Anyone had experience of RB Racing Rotors?

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
Laverda981
Neutral

Anyone had experience of RB Racing Rotors?

Post by Laverda981 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:17 pm

Has anyone bought front two piece larger brake discs from RB Racing Rotors? I’ve had mine on about 6-8 weeks. They look gorgeous and stop very well with good feel, BUT......
They squeal really badly! The brakes have been rebuilt by three companies now and even had new aftermarket pads fitted which has made no difference. Originally I had Audi Brembo (Pagid) marked brake pads installed with the new discs to keep things standard.
I’m now left with having the discs tested for runout at a local precision engineers to prove to the seller it’s not the install. This has now cost me a lot looking for the cause of the squeal. The squeal is only as the car pulls up at low speeds but is very loud. Not happy with the support I’m getting from the company as I’d like them swapped. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Outtlaw
5th Gear

Re: Anyone had experience of RB Racing Rotors?

Post by Outtlaw » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:16 pm

No mate but most brakes on the RS4 seem to squeal at some point and normally at slow speeds.
Normal recommended solution is to take it out and do some very hard braking.

Silly question but have they been bedded in properly?
might be worth finding the bedding in procedure for them and give that a go!

Good luck though

johnnydog
3rd Gear

Post by johnnydog » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:04 pm

Who suggested checking for run out - the seller? I wouldn't have thought run out would cause squealing. My experience of squealing has been down to the pad material and / or a build up of brake dust.

Laverda981
Neutral

Post by Laverda981 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:57 pm

It wasn’t the seller, I agree that would be very odd.
We’ve now tried various pad compounds so it can’t be that. All it does is slightly changes how high the squeal is.
The callipers and pads have been stripped and cleaned three times now since install so it isn’t dust or debris.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:57 am

I assume you've tried to most common fix and put plenty of copper grease on the back of the pads?

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”