2015 B8 RS4

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Re: 2015 B8 RS4

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:33 am

johnnydog wrote:Mine is a 64 2015 model, which was three months old when I bought it, and had the benefit of a 5 year 90k Audi Warranty with the car put on it by the supplying Audi Dealer when new.
Had issues with the DRC which was eventually sorted with the new uprated front shockers, and the only other issue I had was the two fuel pressure regulators (one on either bank above the rocker covers) had visible corrosion spots starting. My arguement was that the engine bay had a carbon fibre engine cover, and although only a visual enhancement, the overall appearance of the engine bay was let down by the rust spots, and they agreed and they were changed under warranty. I hadn't expected them to agree to this, but they did.
No other issues no date, but the 5 year 90k warranty is a great peace of mind, although I will not do anything near that sort of mileage.
If you are in the market for a vehicle such as this, then you must have budgeted for higher than normal running costs. My opinion is that if you decide not to go for one as a result of a few horror stories on the Internet, you will missing out on one superbly designed performance vehicle. There are a lot more RS4s out there that have had no major issues at all than ones you have read about with problems. As with most reviews, it's only the bad points about any subject that get the most publicity. Owners with no issues have no need and rarely write about them.
Well said. It's an engine that represents a time we'll never have again and the most beautifully designed RS4 in my opinion.

Getting up over 8000rpm is just exquisite. But as a package with the soundtrack...there's not much else that does it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”