NAV Problem.....

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
Broken Record
Neutral

NAV Problem.....

Post by Broken Record » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:28 pm

As title would suggest guys, the Nav in my B8 seems to have got lost? for example today according to my Nav system I've mainly spent the day driving in the main shipping lane between East coast and Amsterdam :?
The car has also developed some other quirks this weekend which are slightly strange, hope they're not connected.....

1. Anybody got any ideas or ways of resetting the GPS? or whats causing the issue, its been fine until this weekend.
2. When stationary and blip the throttle all the lights in the drivers door card go out for a couple of seconds and then come back on :?
3. Blind spot orange LED's in drivers mirror, one has failed and the others are not at full brightness when in operation :(

Guess I will be booking it in for some investigation work :thumbsdown:

Thanks in advance for any sensible answers :lol:
And NO its not the sea water from the shipping lanes affecting the wiring loom.

noddy
2nd Gear

Re: NAV Problem.....

Post by noddy » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:42 pm

My brothers A4 b8 had a nav issue, and the antenna needed replacing. Not sure whether his lost signal or tried to send him on a nautical route?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broken Record
Neutral

Post by Broken Record » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:27 pm

Cheers for the reply Noddy, guess i will let the tech's sort it out, starting to think that Audi up cycled my Nav from an old fishing boat. :lol:

RIV
Cruising

Post by RIV » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:27 am

Same thing happened to mine, as above it’s your Ariel, will need it painted too

Broken Record
Neutral

Post by Broken Record » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:22 pm

Thanks Riv, spoke to Audi today and booked the car in, made me laugh a little as they want to charge me £12 per day for a courtesy car! sounds more like a hire car to me.
Is this now standard practice? Do they no longer have free courtesy cars for you to drive, while putting right a car still in warranty.....

RIV
Cruising

Post by RIV » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:00 pm

That’s a joke.. put your foot down on that one :thumbsdown:

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:20 pm

Agreed, you should not be charged for a courtesy car.

I know you can be charged to have a zero excess on the dealerships insurance policy. My dealer always waves that for me though and I guess the specifics are down to whoever the dealership insures with.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

Broken Record
Neutral

Post by Broken Record » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:27 pm

Cheers, guys I'm going to tell them to stick the hire/courtesy car up their chuff, and it will be quite clear on the customer survey just how disappointed I am with the <beep> service in the courtesy car department ...... never had this trouble with VW.

doodlebug
Cruising

Post by doodlebug » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:35 pm

The charge will be for insurance, not for the car itself. They should wave this on warranty work. I moaned at Audi UK about this, and whilst they spoke to the dealer and I didn’t pay, it’s down to the dealer as to how they manage this.

None of this crap at Porsche, of course....

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”