

CusterDome
1st Gear

Post by CusterDome » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:37 pm

Blimey, the thought of a 12k gearbox replacement has just made me go weak at the knees, and other areas also.

Glad to hear you got it sorted RR, without pawning the family silver.

I bought my car from an Indy, it came with a 6 month Warranty, but a google seemed to suggest that an indy warranty wasn't really worth a great deal, and the warranty, or insurance company, would most likely argue black's white, with any sort of claim. It was a shame because the previous owner could easily have extended the Audi warranty (low mileage, one owner).

With the cost of an Audi warranty (about 2k), I decided it wasn't really worth it, and two years in I'm now 4k up, or at least that's one way of looking at it.

My car sounds pretty similar to yours CRSRS, but you have a couple of more extras, it'd be interesting to hear how easily it it turns out to sell, if you do it. Not that I'm thinking of selling mine anytime soon, it's a fantastic all round car, and I can't think what I could replace it with tbh.

Rusty Racer
3rd Gear

Post by Rusty Racer » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:02 pm

CusterDome wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:37 pm
Blimey, the thought of a 12k gearbox replacement has just made me go weak at the knees, and other areas also.

Glad to hear you got it sorted RR, without pawning the family silver. :lol:
Yes, cheers-I know... having come from a dsg TT I was always concerned about the likelihood of replacing the mechatronic unit in the gearbox so at least it ticked that box!

Tbh I followed your logic and did not extend the warranty this year so hopefully it will pass without incident!
2018 RS4 B9 Carbon Edition
2014 RS4 B8

MadMark
2nd Gear

Post by MadMark » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:36 pm

CusterDome wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:37 pm

Glad to hear you got it sorted RR, without pawning the family silver.

I bought my car from an Indy, it came with a 6 month Warranty, but a google seemed to suggest that an indy warranty wasn't really worth a great deal, and the warranty, or insurance company, would most likely argue black's white, with any sort of claim. It was a shame because the previous owner could easily have extended the Audi warranty (low mileage, one owner).

With the cost of an Audi warranty (about 2k), I decided it wasn't really worth it, and two years in I'm now 4k up, or at least that's one way of looking at it.

My car sounds pretty similar to yours CRSRS, but you have a couple of more extras, it'd be interesting to hear how easily it it turns out to sell, if you do it. Not that I'm thinking of selling mine anytime soon, it's a fantastic all round car, and I can't think what I could replace it with tbh.
OK - that's something I didn't know - the Audi warranty is £2K per annum .... :roll:

johnnydog
3rd Gear

Post by johnnydog » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:04 pm

If there hasn't been a break in the warranty from the intial 3 or 5 year 90k (extended) warranty, then the Audi warranty prices are a lot less than £2k. Obviously both the original 3 year, and any 5 year 90k extended manufacturers warranties are now gone....
I bought my car at 3 months old, with the manufacturers 5 year 90k extended warranty (specified when originally spec'd /ordered, unusually I thought, by the supplying dealer :D), which I extended last year and have again this year - both All Component Cover, with a £250 excess, at £680 pa. Seems quite a chunk at first, but with the figures quoted of repair costs, it is peace of mind and I can sleep at night... :sleeping_2:
Last year, when the car was 5 years old, and I applied for it, the price quoted was more than double that figure, and with a £0 excess, well over £2k. It transpired that somewhere down the line, the fact that my car was at the end of a 5 year extended warranty had not flagged up for some reason, so the quote was based on the fact there had supposedly been a 2 year break in warranty cover. When this glitch was sorted, it brought the price down dramatically.
Under the original 5 year warranty, I had the DRC sorted with the uprated front shocks (which were done within the first 3 years original warranty) and in the 4th and 5th years, both fuel pressure regulators, a replacement front door seal and a new AGM battery. I had no claims last year, but it's there just in case.....for peace of mind.....
Definitely worth the expenditure in my opinion.

MadMark
2nd Gear

Post by MadMark » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:47 am

johnnydog wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:04 pm
If there hasn't been a break in the warranty from the intial 3 or 5 year 90k (extended) warranty, then the Audi warranty prices are a lot less than £2k. Obviously both the original 3 year, and any 5 year 90k extended manufacturers warranties are now gone....
I bought my car at 3 months old, with the manufacturers 5 year 90k extended warranty (specified when originally spec'd /ordered, unusually I thought, by the supplying dealer :D), which I extended last year and have again this year - both All Component Cover, with a £250 excess, at £680 pa. Seems quite a chunk at first, but with the figures quoted of repair costs, it is peace of mind and I can sleep at night... :sleeping_2:
Last year, when the car was 5 years old, and I applied for it, the price quoted was more than double that figure, and with a £0 excess, well over £2k. It transpired that somewhere down the line, the fact that my car was at the end of a 5 year extended warranty had not flagged up for some reason, so the quote was based on the fact there had supposedly been a 2 year break in warranty cover. When this glitch was sorted, it brought the price down dramatically.
Under the original 5 year warranty, I had the DRC sorted with the uprated front shocks (which were done within the first 3 years original warranty) and in the 4th and 5th years, both fuel pressure regulators, a replacement front door seal and a new AGM battery. I had no claims last year, but it's there just in case.....for peace of mind.....
Definitely worth the expenditure in my opinion.
Thanks for clearing that up. It makes sense when you explain it like that and sounds well worth it. :kissmyrings:

CusterDome
1st Gear

Post by CusterDome » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:22 pm

I think the issue with my quote was that there'd been a break in the warranty, - that was the frustrating bit. The car had done very little mileage in the two years before I bought it, and I suspect extending it wasn't a priority for the owner. The quote from Audi wasn't quite 2k, but not far off, 18-1900 IIRC. It seems a lot to me for a low mileage car with a full service history, but there wasn't much appetite for negotiation from Audi.

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”