johnnydog
3rd Gear

Re: GEAR BOX ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH

Post by johnnydog » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:37 pm

535dboy wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:52 pm
djcliffsmiff wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:23 pm
Grittle wrote:Had this on my S4 inside warranty and as Sam says a PCB fault. Later the mechatronic failed. Jerk gear changes, esp 2nd to 1st. Felt like the car had been nudged up the back each time
Okay Cool. Thats is exactly what mine feel like. Will call Monday and get it booked in and post back what happens

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
If you want to guarantee loan car then call recovery

If you get it to dealer it is then their responsibility to put you in a car which could be difficult if they don’t have any!
Audi have an arrangement for loan cars outside of the Audi network. It used to be with Enterprise, and they were called ARC cars (Audi Replacement Car scheme). It is now called something different. But it guaranteed that you got a replacement Audi if yours was immobile through breakdown and the dealer couldn't supply an immediate loan car. They were usually decent spec'd cars as well.

djcliffsmiff
Neutral

Post by djcliffsmiff » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:45 pm

johnnydog wrote:
535dboy wrote:
djcliffsmiff wrote:
Okay Cool. Thats is exactly what mine feel like. Will call Monday and get it booked in and post back what happens

If you get it to dealer it is then their responsibility to put you in a car which could be difficult if they don’t have any!
Audi have an arrangement for loan cars outside of the Audi network. It used to be with Enterprise, and they were called ARC cars (Audi Replacement Car scheme). It is now called something different. But it guaranteed that you got a replacement Audi if yours was immobile through breakdown and the dealer couldn't supply an immediate loan car. They were usually decent spec'd cars as well.
I called then and they said they cannot give me loan car until 22nd. So booked it in for then. Will report back what the diagnosis is.....

535dboy
Top Gear

Post by 535dboy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:00 pm

johnnydog wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:37 pm
535dboy wrote:
djcliffsmiff wrote:

Hmm I had a bottom of the range a6 1.9tdi when the Colin packs went on my S3 in 2001

First car was a mondeo, then an Omega then the a6
Currently :
2019 Porsche 992S (£21k of extra toys)
2019 Porsche Macan S (£18k of extra toys)
2015 Lotus Exige V6 ( c430bhp)
2019 Seat Ibiza excellence Lux! (115bhp, 3 cyl, dsg)
1987 Porsche 928S4
1967 Jaaag Mk2 3.4

Ex
2017 AMG E class wagon
2012 Audi RS4 (B8)
2012 Porsche Boxster S (981)

doodlebug
Cruising

Post by doodlebug » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:29 pm

Poor old Colin.

djcliffsmiff
Neutral

Post by djcliffsmiff » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:40 pm

535dboy wrote:
johnnydog wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:37 pm
535dboy wrote:

Hmm I had a bottom of the range a6 1.9tdi when the Colin packs went on my S3 in 2001

First car was a mondeo, then an Omega then the a6
Oh mate. I had an S3 and coil packs went. They gave me a Astra 1.4. Had it for 2 weeks then got a a6 tdi for another month or so. That coil pack thing was a knightmare. Did not have them in stock anywhere at the time

535dboy
Top Gear

Post by 535dboy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:46 pm

Indeed I understand that mine was one of the early ones

It got to the stage here where dealers were hiring empty warehouses to store the stricken cars.
Currently :
2019 Porsche 992S (£21k of extra toys)
2019 Porsche Macan S (£18k of extra toys)
2015 Lotus Exige V6 ( c430bhp)
2019 Seat Ibiza excellence Lux! (115bhp, 3 cyl, dsg)
1987 Porsche 928S4
1967 Jaaag Mk2 3.4

Ex
2017 AMG E class wagon
2012 Audi RS4 (B8)
2012 Porsche Boxster S (981)

djcliffsmiff
Neutral

Post by djcliffsmiff » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:02 pm

Hi Everyone, got some feedback from Audi. Drive module inside the gearbox, gearbox needs to come out, and be split apart and part be removed and replaced. 15 hour job covered by warranty . Have got a Q5 which the Mrs loves but not quite my bag. Does make me wonder would I ever be able to afford to own a car like this without a warranty, love the motor but don't think it's worth the risk with all the stuff I here.

