Surrey Sam
Cruising

Re: Gearbox Undertray 8K2863822Q

Post by Surrey Sam » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:25 pm

Geoff A wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:23 pm
Everyday really is a school day - thanks Sam 👍
You're welcome.

It's the same for steering as well, except the speed switchover is lower.

Play around with three suspension options (in Individual) on a B-Road and you should notice the difference quite easily :thumbs: .
Last edited by Surrey Sam on Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:26 pm

Geoff A wrote:Everyday really is a school day - thanks Sam Image
I don't think I've used 'Auto' in a car for a long time because it's usually so out of sorts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:29 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:
Geoff A wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:23 pm
Everyday really is a school day - thanks Sam Image
You're welcome.

It's the same for steering as well, except the speed switchover is lower.

Play around with three suspension options (in Individual) on a B-Road and you should notice the difference quite easily :thumbs: .
Do you think dynamic steering kicks in at much higher speeds? Or is it more of a middle setting similar to the damping? I use comfort for steering in Individual with dynamic sports diff. I do prefer it over dynamic steering in general. But you raise a good point.

When entering a tight switchback for example, if you're in dynamic, it's hard work getting round that quickly due to the weight of steering. Again...Auto. I haven't even touched it haha. Cheers Sam.

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:50 pm

It's the same concept for the steering, i.e. Auto is a middle setting.

The only caveat to all this is the Gearbox option. I've not found any information to back this up yet but I believe this is just Drive (comfort) and Sport (dynamic), selecting Auto will then switch between those 2 modes dependent on driving style. This would make sense because the gear selector can only go between those 2 options when pressing backwards.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:58 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:It's the same concept for the steering, i.e. Auto is a middle setting.

The only caveat to all this is the Gearbox option. I've not found any information to back this up yet but I believe this is just Drive (comfort) and Sport (dynamic), selecting Auto will then switch between those 2 modes dependent on driving style. This would make sense because the gear selector can only go between those 2 options when pressing backwards.
Yeah definitely. That sounds right.

The lockdown is decent anyway in drive. Can you tell me why there is the hesitation in kick down? Well, not hesitation. I know it's got to drop down several gears. But there's a slight pause before it takes off isn't there? Is it to protect the box?

I think I read somewhere that it's already set for the next gear up so it then realised you want to go down several gears and there's a slight pause. The C63 MCT is it? That seems a bit quick in Drive/auto. Not on the paddles though obviously.

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:51 pm

Well.

Driven some spirited lengths of B road just there. Yup! Definitely a noticeable difference Sam.

Suspension wise, I'm leaving it Auto for sure. Really tightens the car up without the bone jarring of Dynamic. The wallowy-ness has gone. Many thanks for this. Such a simple fix haha. As standard.

The steering in Auto. Jury is out. I dunno. Might just take some getting used to I guess but at low to Med speeds you have to turn in 'x' amount and at higher speeds it's 'y'. I guess after a few days you'd know how much to adjust your turn in for different speeds.

But the suspension is actually night and day IMO. Start a thread on an undertray, get better ride quality

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”