Eventuri

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
ranksie
1st Gear

Eventuri

Post by ranksie » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:02 pm

Hi all

Great to be back in a RS4 after trying out other V8's in the meantime.
Nothings changed, loved the car but it still misses the V8 growl :-)
On my old B7 I had the revolution carbon airbox fitted, this provided a great soundtrack of a deep V8 rumble without the raspe.

My question is, has anyone had the Eventuri fitted to the B8 and if so was it worth the 2k

Thanks

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Re: Eventuri

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:37 pm

ranksie wrote:Hi all

Great to be back in a RS4 after trying out other V8's in the meantime.
Nothings changed, loved the car but it still misses the V8 growl :-)
On my old B7 I had the Revolution carbon airbox fitted, this provided a great soundtrack of a deep V8 rumble without the raspe.

My question is, has anyone had the Eventuri fitted to the B8 and if so was it worth the 2k

Thanks
I'd be keen to hear thoughts on this too Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pisci
Neutral

Post by Pisci » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:24 pm

I'll check myself into this topic as well. I don't think anybody has it yet because it is way too expensive for an induction kit IMHO.

Cheers,
Alex

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:27 pm

Pisci wrote:I'll check myself into this topic as well. I don't think anybody has it yet because it is way too expensive for an induction kit IMHO.

Cheers,
Alex
Yeah that's a good point. I've seen the Akrapivic exhaust drop about £1k but that's taken years! And it's still bloody expensive haha.

ant@apautomotive
Trader (Expired)

Post by ant@apautomotive » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:08 pm

If You opt for an Eventuri, drop us an email for member pricing.

Ant
AP Automotive - Parts, Servicing, Performance.

T: 01952 794024
E: info@apautomotive.com
W: www.apautomotive.com

RS4LAD
3rd Gear

Post by RS4LAD » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:37 pm

Fml from a performance point of view these intakes are <beep>. They just look nice.

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:45 pm

RS4LAD wrote:Fml from a performance point of view these intakes are &lt;beep&gt;. They just look nice.
They probably sound nice too!

2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:50 pm

Think it claims 25bhp and ft lbs...can't remember. As much as I'd like more torque, it's a crazy price. Rather have an MTM exhaust. But I guess if you've got the cash and are looking to get as much out of the car as you can, it's a lovely item.

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:09 pm

I've messaged a couple of people who've had them and the replies, were all positive praise for them. I'd certainly have one for £1500, just not the RRP price though.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:17 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:I've messaged a couple of people who've had them and the replies, were all positive praise for them. I'd certainly have one for £1500, just not the RRP price though.
What advantages were there? What filters are in them? Not entirely sure how they work.

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:25 pm

Less restriction, so the air moves faster and suffers less heat soak.

Induction noise, sharper throttle response and little power increases was the feedback benefits I was given.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:46 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:Less restriction, so the air moves faster and suffers less heat soak.

Induction noise, sharper throttle response and little power increases was the feedback benefits I was given.
Image we need to get these on the cheap.

RS4LAD
3rd Gear

Post by RS4LAD » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:45 pm

The feedback which I received is the same as the above, little power gains and just noise along with good looks, that doesn’t justify the rrp of these imho.

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:57 pm

RS4LAD wrote:The feedback which I received is the same as the above, little power gains and just noise along with good looks, that doesn’t justify the rrp of these imho.
I agree. I still don't think they'll come down in price for quite a while. If ever.

The C63 just seems such an easier, more reliable and tuneable right out the box car haha. My mates got one with PP and a full decat. It's a weapon. You 'feel' that shunt from the acceleration.

I still love my RS4 though. That redline is epic. Everything's subjective. I'm going to focus on maintenance and weight reduction over tuning I think. For the gains, it's just crazy money on this platform. Better brakes, lighter wheels, lighter exhaust and just religious maintenance.

RS4LAD
3rd Gear

Post by RS4LAD » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:12 am

Thundercliffe81 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:57 pm
RS4LAD wrote:The feedback which I received is the same as the above, little power gains and just noise along with good looks, that doesn’t justify the rrp of these imho.
I agree. I still don't think they'll come down in price for quite a while. If ever.

The C63 just seems such an easier, more reliable and tuneable right out the box car haha. My mates got one with PP and a full decat. It's a weapon. You 'feel' that shunt from the acceleration.

I still love my RS4 though. That redline is epic. Everything's subjective. I'm going to focus on maintenance and weight reduction over tuning I think. For the gains, it's just crazy money on this platform. Better brakes, lighter wheels, lighter exhaust and just religious maintenance.

The c63 went downhill for me after my 507 edition, the new e63 however is a game changer for Mercedes il give them that, other than that they were never the same imo.

I love the RS4 so much I now own a handful of them. Don’t ask me how or why but they all serve a purpose...for now anyway!

If I was to buy new cars now to replace the lot it would be an M2 for a daily and a Unicorn v10 manual r8 for weekends.

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”