"Cabon'd" my front lip

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
Scottyr81
Neutral

"Cabon'd" my front lip

Post by Scottyr81 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:28 pm

It is only a wrap but looks good I reckon, I did have the silver front lip so an improvement in my opinion. Expensive vinyl too so should look the part.

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Re: "Cabon'd" my front lip

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:44 pm

Oooh Eck. That's decent that. With aluminium trim pack too. Possible to get some more wider angle photos? With more of carving shot? To get an overall impression?

I'd thought about this too but didn't know if it would look ok with the aluminium trim. 3M 1080 vinyl? Do it yourself? I've got sepang blue so still not sure.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Scottyr81
Neutral

Post by Scottyr81 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:51 pm

I'll get some more shots next week, it's at a mates who "wraps" for the weekend, he's attempting the rear valance tomorrow, I'll get the spec on the vinyl used too, all I know is 2m of the stuff cost £150.00! My car is Palace Blue Pearl Effect so the aluminium trim stood out to say the least, this should darken the front end down a bit.

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:08 pm

Scottyr81 wrote:I'll get some more shots next week, it's at a mates who "wraps" for the weekend, he's attempting the rear valance tomorrow, I'll get the spec on the vinyl used too, all I know is 2m of the stuff cost £150.00! My car is Palace Blue Pearl Effect so the aluminium trim stood out to say the least, this should darken the front end down a bit.
Nice. Rare colour that. Look forward to it.

Scottyr81
Neutral

Post by Scottyr81 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:44 pm

Just been looking at your car and funny enough I'm about to have my alloys refurbed the same as yours

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:54 pm

Scottyr81 wrote:Just been looking at your car and funny enough I'm about to have my alloys refurbed the same as yours
Haha. Could be doubly ironic. My car is currently in getting them refinished to factory Matt titanium Image few other things too including a new rear diff free under warranty. Full bushes all round and other tweaks. Been without him 2 weeks. Can't wait to get him back.

noidea
3rd Gear

Post by noidea » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:47 pm

Thundercliffe81 wrote:
Scottyr81 wrote:Just been looking at your car and funny enough I'm about to have my alloys refurbed the same as yours
Haha. Could be doubly ironic. My car is currently in getting them refinished to factory Matt titanium Image few other things too including a new rear diff free under warranty. Full bushes all round and other tweaks. Been without him 2 weeks. Can't wait to get him back.

Was the diff whining or making a noise then? Had you posted this? I know you were having the wheels sorted but the rest?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:14 pm

noidea wrote:
Thundercliffe81 wrote:

Was the diff whining or making a noise then? Had you posted this? I know you were having the wheels sorted but the rest?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Sorry mate. Just dropped into conversation. Not been on much. Posting anyway. Reading though.

I'll do a thread over weekend. Basically off the back of everything we'd spoke about, my purchasing dealership gave it a thorough going over as I had some niggles. They've been brilliant. Really well handled. I'll PM ya.

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”