Aftermarket Aero/exterior styling parts

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
noidea
3rd Gear

Re: Aftermarket Aero/exterior styling parts

Post by noidea » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:29 pm

Definitely one piece, there is a black plastic insert that's it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:35 pm

Here's my thoughts and as I said earlier. I've not investigated this, it was just a cursory look when I had the bumper off for a different job.

Click image to enlarge.
Bumper_Diffuser.jpg
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Aftermarket Aero/exterior styling parts

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:31 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:Here's my thoughts and as I said earlier. I've not investigated this, it was just a cursory look when I had the bumper off for a different job.

Click image to enlarge.
Bumper_Diffuser.jpg
Hi Sam.

That's in depth and helps explain. I personally thought the hex might be adhered to the bumper by a strong apoxy etc. But interesting about the aluminium style strip. I thought that would be a separate piece.

It's quite a big one piece panel by looks of it then. Makes sense why nobody has really bothered doing aftermarket pieces. Loving the akrapovic btw haha.

Cheers for this bud. I think it'd be forcing the issue just for aesthetics now. It's a great looking car as is. Gonna keep an eye out for some titanium rotors and change the interior lights to Trupps. Think that'll be my lot ImageImageThe Milltek has transformed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Thundercliffe81 on Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noidea
3rd Gear

Post by noidea » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:14 am

The hex panel is fixed by pins that go through holes in the bumper. From the factory these are spun welded and melted on the back face. This holds it in place.
If you replace it with a new one Audi supply new clips that push over the pins to hold it.
The bumper is 100% one piece!

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:36 am

noidea wrote:The hex panel is fixed by pins that go through holes in the bumper. From the factory these are spun welded and melted on the back face. This holds it in place.
If you replace it with a new one Audi supply new clips that push over the pins to hold it.
The bumper is 100% one piece!

Haha. Image A passionate response. I've certainly learned a lot with this. Cheers. I'm not gonna touch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”