New Owner - Dealer Advice please.

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
B-ill
1st Gear

New Owner - Dealer Advice please.

Post by B-ill » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:36 am

Hi, this is my first post.

Purchased a 2015 B8 RS4 from Oxford Audi last week. Deal was done earlier this month (8th) pending car being prepared and funds being arranged.

I am generally very happy with the car -Suzuka Grey, with nearly all the bits and pieces I wanted apart from Buckets.

When we originally looked around the car and drove it it was near perfect apart from a few marks on the wheels which the dealer agreed to refinish.

I collected the car on Friday and drove it home, on arriving home I looked under the bonnet again only to notice various engine plastics have got over spray on them. When we looked at the car earlier in the month I had looked under the bonnet but it was under reduced light and I wasn't aware of any over spray! - i would've noticed. I have since noticed after driving it further in direct sunlight that there is over spray on the windscreen, originally i thought it was water marking / or chipping but it's not.

Looking through the 145 inspection check list there is an R (requires further attention) next to the windscreen check and the body work check, it looks as if someone has ticked over the top of the box, hhhhhmm.

I took the car back to Oxford Audi on Saturday morning and I am now awaiting a call from the Used sales manager to have the car inspected.

I am slightly concerned that the car has been damaged during the waiting period up until I collected or there is something they are not disclosing. I have no way of proving this but I just wouldn't expect this from the approved scheme. I do appreciate cars can have damage from previous owners, possibly repaired outside insurance? But for an RS model to be sold with over spray clearly over the engine cover, header tank etc i dont think this is acceptable!

Any thoughts appreciated.

noddy
2nd Gear

Re: New Owner - Dealer Advice please.

Post by noddy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:47 pm

Seems a little odd, but ask them straight out if the car had any paint work in their ownership. Hopefully they will come clean and tidy up the areas of concern.

Madelvic
3rd Gear

Post by Madelvic » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:54 pm

It’s not acceptable. You’ll have bought a relatively expensive car. If I were you I’d be seeking info on what the repair was and as a minimum seek to get the parts cleaned or replaced.

You could also consider taking the car to somebody independent for a second opinion. I did this on my last, ex-press Audi when the bumper lacquer started peeling. The Bodyshop told me the bumper had been painted 5or 6 times so not a manufacturing defect
Macan GTS
Boxster S
Previously
Audi RS4 B8
Audi S4 B8
Audi S4 B6
Nissan GTR,
Lotus Elise 111R,
Caterham,
Golf GTi Mk 1, Mk 2, Mk 3, Mk 4, VR6,
Various SAAB Turbos
Peugeot 205 GTi,
RS2000

B-ill
1st Gear

Post by B-ill » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:12 pm

Thanks.

Just looked back on some photos I took on the 8th.

The car has front and rear Oxford audi dealer plates in the pics. Now it only has a rear Dealer marked plate - the front says Marshall Audi and is clearly brand new.

douglasgdmw
1st Gear

Post by douglasgdmw » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:32 pm

Does not help you but I made sure that prior to the purchase of my RS4 that I got a car detailer to perform a paint depth inspection to make sure that it was uniform over the vehicle.

However hope you manage to get it sorted out and probably best to inform Audi customer car to indicate you disapproval. I have often used the Resolver app https://www.resolver.co.uk/ (part of Martin Lewis money supermarket) to lodge a complaint with the manufacturer themselves. Amazing what response you get once you do this.

Graeme4130
Cruising

Post by Graeme4130 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:49 pm

B-ill wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:12 pm
Thanks.

Just looked back on some photos I took on the 8th.

The car has front and rear Oxford audi dealer plates in the pics. Now it only has a rear Dealer marked plate - the front says Marshall Audi and is clearly brand new.
That would ring some alarm bells straight away. For a car to need a new plate, you'd obviously expect a front on incident. For that front incident then need paint in areas that left overspray on the engine and the screen suggests that it's been a pretty heavy front ender, and it's needed panels or braces - This would be a heavy front ender
I'd be having strong words with the dealer principle to find out exactly what's happened and threaten going to local press etc as that's the sort of publicity they'll try hardest to avoid
-------------------------------------------------------
Gone - 11/06 B7 RS4 Avant - black/black (Daily drive & kids taxi)
Gone - 05/13 B8 RS4 Avant - Suzuka grey (Daily drive & kids taxi)
Gone - 01/14 B8 RS5 Coupe - Short term car
Gone - 09/14 B8 RS4 Avant - Misano Red/Ceramics (Daily drive & kids taxi)

Current - 04/18 B9 Rs4 Nardo Grey
ZX10R Race bike - 210bhp and a few skid marks on the seat ;)

douglasgdmw
1st Gear

Post by douglasgdmw » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:46 am

Does the Audi approved car program not have a 1000 rejection policy on it. If so yhen that is something that I would be looking to instigate if you were not happy with the car?

