Picked up a Noggy

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
BeavistheCat
Neutral

Picked up a Noggy

Post by BeavistheCat » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:34 am

So 2 weeks in, picked up my Noggy from dealer on 1st June. I wasn't looking for a Nogaro, it found me, as it were. First impressions are that it is fabulous. Coming from what was described by my neighbour as the world's fastest wardrobe, a V70R with a good number of miles it is genuinely night and day
Noggy on drive side.jpg
Side view
Noggy on drive side.jpg
Side view
Noggy on drive rear.jpg
Rear view
No Panroof, and no B&O on this one - to be honest I am not bothered by that. Only time I ever used the sun roof on the Volvo was when it needed a regas. What has hacked me off a bit is that the mirrors are not folding. I will be getting this done as a retro-fit - and may well go for the rear camera at the same time for the Parking Assist.
Later this week I shall give Alloy Gators a go. We have ridiculous Continental Curbs in this area - and the usual Tarmac famine when it comes to fixing the holes in the road. The Ayatollah has a bad back at the moment, so hasn't had a go at re-profiling the rims, but a recovery is only a matter of time. We'll see if the nylon helps..........

Will post updates as and when.
TC

Terminator_X
3rd Gear

Re: Picked up a Noggy

Post by Terminator_X » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:48 am

Such a great colour, well played!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

daytonamart
5th Gear

Post by daytonamart » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:53 am

Lovely looking beast, sleeper wing mirrors are a nice difference too.
Gone B8.5 A5 Sportback Black Edition Plus Floret Silver
Current C6 A6 Avant Silver TDi S line snotter
Gone B7 RS4 Sprint Blue Avant
Gone 8P A3 Sportback Reflex Silver
Gone 8V A3 Saloon Daytona Grey
Gone B7 A4 Reflex Silver
Gone B7 RS4 Daytona Grey Avant

Madelvic
3rd Gear

Post by Madelvic » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:44 pm

Very nice
Macan GTS
Boxster S
Previously
Audi RS4 B8
Audi S4 B8
Audi S4 B6
Nissan GTR,
Lotus Elise 111R,
Caterham,
Golf GTi Mk 1, Mk 2, Mk 3, Mk 4, VR6,
Various SAAB Turbos
Peugeot 205 GTi,
RS2000

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:24 pm

Congrats, welcome aboard.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

BeavistheCat
Neutral

Post by BeavistheCat » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:54 pm

Thanks guys. I spent a fair bit of time on the Forum doing research before taking the plunge so you could say an RS4 was an informed purchase. It was worth it just for the sound! Last had an Audi 20 years ago, when I had a Quattro Coupe (old 90 platform). Due to a stupid decision on wheels, I found that I had to either replace tyres every 5km (yes, I lived in Germany then) or live with terrible road noise. Ingolstadt eventually fessed up that it was a known problem which made the tyres wear in a saw tooth pattern. Loved the car, and the wheels looked great - but you could spend more on tyres than fuel. I also had a change of boss towards the end of my time in DE, who was counting the HB pencils. I was banned from using 98 RON on the basis that Audi told him it COULD run on normal unleaded.
So far on the RS I have fitted Genuine Audi dog guard (we have a greyhound) and a Premier quilted boot liner. The latter is overall OK - for some reason there are no cutouts for the interior lighting, which I have manked about. Heard nothing on that front as yet, they will need a follow up.
As mentioned, it will be getting some retro fits - possibly next week, so I will report back on that. Hard to believe that a 3 year old car has clockwork mirrors, and even harder to believe that that was done to save weight....
TC

Mav8
3rd Gear

Post by Mav8 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:06 pm

Congrats on the purchase.Love the way it found you.
Lovly colour👍
Any interior pics.
Mav8
RS3- Sepang
Gone
F80-M3
B7-RS4
B5-RS4

Sammyb349
3rd Gear

Post by Sammyb349 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:54 pm

Congrats and welcome to the group.
Current:
- Audi B8 RS4 - Panther Black
- VW High Up! TSI - Red with Black Roof
Previous:
- BMW R56 Mini JCW - Black with Red Roof
- Peugeot 306 1.6 GLX - British Racing Green
- Ford Fiesta 1.1 Popular Plus - Sky Blue

