Multiple dash warning lights???

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
Jay376
Neutral

Re: Multiple dash warning lights???

Post by Jay376 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:02 am

Cherub77 wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:25 pm
Had exactly the same fault lights in my girlfriends tiguan and it was an intermittent fault in an ABS sensor. My money is on that!
wideboy wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:51 pm
Load tester shows good CCA too at 850

But even my parking sensors are out, surely that's not connected to ABS?!
That's what I'm finding confusing...if it is just an abs sensor i can imagine it could throw up a park brake, rear diff, ABS fault but why the headlight beam and parking sensors too?? ...driving me nuts :bash:

I've a diagnostics print out showing front right abs fault so i will get that replaced and see what happens i think.
On that should i use audi parts or should a much cheaper aftermarket ABS sensor be fine?
Audi are quoting £92 for the sensor but you can get them from the motor factors for around £25. Does it have to be any partivular make of sensor as there are loads to choose from?

Cherub77
Neutral

Post by Cherub77 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:35 am

Any luck? Yeah the curve lighting, parking sensors and tpms (no valve sensors) all came up on the Tiguan and I guess the logic is similar VAG way of doing things as well as the other faults you had. Have you tried the part number on eBay? I would probably go OEM, it’s quite easy to replace yourself I think.

wideboy
Neutral

Post by wideboy » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:55 am

It's so frustrating.

Seems a pointless design if one fault causes a whole host of warning lights, another VAG scam to make you go to the dealer?!!!

I'm out of country for a few weeks again, have hooked up the optimate so we'll see what o go back to!

It doesn't look like it will go over 12.3v, so if thats still the case after all this time I may need to consider replacing that anyway in time for winter? Not used to the AGM batteries battery though.

Would like to reset the battery code and see of that does anything, so the car re-evaluates battery as it will think it's been replaced.

If that doesn't work I'll have to weaken and give it to Audi.

Ukmongoose
Neutral

Post by Ukmongoose » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:47 pm

Hi there,
I can hardly believe my eyes here. I have just nipped out to my car with the intention of going out for a blast and I have exactly the same range of faults and lights. The car started fine and then fired out all these warnings at me. Its an RS4 B8 on a 62 plate by the way and I have had owned it for circa 8 years. Its still on the original battery too.
What was the outcome here, was it the battery on its own or did the sensor cause all the problems? Very interested to find out. Have a nice day folks.

Jay376
Neutral

Post by Jay376 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:00 am

Ukmongoose wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:47 pm
Hi there,
I can hardly believe my eyes here. I have just nipped out to my car with the intention of going out for a blast and I have exactly the same range of faults and lights. The car started fine and then fired out all these warnings at me. Its an RS4 B8 on a 62 plate by the way and I have had owned it for circa 8 years. Its still on the original battery too.
What was the outcome here, was it the battery on its own or did the sensor cause all the problems? Very interested to find out. Have a nice day folks.
Hi buddy my car is in the garage this saturday to get th.e front right abs sensor renewed I'll let you kknow if this is the cause

Jay376
Neutral

Post by Jay376 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:42 pm

Well at last problem solved......just picked the car up from the garage had a new front right ABS sensor fitted and all warning lights have gone .....

wideboy
Neutral

Post by wideboy » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:14 am

Jay376 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:42 pm
Well at last problem solved......just picked the car up from the garage had a new front right ABS sensor fitted and all warning lights have gone .....
Brilliant!

About to head home so will see if two weeks on the optimate has made any difference...
Otherwise I guess it's off to Audi to test out the expensive warranty!

Thanks for the update.

wideboy
Neutral

Post by wideboy » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:46 am

So, after a few weeks on the optimate whilst I was away, battery reads 12.6v. Happy days.

Start it up, still have all the warning lights, go through a few start cycles and drive a couple of longer trips, still on.

Drive up to my garage, whip car around reasonably fast, go to park and suddenly my parking sensors are working!

Parked up, cycled through a few start cycles, and all has been well for a few days...

Fingers crossed it stays the same. If so it's looking looking like a low battery charge was the issue due to being left parked up a few weeks.

Jay376
Neutral

Post by Jay376 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:48 pm

Ah good stuff hope it stays that way buddy

wideboy
Neutral

Post by wideboy » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:01 pm

Ugh, back to Christmas lights setting with everything flashing.

New battery i think.

Rusty Racer
3rd Gear

Post by Rusty Racer » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:30 pm

Battery is a service item and unlikely to last past 8 years so probably worth replacing to keep everything fault free imho.
Don’t believe we have an AGM however, I looked at mine and it had pb (lead) on it. Tanya batteries list model 019 wet as it has no stop start requirement.
I have always put mine onto a Ctek charger when not in use but on the normal setting so it’s ready to go when needed
2018 RS4 B9 Carbon Edition
2014 RS4 B8

Bendelaurence
2nd Gear

Post by Bendelaurence » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:35 am

Guys, I missed this post. Ive had the same problem.

May advice, stop guessing, Pop down to Halfords, it takes 2 minutes to have it tested properly. Its free. Mine measured 525A capacity remaining from its original 950A at new. Time for a new one. Pretty confident this will solve my issues. I'll let you know later today.

Also, choose you're battery carefully, dont let them rip you off. I started a new thread on this. I'll post what ever I find.

Cheers B.

Bendelaurence
2nd Gear

Post by Bendelaurence » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:12 am

So I changed my battery. Needed changing. But didn’t sort the fault. I have a code for left rear ABS sensor which I believe is responsible for the other 9 codes, because they are all systems which use ABS sensor. Apprently they are all the same pet on each wheel. So I’m going to swap the faulty one with a good one tomorrow and see if the fault moves. If it does, I’ll replace it. Halle fully that will be problem solved like Jays.

Bendelaurence
2nd Gear

Post by Bendelaurence » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:02 pm

They wernt the same on every wheel. I think there are 2 types. But.... they were only £11 each so I just replaced it. Looks good so far, butits only been a day. Feels good to have no warning lights for the first time in a while. Hopefully it did the trick.

wideboy
Neutral

Post by wideboy » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:26 pm

Ha! Just resolved mine today... hopefully!
Working away for a month a time so not ideal.

Was a rear ABS sensor which was then kicking off the other 20 odd warnings. Even my cruise didnt work! So frustrating that the car isnt programmed to just flash an abs light.

Audi then tried to charge me £260 to replace a single hid bulb, they seemed surprised when i declined! But that's another story!

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”