Brake Judder

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Brake Judder

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:15 pm

Covkiller wrote:Try these boys in Poland, I found them the cheapest and great service.

http://www.jdl-brakes.com
I do like their selection. The site layout is really good too.

Ds2500 coming in at same price as OEM fronts. Could have sworn I'd seen them cheaper. Think I'll just get normal Ferodo for the rear pads. I'll let you know what I order today. Hell of a sucker punch this has been. Haha.

Think I'll be looking at taking this job on myself next time. Not fully confident yet. I've done some good things though in past 3 months with it. Saved a bit of dosh. Might keep an eye out for some decent jack stands or something. Can't get under it ATM. Just for all round accessibility. Need a decent torque wrench too. I'm like a new born baby late to the party here haha. You'll all be moving on to the RS6 forum by time I figure out how to fix my own car Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Re: Brake Judder

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:16 pm

Men...

Discs and pads ordered. I had to rip the bandaid off pretty quick. Ouch.

I have a quote for braided hoses all round and fluid flush too. I was just curious to see how much it would be to just do all this together.

So, where I got the brakes tested, they quoted £2036 all in for Discs, pads and labour. I couldn't pay that. Wouldn't. I initially went there to inquire about skimming anyway so...

I've got the discs for £1178 all round from Crewe. Ferodo DS2500s for the front and Ferodo OE Premier for the rears. I think that's the rear pads I currently have actually. Or what's left of them. Braided hoses and Dot 5.1 fluid flush all round plus fitting:

£864. So, £2042 all in. That's a whole lot of stuff for the initial quote I got from first place eh?

Two questions:

1) Should I get the braided lines and fluid flush or hold off?

2) In fact. Scrap 2. Its about bedding in. I'll ask that in a week when I get the job done.

Cheers

Sammyb349
3rd Gear

Post by Sammyb349 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:02 pm

Which braided hoses are you considering? Hel, Goodrich, Tarox?
Current:
- Audi B8 RS4 - Panther Black
- VW High Up! TSI - Red with Black Roof
Previous:
- BMW R56 Mini JCW - Black with Red Roof
- Peugeot 306 1.6 GLX - British Racing Green
- Ford Fiesta 1.1 Popular Plus - Sky Blue

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:06 pm

Sammyb349 wrote:Which braided hoses are you considering? Hel, Goodrich, Tarox?
I think it's what MRC use bud? It's CM Tuning doing the fitting. Goodrich is it?

It's all booked in anyway. The lot. Just makes sense to do it all together. Especially with the potential for contaminating discs and pads with fluid if I got it done later. This was pointed out to me on ASN by the lads there today. Labour too. Just makes sense.

Looking forward to it man.

Sammyb349
3rd Gear

Post by Sammyb349 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:07 pm

Cool - been reading your posts with interest. My brakes are likely due next month, 20k done. Full set needed and I know they are not cheap - along with the major service too it’s going to be expensive 😬
I was also thinking braided lines and getting Audi Crewe to supply the parts... makes financial sense I think
Current:
- Audi B8 RS4 - Panther Black
- VW High Up! TSI - Red with Black Roof
Previous:
- BMW R56 Mini JCW - Black with Red Roof
- Peugeot 306 1.6 GLX - British Racing Green
- Ford Fiesta 1.1 Popular Plus - Sky Blue

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:03 am

Sammyb349 wrote:Cool - been reading your posts with interest. My brakes are likely due next month, 20k done. Full set needed and I know they are not cheap - along with the major service too it’s going to be expensive Image
I was also thinking braided lines and getting Audi Crewe to supply the parts... makes financial sense I think
Yeah 100%.

The RRP on those discs was painful man. I just couldn't do it. Luckily Crewe had them on offer on eBay. I emailed Tom (his email is on their eBay Shop) and just got them and a new gearbox undertray as a oner. They had the pads but I fancied something different.

I think there Stock is low on these so email him and try get a pre-order in maybe?

I seen about 3-4 other listings from different places too FYI. Ranging from £450-600 (rears) and £520-750 fronts.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3082841247

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”