New member on the hunt

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
VEA
Neutral

New member on the hunt

Post by VEA » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:21 pm

Evening all,

I'm on the search for a B8 RS4. I've my mind made up and I'm ready to go, thinking about a few different bits an pieces I need to organise.

Security - do any of you have aftermarket security systems installed? Toad/clifford/Pandora?

Tyres - MPSS/4s?

Anything to look out for in my hunt that I may have missed trawling through these forums?

Beejayhay
Neutral

Re: New member on the hunt

Post by Beejayhay » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:28 pm

I’ve actually got a deposit down on a 2015, just waiting on garage fixing couple of bits that an independent inspection showed up.

I’m arranging the fitting of a Ghost immobiliser when I get it. It was actually specified as a req for the insurance. Was the only one that did ask ...another company wanted a tracker tho. Regardless of being a requirement I'd have got one fitted anyway I think .

Frasbo
Neutral

Post by Frasbo » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:19 pm

Beejayhay wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:28 pm
I’ve actually got a deposit down on a 2015, just waiting on garage fixing couple of bits that an independent inspection showed up.

I’m arranging the fitting of a Ghost immobiliser when I get it. It was actually specified as a req for the insurance. Was the only one that did ask ...another company wanted a tracker tho. Regardless of being a requirement I'd have got one fitted anyway I think .
Who did you use for you're independent inspection ? how much was it if you dont mind me asking ?

Frasbo
Neutral

Post by Frasbo » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:21 pm

VEA wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:21 pm
Evening all,

I'm on the search for a B8 RS4. I've my mind made up and I'm ready to go, thinking about a few different bits an pieces I need to organise.

Security - do any of you have aftermarket security systems installed? Toad/clifford/Pandora?

Tyres - MPSS/4s?

Anything to look out for in my hunt that I may have missed trawling through these forums?
have you thought about the road angel which doubles up as a dashcam and radar detector ?

im also looking for a B8

VEA
Neutral

Post by VEA » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:45 pm

Beejayhay wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:28 pm

Who did you use for your inspection?

Beejayhay
Neutral

Post by Beejayhay » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:16 pm

I used ; https://www.eliteinspections.co.uk/

It was not cheap ...£750 😮...I gave it some thought ASI didn’t want to spend that much but as I’m investing over £30k in a car I went for it.
Would absolutely recommend. Doug my Engineer made all the arrangements and did the inspection, I got a verbal report after, 150 pics of the car including the underneath & borescope from engine. 15 odd page report including paint thicknesses on all panels. Picked up no oil on last service invoice so he called the garage that did it to confirm it had been changed but had been part of an offer where it was free, hence not shown.
Discovered front disks needed replacing and service was nearly due ....:he dealt with garage to ensure these would be rectified with agreed price etc. Identified dodgy refurbed wheel that I had missed when I looked at it ...he says I was looking thru ‘buyers eyes’ lol
So expensive, but saved me 1300 at least on disks...assuming they wouldn’t have been changed during presale check. It’s getting serviced and hopefully a redo of the wheel.

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”