Buying Advice / Any good ones around?

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
didsby
Neutral

Buying Advice / Any good ones around?

Post by didsby » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:57 pm

Hi all
Having ruled out a B9 on cost grounds I'm looking to get into a B8 and have cash waiting for the right car - budget is high 20s and have a degree of flexibility.

I have a couple of questions and was just looking for advice and input and also wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of any nice / well looked after examples. I'm not too bothered spec wise and would prioritise a really clean car.

1. I have observed through reading through a good few threads that the cars can have a few issues and it can take a bit of time and money to get the cars right. With this in mind is it worth holding out for a car from a dealer where I'll have some recourse and can get potential issues sorted for free.

2. If I buy privately, which would be ideal as hopefully forum guidance may help me get into a nice example alongside the obvious cost saving, how easy is it to add the Audi warranty and also I have seen different costs quoted from about £600-1200.
Also, how inclusive is this warranty in terms of what it covers compared to say the warranty if you buy approved?

cheers

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Re: Buying Advice / Any good ones around?

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:29 pm

didsby wrote:Hi all
Having ruled out a B9 on cost grounds I'm looking to get into a B8 and have cash waiting for the right car - budget is high 20s and have a degree of flexibility.

I have a couple of questions and was just looking for advice and input and also wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of any nice / well looked after examples. I'm not too bothered spec wise and would prioritise a really clean car.

1. I have observed through reading through a good few threads that the cars can have a few issues and it can take a bit of time and money to get the cars right. With this in mind is it worth holding out for a car from a dealer where I'll have some recourse and can get potential issues sorted for free.

2. If I buy privately, which would be ideal as hopefully forum guidance may help me get into a nice example alongside the obvious cost saving, how easy is it to add the Audi warranty and also I have seen different costs quoted from about £600-1200.
Also, how inclusive is this warranty in terms of what it covers compared to say the warranty if you buy approved?

cheers
Hey up.

Mine! Haha.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t

Very well cared for, great spec and running beautifully.

DM me if needed.

Cheers.

Rob.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

ratbane
Neutral

Post by ratbane » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:19 am

2015 65 plate Sepang Blue Limited Edition model. Under 19k miles. Derestricted. New front discs/pads and shocks. £40k ish.
eojQ1Krk.png

Madelvic
3rd Gear

Post by Madelvic » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:49 pm

Audi website will quote you on warranty; two levels of cover and varying mileages / excesses.

Here: https://www.insurewithaudi.co.uk/extended-warranty

And here is the rub: Audi quotes me £1292 for all component, 10k miles, £250 excess but I pay £660 a year. This is what they have offered me two years in a row and I don't know how an outsider can get this price

Also look at the service plans - basically two for the price of one

You'll be looking at 13/14 plate cars with 50k miles sub £30k. I'm getting similar prices for these cars on the Audi warranty site
Macan GTS
Boxster S
Previously
Audi RS4 B8
Audi S4 B8
Audi S4 B6
Nissan GTR,
Lotus Elise 111R,
Caterham,
Golf GTi Mk 1, Mk 2, Mk 3, Mk 4, VR6,
Various SAAB Turbos
Peugeot 205 GTi,
RS2000

Madelvic
3rd Gear

Post by Madelvic » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:53 pm

Oh and warranty costs increase at 60k miles and 80k miles. Not available over 100k miles
Macan GTS
Boxster S
Previously
Audi RS4 B8
Audi S4 B8
Audi S4 B6
Nissan GTR,
Lotus Elise 111R,
Caterham,
Various SAAB Turbos
Peugeot 205 GTi,
RS2000

114uyc
2nd Gear

Post by 114uyc » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:32 pm

didsby
Neutral

Post by didsby » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:10 pm

[/quote]Hey up.

Mine! Haha.

DM me if needed.

Cheers.

Rob.

[/quote]

hi, looks lovely is there a link to your thread?
Possibly a little over budget however.
cheers

didsby
Neutral

Post by didsby » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:11 pm

114uyc wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:32 pm
Could be a typo https://usedcars.audi.co.uk/usedcar/aud ... ICE_SALE,U
have enquired out of I interest lol

Madelvic
3rd Gear

Post by Madelvic » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:03 pm

didsby wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:11 pm
114uyc wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:32 pm
Could be a typo https://usedcars.audi.co.uk/usedcar/aud ... ICE_SALE,U
have enquired out of I interest lol
£10k too low
Macan GTS
Boxster S
Previously
Audi RS4 B8
Audi S4 B8
Audi S4 B6
Nissan GTR,
Lotus Elise 111R,
Caterham,
Various SAAB Turbos
Peugeot 205 GTi,
RS2000

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:41 pm

didsby wrote:
Hey up.

Mine! Haha.

DM me if needed.

Cheers.

Rob.

[/quote]

hi, looks lovely is there a link to your thread?
Possibly a little over budget however.
cheers[/quote]That link should work fine. No? I'm open to sensible offers.

jangol
4th Gear

Post by jangol » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:03 am

didsby wrote:Hi all

cheers
House project is causing me to think my B8 may have to go to a new home so I can fund the works Image, not made up my mind, but contemplating, if interested send me a DM

didsby
Neutral

Post by didsby » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:56 pm

struggling to send DMs not sure if just being a tool or something on my account as it's new... please send details jangol

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:16 pm

didsby wrote:struggling to send DMs not sure if just being a tool or something on my account as it's new... please send details jangol
Did you get to see my ad?

didsby
Neutral

Post by didsby » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:09 pm

Thundercliffe81 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:16 pm
didsby wrote:struggling to send DMs not sure if just being a tool or something on my account as it's new... please send details jangol

Hi yes the car looks nice, just trying to gauge what's about and prices etc. Conscious of cost on yours but will get in touch for a chat over next week or 2, what part of the country are you in?

Main issue I have is just time to get round to look at cars, weekends are so busy!

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:24 pm

didsby wrote:
Thundercliffe81 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:16 pm

Hi yes the car looks nice, just trying to gauge what's about and prices etc. Conscious of cost on yours but will get in touch for a chat over next week or 2, what part of the country are you in?

Main issue I have is just time to get round to look at cars, weekends are so busy!
I agree. It's a tough one. Ya have to travel for the right car. The right car is with it.

I'm West Yorkshire buddy. Image I'm open to reasonable offers as I'd like the car to go to a good home.

Just drop me a DM. Cheers, happy hunting.

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”