RS4 MY15 - Problem after purchasing a week ago.

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
HB_NORM
Neutral

Re: RS4 MY15 - Problem after purchasing a week ago.

Post by HB_NORM » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:43 pm

robster wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:50 pm
How did you pay for the car?

If it's on finance the finance company need to make sure the car is not faulty, you could use them as leverage.

Under the consumer rights act you have up to six months to reject the car

The warranties are administered by Audi so hopefully you'll have more luck with the second dealer
Finance company have been involved from the start, sourced by a broker so not as straight forward and as helpful as VWFS. I have no intention to reject the car, otherwise I would of done that a long time ago. Hopefully, this will be the last time it needs to be in other than routine servicing and will free up my time dealing with these issues. :thumbs:

robster
1st Gear

Post by robster » Thu May 09, 2019 6:48 am

Did you manage to sort it out HB?

HB_NORM
Neutral

Post by HB_NORM » Thu May 09, 2019 6:02 pm

robster wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:48 am
Did you manage to sort it out HB?
Not quite mate, dealer said suspension was 10mm lower on the right which is within tolerance, thankfully not DRC related according to Master Technician. Hopefully that remains the case. However, steering wheel has been knocked out of alignment again and now wont centre up. Not quite sure, why this is reoccurring issue, I'm aware a wheel alignment was done again, I'm not sure why, but this could be the cause.

Sadly, although most issues are sorted I still have a few hiccups and a considerable finance loss from payments and buying new wheels.

robster
1st Gear

Post by robster » Fri May 10, 2019 6:54 am

Sounds like you're getting there.

Never heard of suspension level tolerance on any car but suppose c of g isn't straight down the middle, 10mm seems quite a lot, if u weren't looking for it would u know it was off?

My steering isn't quite straight, have put that down to road camber, and the tramlines in the roads. My S4 was the same. How much out is the steering?

HB_NORM
Neutral

Post by HB_NORM » Fri May 10, 2019 4:11 pm

Suspension tolerance is a new one for me. I have only recently heard of this from the centre. You can noticeably see the car sits lower on the right. But its within tolerance I'm told.

Steering wheel is noticeably sitting to the left. Not a great deal but it wont straighten up. Its been a saga with going from right to left and then it was centred to only go back to the left again. Either RS4 wheel alignments are very sensitive or my car is a pain in the arse!

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”