DRC and Audi Warranty

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
Bizzo
Neutral

DRC and Audi Warranty

Post by Bizzo » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:19 pm

Quick query - thought I heard some knocking from offside front corner today....lasted about 1-2 minutes then subsided. Done about 100 miles since on some quite rough roads but all seemed quiet.
But this obviously got me thinking about a possible issue and so I looked at the Audi extended warranty booklet to check. I have the all component version, which states that suspension is covered but print also mentions the following:
“Design Faults and Recalls – If any components of your vehicle have an inherent design fault or is recalled by its manufacturer, the component which is the subject of the design fault or recall is not covered by this warranty.”
Given the issues they’ve had with DRC over the years, are they likely to quibble if there’s an issue? I’ve had a read through other posts, and I hope that all component means just that.
It was serviced at Southampton Audi 2 weeks ago and the video they send afterwards has the service chap saying “no issues to report.”
Any thoughts or opinions on all the above most welcome!

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Re: DRC and Audi Warranty

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:39 pm

Bizzo wrote:Quick query - thought I heard some knocking from offside front corner today....lasted about 1-2 minutes then subsided. Done about 100 miles since on some quite rough roads but all seemed quiet.
But this obviously got me thinking about a possible issue and so I looked at the Audi extended warranty booklet to check. I have the all component version, which states that suspension is covered but print also mentions the following:
“Design Faults and Recalls – If any components of your vehicle have an inherent design fault or is recalled by its manufacturer, the component which is the subject of the design fault or recall is not covered by this warranty.”
Given the issues they’ve had with DRC over the years, are they likely to quibble if there’s an issue? I’ve had a read through other posts, and I hope that all component means just that.
It was serviced at Southampton Audi 2 weeks ago and the video they send afterwards has the service chap saying “no issues to report.”
Any thoughts or opinions on all the above most welcome!
I had this too about a month ago mate on mine. It's 2 months since I bought the car from Newcastle Audi. It subsided and haven't had an issue since. It only happened going down steep hills in dynamic.

The original owner had the DRC replaced for free. But if it fails again, I'm replacing with KW V3s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Madelvic
3rd Gear

Re: DRC and Audi Warranty

Post by Madelvic » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:43 pm

My view - should be covered either way. If it is a design fault then Audi should replace it foc. If not then warranty

Will say I've had no experience claiming against the warranty!
Macan GTS
Boxster S
Previously
Audi RS4 B8
Audi S4 B8
Audi S4 B6
Nissan GTR,
Lotus Elise 111R,
Caterham,
Golf GTi Mk 1, Mk 2, Mk 3, Mk 4, VR6,
Various SAAB Turbos
Peugeot 205 GTi,