Strut Brace - Canyon Run CR-15 installed

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Re: Strut Brace - Canyon Run CR-15 installed

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:19 am

jangol wrote:
Thundercliffe81 wrote:For anybody still interested in getting one of these, Bro Tek in Scotland are now importers of this for James in the States. Out of stock right now but he's ordering on the 3rd Jan I think.

http://brotek.co.uk/store/c6/Accessories_.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, think I’ll treat myself to one

ImageImage Yeah I can't wait.

Baldrick
Neutral

Post by Baldrick » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:44 am

Could anyone possibly measure the length of the bar and the wall thickness (I'm guessing about 2.5mm) as due to there being no stock and brotek 'being unresponsive I'm going to make my own.. thankyou

jangol
4th Gear

Post by jangol » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:55 pm

Baldrick wrote:Could anyone possibly measure the length of the bar and the wall thickness (I'm guessing about 2.5mm) as due to there being no stock and brotek 'being unresponsive I'm going to make my own.. thankyou
Ordered mine today from Brotek, already been sent a dispatched email... doesn’t that sound promising? Or did you have the same?!?

jangol
4th Gear

Strut Brace - Canyon Run CR-15 installed

Post by jangol » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:13 pm

It’s arrived Image ignore the healthy bits in the picImage

Baldrick
Neutral

Post by Baldrick » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:49 pm

Yes, still had no response from them, so I picked up an alloy box section for £12, I’ll be putting up a guide on how to easily make it if anyone’s interested...

Baldrick
Neutral

Post by Baldrick » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:55 pm

Took a couple of hours, my DIY bar all made up and fitted. If you’ve a vice, saw, drill and a couple of files it isn’t a difficult job and as I said, cost me £12 plus some Halfords paint. The dimensions you need are a 1m length of 1” diameter box section aluminium with a 10 swg diameter. I made mine similar to the canyon where it needed filing and extra holes drilling to fit onto the existing audi brace. But it would be even simpler to remove the Audi brace, and use it as a template for an entirely new bar. Then it would probably only require the drilling of about six holes. Were I to do it again, this is the route I would go down, also using initially a 1m bar with a thinner swg to practise on, followed by accurately doing a perfect job and paint on a 10 swg thick bar. In my opinion it really isn’t necessary to shell out £100+ for what is a lightly machined box section if you’ve got a few tools in the shed.
Attachments
4B814916-5A55-4449-A0C0-25701A5CE080.jpeg
C36F7C39-B907-4FA9-95DB-F32F56036A6F.jpeg
296E1151-480B-4A7E-AFE1-EAFA19E1E987.jpeg

Baldrick
Neutral

Post by Baldrick » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:32 am

Further to the above - big difference in preciseness to the steering. Recommended.

jangol
4th Gear

Post by jangol » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:11 pm

jangol wrote:It’s arrived Image ignore the healthy bits in the picImage

Fitted it today.. forgot I had it until I move home

jangol
4th Gear

Post by jangol » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:33 pm

jangol wrote:
jangol wrote:It’s arrived Image ignore the healthy bits in the picImage

Fitted it today.. forgot I had it until I move home

Just as those before me, it’s positive difference...

morski
3rd Gear

Post by morski » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:39 pm

Baldrick wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:55 pm
Took a couple of hours, my DIY bar all made up and fitted. If you’ve a vice, saw, drill and a couple of files it isn’t a difficult job and as I said, cost me £12 plus some Halfords paint. The dimensions you need are a 1m length of 1” diameter box section aluminium with a 10 swg diameter. I made mine similar to the canyon where it needed filing and extra holes drilling to fit onto the existing audi brace. But it would be even simpler to remove the Audi brace, and use it as a template for an entirely new bar. Then it would probably only require the drilling of about six holes. Were I to do it again, this is the route I would go down, also using initially a 1m bar with a thinner swg to practise on, followed by accurately doing a perfect job and paint on a 10 swg thick bar. In my opinion it really isn’t necessary to shell out £100+ for what is a lightly machined box section if you’ve got a few tools in the shed.
Great job..
did you drill the extra holes to accommodate the extra studs on the original metal fitting? IS there anything already bolted onto them or could they be cut off? Or would you say remove the original bar completely?
thanks
RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics & Lots more..
A6 BiTdi Avant
Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill Plates, Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Retrim

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”