Is this right? Or is that B/S I can smell??

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
Broken Record
Neutral

Re: Is this right? Or is that B/S I can smell??

Post by Broken Record » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:37 pm

I wondered who purchased all BL's old stock.... things are falling into place, probably wont be long before things are falling off the car. :shock:

djcliffsmiff
Neutral

Post by djcliffsmiff » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:01 pm

Broken Record wrote:I have a 2013 B8 RS4 which is currently in the workshop having a few warranty issues sorted as you do, wont bore you with the long list of stuff apart from one which I have never came across before.
While stationary with the engine running in park handbrake on etc, just blip the throttle to around 2 - 3k revs, while doing this does your drivers door card lights ie window controls and memory seat button lighting go out and then come back on 2 secs later, the MMI screen also goes off but not the passenger door?

Audi UK have said this is normal.... and its to preventing power spikes from revving the engine damaging the ECU, so my questions to you guys are... Why don't all the door card lights both sides go out, just drivers door card and MMi screen, my other Audi's have not done this, do any of your cars do this?

I would really appreciate any of you with similar aged cars to try this and tell me if it happens the same in your cars.

Thanks for any help in advance, Jay.
Wow that's funny. Does sound like a dealer line. Mine does not do that. If they have one on their forecourt you should ask them to show you on their car if it's so normal

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Broken Record
Neutral

Post by Broken Record » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:57 pm

djcliffsmiff wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:01 pm

Because Audi have issued a TPI the Dealers won't touch it and as Audi UK class it as normal behaviour there's nothing to fix :audibash:
If I had the time and money I would pay for auto electrician to pull the car apart and find the REAL problem, but I have little of either after buying and maintaining an RS4 :roll:
I'm Actually considering getting rid of it...... only for a newer one but not the B9 must be the V8

Graeme4130
Cruising

Post by Graeme4130 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:25 pm

djcliffsmiff wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:01 pm
Broken Record wrote:I have a 2013 B8 RS4 which is currently in the workshop having a few warranty issues sorted as you do, wont bore you with the long list of stuff apart from one which I have never came across before.
While stationary with the engine running in park handbrake on etc, just blip the throttle to around 2 - 3k revs, while doing this does your drivers door card lights ie window controls and memory seat button lighting go out and then come back on 2 secs later, the MMI screen also goes off but not the passenger door?

Audi UK have said this is normal.... and its to preventing power spikes from revving the engine damaging the ECU, so my questions to you guys are... Why don't all the door card lights both sides go out, just drivers door card and MMi screen, my other Audi's have not done this, do any of your cars do this?

I would really appreciate any of you with similar aged cars to try this and tell me if it happens the same in your cars.

Thanks for any help in advance, Jay.
Wow that's funny. Does sound like a dealer line. Mine does not do that. If they have one on their forecourt you should ask them to show you on their car if it's so normal

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Yeah, that's how I'd approach it. Get them to show you on another Rs4 that it's normal. There's plenty of them about now, so chances are they'll have a used one in stock, or at least a car in the workshop.
Mine doesn't do it, and i'd be quite p'd off if it did to be honest
-------------------------------------------------------
Gone - 11/06 B7 RS4 Avant - black/black (Daily drive & kids taxi)
Gone - 05/13 B8 RS4 Avant - Suzuka grey (Daily drive & kids taxi)
Gone - 01/14 B8 RS5 Coupe - Short term car
Gone - 09/14 B8 RS4 Avant - Misano Red/Ceramics (Daily drive & kids taxi)

Current - 04/18 B9 Rs4 Nardo Grey
ZX10R Race bike - 210bhp and a few skid marks on the seat ;)

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”