Squeak when pulling away

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
Iain_S4
3rd Gear

Squeak when pulling away

Post by Iain_S4 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:04 pm

I get a squeak from the back end :lol: when pulling away from stationary. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what was the cause?

johnnydog
3rd Gear

Re: Squeak when pulling away

Post by johnnydog » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:46 am

Strangely, I noticed a small 'groan' rather than a squeak yesterday on several occasions from the back end when moving off from stationary. I have the 'auto hold' function which I normally have activated in its default setting. Switched it off and used the handbrake as normal to see if it made any difference. As yet I don't know whether it is brake related or not, but as Iain_S4 states, it would interesting to see if others have experienced this and any possible cause of it. I appreciate people describe noises differently, but I would describe my noise more of a groan than a squeak.....

Rusty Racer
3rd Gear

Post by Rusty Racer » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:01 am

Are you smoking the tyres 😁
Agreed, hill hold can give this or if you drive off without clicking in your seat belt first?
2018 RS4 B9 Carbon Edition
2014 RS4 B8

johnnydog
3rd Gear

Post by johnnydog » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:00 pm

I think I am probably the most sedate RS4 driver out there!
If you try to set off with the handbrake applied and not wearing your seat belt, you would feel a lot more than a squeak or groan - the auto load function won't then release and electronic handbrake clamp the disc far greater than any manual handbrake!
Thanks for the suggestion, but the noise is noticeable once the car has a actually just started moving rather than at the point of moving off when the handbrake auto releases - if that makes sense?

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”