Outtlaw
5th Gear

Post by Outtlaw » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:24 am

Congrats on getting a Nogaro edition :nogarors4:
from one Noggy owner to another :thumb:

BeavistheCat
Neutral

Post by BeavistheCat » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:33 am

Mav8, I will take some photos on Friday. I need to take some shots for Premier Boot liners to show them the issue I have with their liner (which is otherwise very good) not having provision for the Boot Lighting. You will have to wear shades as the Noggy scheme is attention seeking to put it mildly. To some it may be too true to the original RS2. On another topic, anyone used Ash at Audi Retrofit? Planning to have the Mirrors retro-folding. Outlaw, not many of us about. I think Audi UK brought 32 in in total.

dougle_turbo
3rd Gear

Post by dougle_turbo » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:28 pm

BeavistheCat wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:34 am
So 2 weeks in, picked up my Noggy from dealer on 1st June. I wasn't looking for a Nogaro, it found me, as it were. First impressions are that it is fabulous. Coming from what was described by my neighbour as the world's fastest wardrobe, a V70R with a good number of miles it is genuinely night and day
Noggy on drive front.jpg
Noggy on drive side.jpg
Noggy on drive rear.jpg

No Panroof, and no B&O on this one - to be honest I am not bothered by that. Only time I ever used the sun roof on the Volvo was when it needed a regas. What has hacked me off a bit is that the mirrors are not folding. I will be getting this done as a retro-fit - and may well go for the rear camera at the same time for the Parking Assist.
Later this week I shall give Alloy Gators a go. We have ridiculous Continental Curbs in this area - and the usual Tarmac famine when it comes to fixing the holes in the road. The Ayatollah has a bad back at the moment, so hasn't had a go at re-profiling the rims, but a recovery is only a matter of time. We'll see if the nylon helps..........

Will post updates as and when.
TC
This looks :smile_smoking:
2010 987 Cayman S.
Clio 172 Cup track car "Nicole" aka NV2 Sold
Clio 172 Cup track car "Nicole" aka NV1 - R.I.P
2007 Phantom black RS4 avant - with added ceramics. Sold
2006 Phantom black RS4 saloon. Sold
1990 Black Audi S2 (3B) - full engine rebuild. Sold
1981 Black Porsche 924 Turbo, rescued from under a tree and restored. Sold

Outtlaw
5th Gear

Post by Outtlaw » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:46 pm

BeavistheCat wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:33 am
Outlaw, not many of us about. I think Audi UK brought 32 in in total.
Thought the Nogaro selection was 1 of 40/50 but could be wrong, (heard it down the pub!)
Then there were a few RS4s specced in Nogaro Blue, like mine. :thumbs:

MK2Golf24v
2nd Gear

Post by MK2Golf24v » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:59 pm

BeavistheCat wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:54 pm
. Hard to believe that a 3 year old car has clockwork mirrors, and even harder to believe that that was done to save weight....
TC
It was feck all to do with weight, you’ve Just boaught a poorly spec’d one.

BeavistheCat
Neutral

Post by BeavistheCat » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:34 am

Yup, sh!t car. I guess. How is the golf?

BeavistheCat
Neutral

Post by BeavistheCat » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:04 pm

Anyway, moving on. For those who wanted to see the interior, here are a couple of shots.
having come from a V70R with Gobi (sand colour) everywhere, this was not too much of a challenge for me personally. Yes, the Ayatollah did think the car was a bit Essex (she's frightfully Surrey), but I suspect that was more the red calipers.
Here goes:
20180622_111221.jpg
Rear Passenger
Rear Passenger shot
Driver side.jpg
Driver side
Drivers side view
Engine Bay.jpg
Engine Bay
Engine Bay.

Just had the car cleaned by Tony Molloy near Oxford. He was off to do a car for a famous restaurateur after me. Pointed out a paint defect I had missed, so I shall be ordering some paint. On the roof, so who knew?

Anyway here is a shot after the clean:
Front after clean.jpg
After The UltimateShone
Looks a lot better - and when the sun shines it is truly pearlescent.

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”