Reverse Camera Module - Error

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
Chee
Neutral

Reverse Camera Module - Error

Post by Chee » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:17 am

Hi Guys,

My reverse camera module went kaput due to water damage. It is located in the rear offside wheel well. Long story short, the main diode had corroded through, I had a new one fitted and the problem still persists. Essentially the parking icon can be selected but it just emits one long beep and the camera screen does not come up. Again this happens when you select reverse. The sensors all work fine, but no screen depiction. If you quick reset the MMI you can get the parking aid screen up, but it is just blank where the camera view should be.

I've now fitted a brand new module, but the system will still not function. I can now select the parking menus through the MMI, which I could not before, to select volume and intensity for the parking sensors, but the reverse camera view still does not come up.

Does anyone know if the system needs to be reset or configured for the new module? And/Or if anyone in the Manchester area can help out with their VCDS?

Many thanks in advance,

Chee

Rusty Racer
3rd Gear

Re: Reverse Camera Module - Error

Post by Rusty Racer » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:56 pm

No opinions on finding a solution, sorry but why do you think it corroded?
2018 RS4 B9 Carbon Edition
2014 RS4 B8

Chee
Neutral

Post by Chee » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:19 am

Rusty Racer wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:56 pm
No opinions on finding a solution, sorry but why do you think it corroded?
Hi Rusty,

The leg of the diode is no longer there - just a rusty stump. Water damage was evident on the module casing, with corroded screws and the board had areas of water damage below a cetrain height. It looks like water had been leaking into that area for quite some time, perhaps from new. Essentially the black plastic tailgate vent box was not located correctly agaisnt the outer skin panel, so the o-seal had a 1 inch gap. Water from rain and from washing the car was running around the rear offside light cluster and straigt into this area. The vent clicked back into place easily enough, and the water ingress is now resolved. Unfortunately it is the 4 years of water ingress that has already done the damage. I will upload photos, when I get chance.

Regards,

Chee

Rusty Racer
3rd Gear

Post by Rusty Racer » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:06 pm

Oh no poor you... I must check mine when I get home lol
It’s surprising how damaging water can be. Let’s hope you get it sorted.
2018 RS4 B9 Carbon Edition
2014 RS4 B8

robster
1st Gear

Post by robster » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:50 am

Gonna check mine too. Water is a nightmare, remember Audi fitting the comfort module in my dad's a4 under the passenger footwell, not the best design move ever.

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”