Rear seat/car seat query

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
Bizzo
Neutral

Rear seat/car seat query

Post by Bizzo » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:47 pm

Evening all,
My query is to those who have used their car with a young ish family. Went out for a test drive today, and when looking in the back I thought the rear seats looked quite low.
We have a 4 year old daughter who has been car sick in the past (reading etc) and I was wondering whether these seats are too low for kids that age to be able to see out the front from a modern car seat?
As it would be our daily motor I need to make sure that she's happy in the back, and would take her out in it next time (or another if not this actual car) anyway, but wondered if anyone has experience of issues like this or whether my eyes are playing tricks on me!
Thanks in advance

noddy
2nd Gear

Re: Rear seat/car seat query

Post by noddy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:23 pm

Bizzo wrote:Evening all,
My query is to those who have used their car with a young ish family. Went out for a test drive today, and when looking in the back I thought the rear seats looked quite low.
We have a 4 year old daughter who has been car sick in the past (reading etc) and I was wondering whether these seats are too low for kids that age to be able to see out the front from a modern car seat?
As it would be our daily motor I need to make sure that she's happy in the back, and would take her out in it next time (or another if not this actual car) anyway, but wondered if anyone has experience of issues like this or whether my eyes are playing tricks on me!
Thanks in advance
I have a 3 year old and 1 year old, they’re both happy and sleep better in the rs than in the wife’s rav4. With the child seats, he can see more out the side and front than in the rav by a good few inches due to the height from the seat to the window being less. The rs in comfort mode is better damped too, the drc is great too keeping the car flat (good for sickness). I would say it’s the best family car I have owned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bizzo
Neutral

Post by Bizzo » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:28 pm

That's really interesting, thanks for your input - guess I'll be taking the car seat next time after all!

cuttsy
2nd Gear

Post by cuttsy » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:22 am

We use ours with a young family when I first got it our youngest was just a touch older than yours. Ours have never been sick in the car but on the odd occasion complained, but this is due to head down reading and when they are told to look forward or out of the windows they are fine. Don't forget they grow so quickly and within a year they will easily see out.

murph7355
3rd Gear

Post by murph7355 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:27 pm

Mine (2 and 5yr old boys) absolutely love my B7, which is more cramped and louder.

As an when I change, a pano' roof will be on the list - OH's XC90 has one, as does my dad's Renault and they love them.

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”