If so then its up to the dealer to source a new car for you to the exact specification of the current vehicle that you have purchased. May be the best way to get something you are 100% happy with by not losing out.

George

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:11 pm

The dealer needs to change the plates to be complaint with Audi standards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrahamS4
Top Gear

Post by GrahamS4 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:32 am

I am sure you can reject an Audi Approved Used car within a certain time. Undisclosed accident damage (whenever it occurred) seems a reasonable reason.
Present: 2010 Ice silver B8 S4 s-tronic saloon (standard)
Past: 1998 Agate grey B5 S4 saloon (MRC tuned)
Hers: 2011 Volcano red 8P A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 170 sport quattro

B-ill
1st Gear

Post by B-ill » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:58 pm

An update incase anyone is interested.

So the over spray turned out to be from the previous owner painting the engine coverwhite !! Seriously WTF why would you do that ? The car isn't even white....

The windscreen and some engine plastics have been replaced out of good will !!

On taking it back to Audi I mentioned that i wasn't happy with the tyre tread remaining and that there is judder upon braking after 60mph- they have now replaced all four tyres with Pirellis, which I guess has saved me a few quid. Unfortunately the children at Oxford Audi manage to damage 3 out of 4 wheels on refit, the wheels had already been refurbed before I took delivery so I'm possibly looking at three new rotor wheels! Oh and the car needs an MOT in a month!! surely that shouldve been done prior to it being sold to me???

The whole process of buying my first RS4 has been painful and not what i'd hoped it should be. I have owned the car for 30 days, i have had it in my possesion for 9 of those days.

I feel a nice complaint to Marshall Audi coming. Their service department are terrible with communication, countless 'i'll just call you backs' that turn into nothing.

After having lots of great dealings with Ridgeway Oxford Audi years ago I would strongly suggest avoiding Marshall Audi Oxford.

douglasgdmw
1st Gear

Post by douglasgdmw » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:02 pm

I would seriously think about using Resolver to plead your case as it goes direct to Audi UK as well as the dealership principal.

Once Audi are involved then hopefully Marschall Audi will get a good kick into touch.

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:04 pm

B-ill wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:58 pm
An update incase anyone is interested.

So the over spray turned out to be from the previous owner painting the engine coverwhite !! Seriously WTF why would you do that ? The car isn't even white....

The windscreen and some engine plastics have been replaced out of good will !!

On taking it back to Audi I mentioned that i wasn't happy with the tyre tread remaining and that there is judder upon braking after 60mph- they have now replaced all four tyres with Pirellis, which I guess has saved me a few quid. Unfortunately the children at Oxford Audi manage to damage 3 out of 4 wheels on refit, the wheels had already been refurbed before I took delivery so I'm possibly looking at three new rotor wheels! Oh and the car needs an MOT in a month!! surely that shouldve been done prior to it being sold to me???

The whole process of buying my first RS4 has been painful and not what i'd hoped it should be. I have owned the car for 30 days, i have had it in my possesion for 9 of those days.

I feel a nice complaint to Marshall Audi coming. Their service department are terrible with communication, countless 'i'll just call you backs' that turn into nothing.

After having lots of great dealings with Ridgeway Oxford Audi years ago I would strongly suggest avoiding Marshall Audi Oxford.
Blimey, this sounds more like a Carsupermarket buying experience doesn't it? On a 3 year old Astra?! :audibash:

Not really heard great things about Oxford Audi since they moved site away from Kidlington approx 3 years ago
B5 B6 B7 B9

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:34 pm

B-ill wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:58 pm

Sorry to read about your poor experience.

If it's any help, I do have a set of genuine delivery mileage Rotors for sale which will save a huge amount over buying new from Audi.

Link with pictures - viewtopic.php?f=64&t=124465
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

B-ill
1st Gear

Post by B-ill » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:05 pm

I thought i'd update on this as it's quite interesting and I wouldn't want anyone else getting caught out.

