Finally hit with a DRC bill! PLEASE HELP ME!!!

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
JaseB
Neutral

Re: Finally hit with a DRC bill! PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Post by JaseB » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:28 pm

Think it depends mate on how bad it is. If its just a split hose then surely replace that hose (£210) and system recharge for the oil thats been lost. If the shocks are leaking (£550) each. If you don't have a warranty, probably better to replace with something else as the bill will be big as they will go eventually. It cost just under £2500 for my front shocks, 2 hoses and system recharge. If the whole system needs done, the cost is horrific🙈

jangol
4th Gear

Post by jangol » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:46 pm

JaseB wrote:Think it depends mate on how bad it is. If its just a split hose then surely replace that hose (£210) and system recharge for the oil thats been lost. If the shocks are leaking (£550) each. If you don't have a warranty, probably better to replace with something else as the bill will be big as they will go eventually. It cost just under £2500 for my front shocks, 2 hoses and system recharge. If the whole system needs done, the cost is horrificImage
Thanks, no warranty.... replacement on the cards it looks like, just waiting for a reply on here to confirm some parts.... it was good while they lasted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bendelaurence
2nd Gear

Post by Bendelaurence » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:51 pm

jangol wrote:
JaseB wrote:Think it depends mate on how bad it is. If its just a split hose then surely replace that hose (£210) and system recharge for the oil thats been lost. If the shocks are leaking (£550) each. If you don't have a warranty, probably better to replace with something else as the bill will be big as they will go eventually. It cost just under £2500 for my front shocks, 2 hoses and system recharge. If the whole system needs done, the cost is horrificImage
Thanks, no warranty.... replacement on the cards it looks like, just waiting for a reply on here to confirm some parts.... it was good while they lasted

Are you guys happy with the aftermarket replacements?

My reasoning behind fixing mine was that numerous people told me “you can’t beat DRC on a b8 when it’s working” along with the fact that my shocks 50,000 miles in and I’ve only had to replace the front ones. If I get 50,000 miles plus out of each set I’m happy to be honest. Then there is the resale value with aftermarket parts on. I’ll B8’s going for less with non-OEM suspension?

I see the occasional burst pipe and recharge as general maintenance on this car.

Thoughts?

matthew.lewis2
3rd Gear

Post by matthew.lewis2 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:03 pm

I couldn’t be more happy with the KW V3’s.

They are at the KW recommended setting and ride superbly.
UAE CARS
2009 Toyota Landcruiser - White -4.7 V8 VXR (SOLD)
2014 Mercedes ML500 - 4.7 V8 Twin Turbo (SOLD)
2008 Audi RS4 - Sprint Blue (SOLD)
2002 Range Rover 4.6 V8 HSE (SOLD)
2007 Golf R32 - Black (SOLD)
2005 Lincoln Navigator - White (SOLD)

UK Cars
2015 Landrover Defender 110 Heritage (SOLD)
2014 Audi RS4 - Sepang Blue (STOLEN)
2003 EP3 Civic Type R - K-Pro Remapped (SOLD)
2004 Golf GT TDi 140 - Superchipped to 189bhp (SOLD)
2003 Audi A2 1.4 Tdi

JaseB
Neutral

Post by JaseB » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:38 pm

I will be keeping the DRC on mine as I will keep the warranty going. Like to keep the car standard. Each to the own I suppose as I can see how people could get fed up paying out on the DRC every so often, depending on mileage, age etc if they could get another system that will last the life of the car.

JaseB
Neutral

Post by JaseB » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:46 pm

My car only had only covered 28k when the front shocks needed replaced. Think it depends on the roads you travel as well. Pot holes everywhere!

Shockerboy
2nd Gear

Post by Shockerboy » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:39 pm

As you may or may not know we ( CRS Performance ) have rescued many B7 RS 4 from the 3 to 4 grand bills for DRC repairs , 100 % success no customer complaints at all . Most comment that it is better than original after we supply and fit our custom RS4 kits , The B8 cars are now starting to give hassles and most out of warranty so customers are looking for an economical fix with out compromising the performance or comfort ,
We have done quite a few B8 RS4 cars now and get the same results as we do with the B7 RS4
The added complication is of course the addition of the electronics into the shocks , This is taken care of with a Delete Kit .
The electronic functionality is that when selecting Sport mode the shocks stiffen Up . On rougher roads you would generally leave the selector on comfort where the dampers are softer to cope with the poor road surface .
THE CRS kit uses KONI technology which actually works the opposite way around . There fore the shocks on smooth surfaces are stiffer to give great handling and when they move fast , which means a bumpy service they will feel softer , more comfort . You can have the best of both worlds BUT with out having to select it , No lose of functionality. THe delete kit does push the price up close to a Grand but compared to Audi this is a "no brainer" .
As for second hand Value and originality , I personally would be far happier buying a car that has had these after market bits installed because i would worry that i could be in for a huge bill to sort the DRC out buying a standard Car . Many of the customers agree with this , and i know the purest of us out there wont agree , but staring down the barrel of a 3 to 4 grand bill to keep originality is something many wont do if there is a solid alternative .
The other thing is that the car can remain standard height , this is often a problem not anticipated when fitting after market coil overs which cant do standard height and often ride too firm when low .

jangol
4th Gear

Post by jangol » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:50 pm

Bit the bullet & replacing the DRC...with the Koni setup & HR springs... will let you know what o think once it’s done next week Image

hindsight
1st Gear

Post by hindsight » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:04 am

Nice one. Hope it all goes well. Would be interested to hear how the ride compares on less than perfect road surfaces. My car is standard DRC and feels great on immaculate roads but can be harsh on average roads. Am curious to hear if the new setup improves that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

jangol
4th Gear

Post by jangol » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:47 am

hindsight wrote:Nice one. Hope it all goes well. Would be interested to hear how the ride compares on less than perfect road surfaces. My car is standard DRC and feels great on immaculate roads but can be harsh on average roads. Am curious to hear if the new setup improves that.

Heard some decent reviews, so will
Keep you posted on that.. I’m
Assuming as this setup is with newer technology/research etc it will have in mind our poor road surfaces....

hindsight
1st Gear

Post by hindsight » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:13 pm

jangol wrote:
hindsight wrote:Nice one. Hope it all goes well. Would be interested to hear how the ride compares on less than perfect road surfaces. My car is standard DRC and feels great on immaculate roads but can be harsh on average roads. Am curious to hear if the new setup improves that.

Heard some decent reviews, so will
Keep you posted on that.. I’m
Assuming as this setup is with newer technology/research etc it will have in mind our poor road surfaces....

Wingnuttzz
Neutral

Post by Wingnuttzz » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:05 pm

How would we go about ordering the CRS Performance kit for B8 RS4. Was considering KW V1's but these sound like an option?

jangol
4th Gear

Post by jangol » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:41 pm

Wingnuttzz wrote:How would we go about ordering the CRS Performance kit for B8 RS4. Was considering KW V1's but these sound like an option?
To be fair Steve was very helpful, & quick turn around for parts, getting installed tomorrow or Thursday, I’ll PM you his number, worth a chat with him

Rugslasher
1st Gear

Post by Rugslasher » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:10 pm

Well I’m a few hundred miles on the new KW V3’s & a superb difference, the car feels more planted & can even say nimble for a nearly 2 ton beast , I have got a set of hoses for the DRC shocks less than 3,000 mile use if anyone needs any as it was the front shock that gave way after doing pipes 4 months before

Outtlaw
5th Gear

Post by Outtlaw » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:48 pm

Good to hear the replacement suspension is up to the job and theres a decent alternative to the DRC :thumbs:

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”