Hi!

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
mdrs4_82
Neutral

Hi!

Post by mdrs4_82 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:24 am

Hi everyone,

Have had my 2014 RS4 for nearly a year now and still very much enjoying it! I recently installed a Capristo cat-back exhaust that sounds epic! Far too quiet as standard, even with the switchable sports exhaust.

Anyway, just checking in here. I'm in South Bucks (near Amersham), have VCDS if anyone needs their car checking etc. Would be good to meet up with other owners!

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Hi!

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:52 am

mdrs4_82 wrote:Hi everyone,

Have had my 2014 RS4 for nearly a year now and still very much enjoying it! I recently installed a Capristo cat-back exhaust that sounds epic! Far too quiet as standard, even with the switchable sports exhaust.

Anyway, just checking in here. I'm in South Bucks (near Amersham), have VCDS if anyone needs their car checking etc. Would be good to meet up with other owners!
Hey bud.

*edit: Obviously, 'welcome' mate. I'm still a noob myself so didn't feel I had the place to say it.

Capristo is pretty knarly haha. Nice ImageImage Some cracking folk on here and plenty of knowledge too.

I've got the Milltek Non Res but fitting the centre silencer piece next week for a bit more refinement. What have you done so far with VCDS then? It's something I've always been interested in but never dabbled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Thundercliffe81 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Covkiller
Top Gear

Re: Hi!

Post by Covkiller » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:20 am

Welcome. Rule No1
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

Outtlaw
5th Gear

Post by Outtlaw » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:32 am

Welcome to the fold mate

mdrs4_82
Neutral

Post by mdrs4_82 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:56 am

Thanks all :)

RE: VCDS, haven't had to do much with the RS4 (yet) other than a full code check. I have used it to code features etc on other VAGs I've owned.

Is there anyone on here close to Amersham / High Wycombe? I'm not sure if I'm being overly critical, but I just wanted to check the behaviour of how other RS4s downshift from 5-4-3 when coming to a gentle stop e.g., during normal driving in "D". My shifts (in either direction) are super smooth but I have noticed (since fitting the exhaust) that the car tends to "flare" the revs a tiny bit, especially when slowing down from 5 -> 4. I say since fitting the exhaust: it is highly probable that it's always done this and I'm hearing it more because of the louder exhaust...

Other than that, no jerks or dodgy DSGness, and the cackle I now get from paddle shifting is _very_ addictive!

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:24 pm

Welcome

I think that you're just hearing more of what was there before, due to the Capristo now being fitted. So nothing to worry about.

VCDS can be quite handy, I've done a few feature changes with it on the B8. Things like:

Activate hidden menu to then enable Ambient Lighting
Enable DRL Selectable via MMI
Enable Adaptive Brake Lights
Set Headlight Washer Cycles - increased so happens less often
Disable Dribble Wipe
Increase radio play time after car is turned off
Remote opening and closing of Sunroof/Windows

Also used it to retrofit things, service functions - retract electronic parking brake for rear pad swap, and to trouble shoot with the data logging capability. Certainly not the easiest of programmes to use but a worthwhile tool for a DIY'er.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:42 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:Welcome

I think that you're just hearing more of what was there before, due to the Capristo now being fitted. So nothing to worry about.

VCDS can be quite handy, I've done a few feature changes with it on the B8. Things like:

Activate hidden menu to then enable Ambient Lighting
Enable DRL Selectable via MMI
Enable Adaptive Brake Lights
Set Headlight Washer Cycles - increased so happens less often
Disable Dribble Wipe
Increase radio play time after car is turned off
Remote opening and closing of Sunroof/Windows

Also used it to retrofit things, service functions - retract electronic parking brake for rear pad swap, and to trouble shoot with the data logging capability. Certainly not the easiest of programmes to use but a worthwhile tool for a DIY'er.
That's a good effort that.

The dribble wipe is a must I think. Be good to hook up with somebody this year and get some things done/learn a bit.

What's DRL again? And isn't Ambient lighting standard? To the OP, I'm up North I'm afraid. Forgot to say. But I'd be useless anyway haha.

mdrs4_82
Neutral

Post by mdrs4_82 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:45 pm

> Also used it to retrofit things, service functions - retract electronic parking brake for rear pad swap

Forgot that - did that a couple of months ago when doing my rear discs + pads!

Ambient lighting sounds cool... might look into that!

DRL = Daytime Running Lights

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:49 pm

mdrs4_82 wrote:> Also used it to retrofit things, service functions - retract electronic parking brake for rear pad swap

Forgot that - did that a couple of months ago when doing my rear discs + pads!

DRL = Daytime Running Lights
DRL...brain fart. Cheers ImageImage

HB_NORM
Neutral

Post by HB_NORM » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:47 pm

Likewise be interested myself if someone has VCDS and willing to help out with coding what SurrreySam has already done. In exchange for a bottle of choice for the trouble.

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:57 pm

Thundercliffe81 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:42 pm
That's a good effort that.

The dribble wipe is a must I think. Be good to hook up with somebody this year and get some things done/learn a bit.
Yes, this time of year is good for dissabling the dribble wipe as the screen always gets dirty inbetween those wipe, so it'd just smear the clean'ish windscreen. Super annoying, well it was for me anyway :lol:
mdrs4_82 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:45 pm
Its nothing major. Just turns the front and rear footwell lights on and then gives you a control interface within the MMI menu, where you can turn the lighting level up and down or back off.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:01 pm

For those who are further North keep an eye out for Audi In The Park, usually there will be people with VCDS there who can help out. Or drive down to a southern meet, we're not all miserable gits down here. :D

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:03 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:For those who are further North keep an eye out for Audi In The Park, usually there will be people with VCDS there who can help out. Or drive down to a southern meet, we're not all miserable gits down here. :D
I'll drive anywhere, me. Haha.

HB_NORM
Neutral

Post by HB_NORM » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:18 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:01 pm
For those who are further North keep an eye out for Audi In The Park, usually there will be people with VCDS there who can help out. Or drive down to a southern meet, we're not all miserable gits down here. :D
I'm Hampshire so not a million miles away from you. But happy to drive wherever.

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:19 pm

Cool, keep any eye on the trackday/meets section. I think there will be a Boxhill meet (near M25 Leatherhead junction) posted up there soon. I'm happy to bring along VCDS for those of you who want tweaks done :thumbs:

link - viewforum.php?f=10

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”