DRC question

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
hindsight
1st Gear

DRC question

Post by hindsight » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:17 pm

Hi all
I'm looking to purchase a B8 RS4. I've read on the forum that the DRC suspension fail and is expensive to fix. Ive also noticed that most cars for sale have it fitted.

So I've two questions:

1) Would you recommend avoiding cars with DRC as they are source of problems?

2) Is there a maintenance schedule/key service item that can minimise the risk of DRC failure, or if missing can highlight a risk of failure.

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Re: DRC question

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:18 pm

Hey bud.

This is the most comprehensive thing I've seen on here bud. Courtesy of the big guy himself, Sam.

viewtopic.php?p=865334#p865334

DRC Paranoia is real. I've just been diagnosed with acute DRC Fear!! Do your research. Do your homework and most importantly, just be patient. Even if a car is the perfect spec but hasn't been serviced properly or you hear knocking on a test drive, walk away. Unless the dealer will gut it out and warrant against it obviously. Good luck buddy! You do end up falling for this car, I must admit.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

robster
1st Gear

Post by robster » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:10 am

Hindsight you prob wont find a car without it and if you did the residuals wont be as good. It comes with the sports pack which also has the exhaust and 20in wheels that most owners wanted.

I did try and find one myself but after trying the DRC it's the making of the car.

Buy as late a car as you can. The shocks are the problem, and were modded over the build life to make them better. Check for leaks and buy from a main dealer if you can. You can badger them into doing a pressure test on the system for peace of mind.

If the shocks leak and the system runs dry the valves can be damaged which is the expensive bit. If you catch the leaks first you should limit your exposure, that's what I'm doing.

After you press the start button you fall in love with the car and wont care about the horror stories!

Get one!!

hindsight
1st Gear

Post by hindsight » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:03 pm

Thanks both. Helpful info.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”