Bendelaurence
2nd Gear

Post by Bendelaurence » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:26 pm

Wow! Thanks for this post. I'm thinking of buying one next week. I've just written a post asking for advice on things like Warrenty. What the age and milage of yours? The more I read, the more I think its a must have. 15 hours! That £3k in labour alone!

djcliffsmiff
Neutral

Post by djcliffsmiff » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:48 pm

Bendelaurence wrote:Wow! Thanks for this post. I'm thinking of buying one next week. I've just written a post asking for advice on things like Warrenty. What the age and milage of yours? The more I read, the more I think its a must have. 15 hours! That £3k in labour alone!
I know, I personally would not buy without warranty. But all that said I have a friend who has one same mileage as mine and has not had a thing wrong with his. Mine is is quite high miles for this type of car I have 69k. I purchased from Audi used approved last year and they charged me 1000 pounds for an additional 1 years warranty. So had 2 years from date I purchased. Absolute bargain considering what's just happened. It is a great car though. I use everyday, roof rack, roof box, kids in the back, camping, driving holidays the lot. Does it all and sounds good at the same time. Love it

Bendelaurence
2nd Gear

Post by Bendelaurence » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:03 pm

Yh, thats exactly why I wrote my post - viewtopic.php?f=61&t=128099

It easy to read all the problems on forums like this, which is great. But not many people jump on to say "my cars been faultless' do they? They're all too busy out enjoying there car 😂

Im trying to get a better representation of what to expect. Planning on keeping mine till 100,000 miles, so I think I better get that Warrenty sorted. Just need to find out if its cheaper to start it now, or wether to start it in a years time when the dealer Warrenty runs out.....

djcliffsmiff
Neutral

Post by djcliffsmiff » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:08 pm

Bendelaurence wrote:Yh, thats exactly why I wrote my post - viewtopic.php?f=61&t=128099

It easy to read all the problems on forums like this, which is great. But not many people jump on to say "my cars been faultless' do they? They're all too busy out enjoying there car Image

Im trying to get a better representation of what to expect. Planning on keeping mine till 100,000 miles, so I think I better get that Warrenty sorted. Just need to find out if its cheaper to start it now, or wether to start it in a years time when the dealer Warrenty runs out.....
So true. It is by far the best all round car I own. If you got a family, dog or just need the space I could not think of many better all round car.

Bizzo
Neutral

Post by Bizzo » Sat May 05, 2018 9:27 pm

In reality, how common are these sorts of issues? I'm really tempted to stick to my plan of buying through Audi for peace of mind...but i suppose i risk losing out on the right car. Annoyingly it also seems that Audi warranties you buy (when a car is out of warranty) also can't be transferred to a new owner.

djcliffsmiff
Neutral

Post by djcliffsmiff » Sat May 05, 2018 11:12 pm

Do what i did. Buy through audi. But bargain two years warranty in the purchased. Then you know you got 2 year trouble free. Worked for me

Rs4spark
3rd Gear

Post by Rs4spark » Sun May 06, 2018 8:22 am

If the Car is still in Original Manufactures Warranty or has a used Car approved Audi warranty then I was told and I'm pretty sure it is transferable then the new owner extends at their wish if required .
If the car is in Warranty due to the current owner extending it previously then I was also told it can be transferred with an Admin fee if the new buyer is a Private Buyer !!,
It is well worth calling the Warranty department to check..
Best of luck
Sold B9.5 RS4 !! WHY i keep asking ! looking sat ordering another before a new model arrives
RS4 2020 Navarra & Jet Blue Gen 1 R8
RS4 Sepang 2015
RS4 Suzuka 2014
RS4 Cab Daytona 07
RS4 Cab Phantom 58
RS4 Cab Phantom 06

Crazy, also too many to list in between, get board too quickly but hopefully not this time !!

Bizzo
Neutral

Post by Bizzo » Sun May 06, 2018 7:15 pm

If you buy one out of warranty, but add an Audi warranty to it (Audi-extendedwarranty.co.uk) then they are non-transferable - annoyingly. I'm in talks to get the car I've seen bought by Audi and flogged to me as an approved car....I know what it's up for, and I know what a warranty would cost on top of that, plus they're not valid for a month after purchase when you buy the warranty separately. Might seem a convoluted way of doing it but it would cost the same (pretty much) and I'd have complete peace of mind.

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”