Help with DRC please

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
Urbanpixels
1st Gear

Re: Help with DRC please

Post by Urbanpixels » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:33 am

All good news.

My knocking is also gone, they changed the near side (straight arm) so everything is peachy at the moment

ARSEY4
5th Gear

Post by ARSEY4 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:03 am

Has anyone experienced knocking without DRC. My car is in at the moment for the exact same symptoms as the DRC knock (had it on my old RS5) but guess what, I don't have DRC!

johnnydog
3rd Gear

Post by johnnydog » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:35 am

dave81uk wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:59 pm
With thanks to johnnydog I can confirm my front shocks have just been done under warranty after the technical bulletin was waved under the service managers nose!

Result and car is like a dream now.
:thumbs: Good news!

I'm glad you got the right result. However what disappoints me is some dealers reluctance to acknowledge the issue without the relevant documentation produced to them in black and white.
I had an uphill struggle with mine. It went in 4 times to two different dealerships, and whilst the two dealers did acknowledge the knocking was there, 'It's a characteristic, sir' wasn't good enough. I accept at this point, the TPI wasn't released, and the uprated shocks weren't available and just replacing them with standard replacements wouldn't have rectified the problem. However, I only later found out about the TPI after its release following a brief conversation with a technician, not the service reception staff. I then questioned the recent bulletin release with service staff regarding the DRC knocking, at which point they found it, admitting they had no previous knowledge of it, and fortunately the rest is history.
Hopefully, service reception staff / master techs etc should realistically by now all be acquainted with the bulletin (its nearly 12 months old), but oddly, there still seems to be some reluctance to acknowledge and rectify the issue.....

Christurbo
1st Gear

Post by Christurbo » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:14 am

So my issue is ongoing. My RS has been in there 3 times with various things done such as recharging the system, and they still confirm that there is a problem. So they called me to say Audi want it in again to do them same things!!! I said no way so they agreed to book it in until it is resolved (which they said would be new shocks)... Grrrrr

Christurbo
1st Gear

Post by Christurbo » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:50 pm

So latest update and almost a month on. The front suspension has been replaced and the RS has completely changed for the better. Not only have the knocks disappeared but the front end feels a lot more controlled and turn in is a lot quicker in dynamic mode.

Rich1782
Neutral

Post by Rich1782 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:14 pm

Chris, what did they actually replace? I had my shocks done last year and it changed the car completely and was great, but the car still has a clunk from front right, occasionally in shallow potholes but almost always replicable by parking on drive with lots of lock on climbing a shallow kerb ridge. Audi checked the shocks and they aren't leaking, so just wondering if it's a component unrelated to DRC. Ta

RS4B8LYF
3rd Gear

Post by RS4B8LYF » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:52 pm

Christurbo wrote:So latest update and almost a month on. The front suspension has been replaced and the RS has completely changed for the better. Not only have the knocks disappeared but the front end feels a lot more controlled and turn in is a lot quicker in dynamic mode.
Great news Chris, mines going in 5 weeks from now....front shocks leaking so full replacement and recharge on rears all under warranty!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:kissmyrings:

Christurbo
1st Gear

Post by Christurbo » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:57 pm

Nice one.

Rich - unsure. They said that there is a tech note about it and what to replace that was distributed to all dealers. Said both front suspension was swapped out. No clunks or knocks now and feels amazing.

RS4B8LYF
3rd Gear

Post by RS4B8LYF » