Convenience Pack issues

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Convenience Pack issues

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:18 pm

Afternoon everybody.

So, got car 2 months ago. 64 plate, 44k miles. Set memory seats with both keys and all was well.

A month ago, the memory seats stopped working. 'Set' wouldn't light up and nothing would happen.

Today, was driving down narrow road and went to manually close wing mirrors in. Nothing happened. Tried several times. Nada. Is there a way to fully reset this? Got a feeling it's confused itself with both keys. Could just reset to factory settings I guess.

Cheers all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Re: Convenience Pack issues

Post by Surrey Sam » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:45 pm

Folding mirrors might be speed related, you have to be going super slow for them to fold whilst moving. A bit of a pain.

Not heard of the convenience issue before though. Without VCDS, the only thing I can think of for you to carry out is an MMI reboot. Try that and see whether that kicks the system back into normal working order.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:54 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:Folding mirrors might be speed related, you have to be going super slow for them to fold whilst moving. A bit of a pain.

Not heard of the convenience issue before though. Without VCDS, the only thing I can think of for you to carry out is an MMI reboot. Try that and see whether that kicks the system back into normal working order.
Yeah that is my plan. Should reset anything should it? Just a reboot.

Earlier on (static) the mirrors started working again. Speed makes sense so will try different speeds. Cheers for that. B9 didn't seem to have a limit.

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:27 pm

Yeah MMI reboot shouldn't reset anything from memory.

Audi probably upped the speed for the B9, as the B8 is just too low. Had the feature on a few other manufacturers and they all do it at higher speeds.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:08 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:Yeah MMI reboot shouldn't reset anything from memory.

Audi probably upped the speed for the B9, as the B8 is just too low. Had the feature on a few other manufacturers and they all do it at higher speeds.
I have a hunch it will be useable as long as the parking sensor/camera is functional. 5mph is it? Will try tomorrow. TBH, I don't even use memory seats haha. Just bugging me.

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:22 pm

Yup. Mirrors fold in at speeds where the parking camera is still being utilised. They cease to do so after that.

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:22 pm

Oh. And the MMI hard reboot hasn't worked. Will factory reset and go from there. But as I say, I don't use it anyway.

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:43 pm

Might be worth trying to reset the drivers seat. With the ignition on, cycle the seat (up,down,back,forth) to each extremity and hold for 5 seconds.

When I get a chance I'll take a look with VCDS and see if the camera off speed can be raised, that could help the folding mirrors scenario.

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:02 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:Might be worth trying to reset the drivers seat. With the ignition on, cycle the seat (up,down,back,forth) to each extremity and hold for 5 seconds.

When I get a chance I'll take a look with VCDS and see if the camera off speed can be raised, that could help the folding mirrors scenario.
That would be grand. Appreciated. Handy little thing to have when passing parked cars on narrow street or country lane.

I'd seen the seat trick on another forum and automatically thought it was a prank haha. That'll teach me. Will do that this week then too. Why does 'that' reset it though? Programmed to do so or a service process?

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:13 pm

It's just an adaption process.

If say for example you've been moving the seat around to clean underneath and instigated the process, but not finished it. Then that could cause the issue, as the memory module doesn't know where the full extents of the seat travel is.

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:23 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:It's just an adaption process.

If say for example you've been moving the seat around to clean underneath and instigated the process, but not finished it. Then that could cause the issue, as the memory module doesn't know where the full extents of the seat travel is.
Sounds like a built in test sort of. Definitely a quirkier car than the B9 haha. I'd forgotten. I wish I was as patient as DeanoC then I'd sort that flipping door rattle from the B&O speakers!! Aftermarket exhaust will fix that issue though.

If you hear of anybody selling a non res Milly, drop me a message bud. No rush as I'll be putting a wanted ad up in the spring. But if someone is selling one sub £1k, I'll snap it up beforehand.

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”