Do I take it back?

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
G30001
3rd Gear

Do I take it back?

Post by G30001 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:41 am

Well my story so far hasn't been smooth.

On route home from buying the car I get a wobble at 75-80mph, turns out the front offside wheels are both bent (front one badly) from hitting a pothole, both offside shock are also misting.
a week in the car starts to smell of smoke
last week the car when stationary changing from D2 to D1 makes a jolt, not bad but noticable
tyres were claimed as 5mm but are 3mm
Car was advertised with Sports Pack but does not have it.

These are just a couple of the issues that have tainted my purchase from ASM in Milton Keynes and they have been totally dismissive of it all but have offered to take the car back (which I think is a bluff) which I have untill tomorrow to do.

Question is the car is the right color and spec as a whole with rare options (has £7K option Buckets and Exclusive leather) and I know second hand cars always need bits doing but I just don't know if this one is a ticking time bomb (I have taken out a platinum warranty with £10K per claim).

another has come up today with the buckets and is blue with less miles do I chop this one in for it?
2013 B8 RS4 - Reflex Silver Black Pack probably the 2nd lowest mileage in County
2014 B8 RS4 - Daytona Grey bag of nails with Silver Styling gone

Ian_C
Cruising

Re: Do I take it back?

Post by Ian_C » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:05 am

G30001 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:41 am
ASM in Milton Keynes
Yes, take it back! As quick as you can. And run for the hills :thumbs:

Have you not read their reviews online.....
B5 B6 B7 B9

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:05 am

G30001 wrote:Well my story so far hasn't been smooth.

On route home from buying the car I get a wobble at 75-80mph, turns out the front offside wheels are both bent (front one badly) from hitting a pothole, both offside shock are also misting.
last week the car when stationary changing from D2 to D1 makes a jolt, not bad but noticable

These are just a couple of the issues that have tainted my purchase from ASM in Milton Keynes and they have been totally dismissive of it all but have offered to take the car back (which I think is a bluff) which I have untill tomorrow to do.

Question is the car is the right color and spec as a whole with rare options (has £7K option Buckets and Exclusive leather) and I know second hand cars always need bits doing but I just don't know if this one is a ticking time bomb (I have taken out a platinum warranty with £10K per claim).

another has come up today with the buckets and is blue with less miles do I chop this one in for it?
Hmmmm.

If they take it back and everything is cancelled, will you have the funds to buy this new one? Is it cash bought or finance?

It's the same thing time after time man. The dealer just chins you off after sale. I've had issues too. Might be worth seeing if they'll fix it. But I doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G30001
3rd Gear

Post by G30001 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:12 am

Ian_C wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:05 am
G30001 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:41 am
ASM in Milton Keynes
Yes, take it back! As quick as you can. And run for the hills :thumbs:

Have you not read their reviews online.....

I hadn't before no otherwise I would never have gone there!
2013 B8 RS4 - Reflex Silver Black Pack probably the 2nd lowest mileage in County

G30001
3rd Gear

Post by G30001 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:12 am

Thundercliffe81 wrote:

Hmmmm.

If they take it back and everything is cancelled, will you have the funds to buy this new one? Is it cash bought or finance?

It's the same thing time after time man. The dealer just chins you off after sale. I've had issues too. Might be worth seeing if they'll fix it. But I doubt it.

Cash purchase so will be able to go from one dealer to the next!

Offered up fixing it they accused me of damaging the wheels and getting them repaired in less than 15 hours and overnight.
Last edited by G30001 on Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

noidea
3rd Gear

Post by noidea » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:19 am

I would take it back, I don't think you will ever be 100% happy with it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

G30001
3rd Gear

Post by G30001 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:22 am

Just had Audi UK confirm the Service in August had been done (Inspection) which is a relief, although just spoke to the dealer on the other one and it has a Miltek and Ghost immobiliser.

Missing the Pan Roof but hasn't been smoked in, tyres have decent life in them and seems to be much better looked after.

Watch this space

G30001
3rd Gear

Post by G30001 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:32 pm

Well ASM are refusing a full refund just a buyback amount, followed up with the threat of legal action if I continue to pester them.

Looks like we are going to court

miatang
3rd Gear

Post by miatang » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:48 pm

Surely the missing Sports Pack alone is grounds for misadvertising

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:07 pm

G30001 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:32 pm
Well ASM are refusing a full refund just a buyback amount, followed up with the threat of legal action if I continue to pester them.

Boils my piss. Obviously looking to get rid of it to someone who wouldn’t notice. And buckling your wheels and having them fixed in 15 hours, cheeky cünts. Stand your ground and fight.

Cheers :thumbs:

Madelvic
3rd Gear

Post by Madelvic » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:21 pm

Take it back straight away, go to court to recover ALL your money if need be. I too bought an RS4 that was wrongly advertised and the dealer didn't hesitate to give me my money back in full.

As per miatang getting the spec wrong is grounds enough for rejecting the car. Also the D2 to D1 jerk is well known - my previous car did this and it is a very expensive repair and you can't be sure the warranty company would stump up. Chris Harris had the same issue on his S4 - well documented on Pistonheads.

Be polite but firm. Stick to facts. Ask for your money back in full. And good luck!
Macan GTS
Boxster S
Previously
Audi RS4 B8
Audi S4 B8
Audi S4 B6
Nissan GTR,
Lotus Elise 111R,
Caterham,
Golf GTi Mk 1, Mk 2, Mk 3, Mk 4, VR6,
Various SAAB Turbos
Peugeot 205 GTi,
RS2000

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:29 pm

G30001 wrote:
Thundercliffe81 wrote:

Hmmmm.

Cash purchase so will be able to go from one dealer to the next!

Offered up fixing it they accused me of damaging the wheels and getting them repaired in less than 15 hours and overnight.
Seriously?

Mate. Screen shot these messages and put a complaint together. I'm going all the way me. Don't care how long it takes. I'm patient.

Audi just need to get more reps out and have snap inspections of franchises. It's simple. But yeah. Go get the other car mate if it ticks the service history snd spec. Image

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:30 pm

G30001 wrote:Just had Audi UK confirm the Service in August had been done (Inspection) which is a relief, although just spoke to the dealer on the other one and it has a Miltek and Ghost immobiliser.

Missing the Pan Roof but hasn't been smoked in, tyres have decent life in them and seems to be much better looked after.

Watch this space
Gift!!

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:31 pm

G30001 wrote:Well ASM are refusing a full refund just a buyback amount, followed up with the threat of legal action if I continue to pester them.

It's a threat and a bluff. Which clearly shows they're used to pulling this crap. I cannot believe Audi right now. It's an epidemic.

Madelvic
3rd Gear

Post by Madelvic » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:50 pm

It's not an Audi dealer. Garage selling cars from £799 to £435,000 which I find very odd. Reminds me of a another dealer in Bradford
Macan GTS
Boxster S
Previously
Audi RS4 B8
Audi S4 B8
Audi S4 B6
Nissan GTR,
Lotus Elise 111R,
Caterham,
Golf GTi Mk 1, Mk 2, Mk 3, Mk 4, VR6,
Various SAAB Turbos
Peugeot 205 GTi,