DRC fixed!!!!!

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
Bendelaurence
2nd Gear

DRC fixed!!!!!

Post by Bendelaurence » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:24 pm

So!! Finally got that split hose fixed! System re pressurised!! And it’s amazing!!! What a car!!!! I see now why you all love yours so much. Solid, planted, no longer scared of going over any bumps. Just an amazing car. And streets ahead of the merc A45.

Random post, but I just had to express my happiness.

To all other new RS4 owner, of Your Car doesn’t feel right, go and get you DRC checked!! Well worth the trip

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Re: DRC fixed!!!!!

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:37 am

Bendelaurence wrote:So!! Finally got that split hose fixed! System re pressurised!! And it’s amazing!!! What a car!!!! I see now why you all love yours so much. Solid, planted, no longer scared of going over any bumps. Just an amazing car. And streets ahead of the merc A45.

Random post, but I just had to express my happiness.

To all other new RS4 owner, of Your Car doesn’t feel right, go and get you DRC checked!! Well worth the trip
Did you take it to Audi?

I got mine (64 plate) a month ago. It's a big change coming from B9 S4. So, I feel the weight in the corners mostly and having to tell myself to take less speed into a corner. B9 was just more chuckable/adjustable in corners.

I've heard/felt a slight creak/knock sound from drivers side although to be honest, it sounds like more center. Anyway, over speed bumps and general dah to day in and out of dynamic it doesn't happen. It's just happened a couple of random times. Obviously I thought...DRC! The previous owner had shocks replaced and pressurised I dunno. Car just feels a bit unsettled.

Bumpy roads, Chris Harris was right...it's too twitchy in dynamic. I guess I haven't got any other experience with an RS4 to compare it to. Image This whole DRC thing just seems like a constant battle from every thread I've read on here and ASN.

Can I improve comfort AND handling with KW coilovers? There's no roll at all. Don't get me wrong, compared to B9 S4 (with sports diff) there is zero roll. It's great in that respect. Like I said, it's more the front end weight/inertia I'm feeling in quick directional change.

It's just, the maintenance costs involved with a DRC system that seems to inevitably fail every 'x' amount of miles seems crazy. I got into this knowing running costs. It's not that. Just common sense provoking me to ask the question. Most threads on this are all B7 related which seems to be a platform more prone to failure. My mates C63 with PP corners flat, turns in well and is extremely comfortable. I don't think there is any hydraulic DRC system in that is there? So, it's not like a car MUST have it to handle well. I was looking at getting some lighter wheels next year but wondering if this DRC conversion might be a better route first?

Appreciate any positive input. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”