Possible new car. Advice needed

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
Stu4024
Neutral

Possible new car. Advice needed

Post by Stu4024 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:19 pm

I retire soon and at this time drive a BMW 320i Msport.
I have always wanted an RS4 or 6 but work and family (££££) have stopped me.
Lowestoft Audi have a Sepang Blue 2014 model with good spec but it has 89k miles.
Obviously it would be under the used warranty but

A) Can the used warranty be extended like the BMW one and at what cost

B) Other than DRC what are going to be other issues at high miles? Gearbox? Engine?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Madelvic
3rd Gear

Re: Possible new car. Advice needed

Post by Madelvic » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:28 pm

It should come with an Audi warranty and yes you can extend it through Audi. Two levels and various excesses. I paid £660 for a year. Wrap it into the purchase?

I’ve had gearbox and DRC issues on low mileage cars so I wouldn’t be put off by mileage. History and condition more important imo
Macan GTS
Boxster S
Previously
Audi RS4 B8
Audi S4 B8
Audi S4 B6
Nissan GTR,
Lotus Elise 111R,
Caterham,
Golf GTi Mk 1, Mk 2, Mk 3, Mk 4, VR6,
Various SAAB Turbos
Peugeot 205 GTi,
RS2000

Silver7
2nd Gear

Post by Silver7 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:35 pm

Check it has had the gearbox oil changes as required - otherwise warranty won’t pay out

Broken Record
Neutral

Post by Broken Record » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:43 am

In my experience I have found these cars to quite fragile compared to others I owned, I purchased mine with 55k on the clock which I was a little nervous about, but like you considered the years warranty so thought "What the hell go for it" I have since purchased an additional years named component warranty which has so far proved pants! Just bare in mind that a years warranty on high millage cars goes up with the miles so full warranty for mine this year would have been £1700.00 and they only go up to 100k although I have heard of people getting cover on higher millage cars as long as the history is good.

My cars has had all DRC replaced, DRC hose failure, Sat Nav position sensor replaced and resprayed, Blind spot LED's changed,Gearbox trouble and other electrical issues.....

Despite all these issues I still cant find another car which ticks all the boxes like this one does and gives me a stupid grin and the enjoyment which driving should be about.

If you want it go for it they are amazing capable cars, just don't leap into ownership thinking these are cheap cars to run and maintain. Get the dealer to check its history and double check all services for the gearbox and diff's are up to date as Audi has a habit of bungling the services on these cars for some reason? And check for DRC suspension replacement on the cars file too.

Sorry if this comes across as negative, or you should consider that I may have just been unlucky with mine, as many of the members on here have had zero issues.

Stu4024
Neutral

Post by Stu4024 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:21 am

I don’t look at it as negative, just realistic. My other option is an F10 M5 but they are not as practical.

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”