Goodbye RS4 enough is enough...

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
Broken Record
Neutral

Goodbye RS4 enough is enough...

Post by Broken Record » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:54 pm

Well did not think I would ever be typing this... long and the short of this guys is that my 5 year old RS4 has been traded in while it still worked :audibash:

I can honestly put hand on heart and say it was the most unreliable car I have EVER owned, probably spend more time with Audi/garage than me, this coupled with Audi's amazing customer service has left me feeling some what jaded to say the least.

I have always had Audi/VW's for a long long time, but I fail to see how a 5 year old car which cost its original owner just shy of £80,000 has had so many issues including rust!

I have kept it short as I don't want come across as a BMW driver.

Good luck and farewell to all you B8 RS4 owners on here, I will miss the mighty V8 but not the hassles.

RS4LAD
3rd Gear

Re: Goodbye RS4 enough is enough...

Post by RS4LAD » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:46 am

Please tell us about your bad experiences....

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:50 am

Would also like to know, I assume this was an evolution of your weird electrical fault? Still can't believe that's normal.

Audi customer service is dire and I know how you feel. Had mine pretty much from new and in the first 15k, it needed 2 Gearboxes and an Engine amongst other warranty work. I've now covered the same mileage since and not had any further problems (touching wood). But in those early days I really considered ditching the car, as I was fed up with rolling around in 2L diesels provided by Audi.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

Broken Record
Neutral

Post by Broken Record » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:22 pm

Hey, guys the car just seems poorly built in comparison with my old RS4 which was much older with no rust and fewer problems, I have ranted on here before about the strange electrical goings on with the door cards lighting going out when you rev the engine etc, but that coupled with gearbox issues, suspension issues, and engine management lights which come and go, and the most horrendous chain rattle on cold start, and engine misfires which all of these are apparently normal for my car?
I had tried to remedy the issues with plugs and coils etc but it still miss fires and with everything else the rust on a 5 year old car has just made me realize that its just not worth anymore of my time or money

Audi's attitude does not help as they just fob off all these problems as normal for these cars!!

hope this help to shed some light on my woes.

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:01 pm

Broken Record wrote:Hey, guys the car just seems poorly built in comparison with my old RS4 which was much older with no rust and fewer problems, I have ranted on here before about the strange electrical goings on with the door cards lighting going out when you rev the engine etc, but that coupled with gearbox issues, suspension issues, and engine management lights which come and go, and the most horrendous chain rattle on cold start, and engine misfires which all of these are apparently normal for my car?
I had tried to remedy the issues with plugs and coils etc but it still miss fires and with everything else the rust on a 5 year old car has just made me realize that its just not worth anymore of my time or money

Audi's attitude does not help as they just fob off all these problems as normal for these cars!!

hope this help to shed some light on my woes.
Sorry to hear this.

What kind of mileage was it? Carbon build up? I think after initial warranty has runout, regardless of the prestige involved with the RS Brand, Audi just move on to the next latest and greatest. 5 years is not an old car. Regardless of engine type.

In fact, there should be 'more' of a warranty for an engine like this. A flagship car. My used one appears to have the big issues fixed by previous owner but, hopefully it ends there. No upsets. What you going to next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Afsimba
3rd Gear

Post by Afsimba » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:33 pm

That and A 325d can eat them loved my b8 but also had power steering failure and it just wasn’t fast and I have never owned BM’s still have c7 Rs6 but know what u mean never fell in love

Broken Record
Neutral

Post by Broken Record » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:29 pm

Hi Guys, thanks for your replies, I have no idea of what other problems lurked under the bonnet of the RS4 but I was getting to the point of being worried to drive it in case something went wrong, just lost all confidence in the car...And fed up with 1 Month booking times at Audi utter joke.

After years of being a loyal VAG group buyer I decided to test drive some other brands and go all sensible for a bit :shock: and give my hard earned cash to another manufacturer.

So ended up with an off the wall choice....Volvo V90 Ocean Race diesel :roll: :roll: But its an awesome piece of kit which comes with some amazing tech,the new models have really upped their game, lacks in the engine department, but kinda figured that I spent most of my driving stuck in traffic doing 30 - 40 mph anyway...

And with the money I save, I can get myself a track car to hoon about like an idiot, when the need arises.

So for now this closes the Audi chapter of my life and I cant really see me wanting to return anytime soon if the cars are all heading that way with build quality :|
Maybe I just had a pup or was unlucky who knows? but I've cut my losses and moved on.

But don't worry I will still keep on eye on here to see who's gearbox or timing chain has failed... :sekret:

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”