I have now been refunded on this car. Marshall Audi didn't even offer to put anything else right when I pointed out that they had really let the brand down by selling an approved car in such a way. I was offered a refund but at the same time verbally threatened that this wouldn't happen if i continued to troll them on the internet. My partner posted about our experience on Instagram, unfortunately for Marshall she has quite a reach on there and it caused around 50 comments slating Marshall / Audi. None of her words were factitious, and she was totally within her right to post about my experience.

In short Oxford Audi really didn't meet AUC standards and miss sold the car. Since taking owner ship the car has had the following issues either resolved or made worse!!

4 new tyres replaced - sold to me originally with Dunlops on with 2.1 / 2.4 mm tread, wheels were also damaged on fitting of these tyres!!
I told Audi there was a wheel judder at 70MPH which they deemed to be the tyres! That wheel judder still exists.

New windscreen - Damaged and heavily pitted which coincides with the over spray, it looked like lacquer on the windscreen to me.

Brake fluid change - this was over due and not done prior to my purchase

MOT - wasn't done prior to purchase

Drivers rear DRC shock replaced.

Airbag light has flashed up a few times and there is a slight perforation on the airbag that has appeared next to the silver circumference ring.

I discovered over spray underneath window trims when I had the chrome trims vinyl wrapped, the car has been painted down one side, i'm 99% sure of it. There is a hidden story to this car which I believe they tried to cover up. I was originally told that the previous owner painted the engine cover white hence the over spray, this doesn't add up when look under the bonnet.

Basically avoid Oxford Audi, they will either damage your car, order the wrongs parts, lie to you or call you back in 2021.

The car is a 2015 Suzuka grey RS4. OV15BXB it now has 27k on it. It will probably end up at auction. On face value the car looks and drives great, but its hiding something. I believe its been around a track or two during it's early life being registered at Paragon Bicester.

I'm now in the market for an honest B8 RS4 or possible early facelift C7 RS6.... I would love to buy a loved example from a forum member.

Billy

GrahamS4
Top Gear

Post by GrahamS4 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:15 pm

B-ill wrote:I thought i'd update on this as it's quite interesting and I wouldn't want anyone else getting caught out.

I have now been refunded on this car. Marshall Audi didn't even offer to put anything else right when I pointed out that they had really let the brand down by selling an approved car in such a way. I was offered a refund but at the same time verbally threatened that this wouldn't happen if i continued to troll them on the internet. My partner posted about our experience on Instagram, unfortunately for Marshall she has quite a reach on there and it caused around 50 comments slating Marshall / Audi. None of her words were factitious, and she was totally within her right to post about my experience.

In short Oxford Audi really didn't meet AUC standards and miss sold the car. Since taking owner ship the car has had the following issues either resolved or made worse!!

4 new tyres replaced - sold to me originally with Dunlops on with 2.1 / 2.4 mm tread, wheels were also damaged on fitting of these tyres!!
I told Audi there was a wheel judder at 70MPH which they deemed to be the tyres! That wheel judder still exists.

New windscreen - Damaged and heavily pitted which coincides with the over spray, it looked like lacquer on the windscreen to me.

Brake fluid change - this was over due and not done prior to my purchase

MOT - wasn't done prior to purchase

Drivers rear DRC shock replaced.

Airbag light has flashed up a few times and there is a slight perforation on the airbag that has appeared next to the silver circumference ring.

I discovered over spray underneath window trims when I had the chrome trims vinyl wrapped, the car has been painted down one side, i'm 99% sure of it. There is a hidden story to this car which I believe they tried to cover up. I was originally told that the previous owner painted the engine cover white hence the over spray, this doesn't add up when look under the bonnet.

Basically avoid Oxford Audi, they will either damage your car, order the wrongs parts, lie to you or call you back in 2021.

The car is a 2015 Suzuka grey RS4. OV15BXB it now has 27k on it. It will probably end up at auction. On face value the car looks and drives great, but its hiding something. I believe its been around a track or two during it's early life being registered at Paragon Bicester.

I'm now in the market for an honest B8 RS4 or possible early facelift C7 RS6.... I would love to buy a loved example from a forum member.

Billy

I think registration at Paragon Bicester means a Audi UK or press car.
Present: 2010 Ice silver B8 S4 s-tronic saloon (standard)
Past: 1998 Agate grey B5 S4 saloon (MRC tuned)
Hers: 2011 Volcano red 8P A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 170 sport quattro

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”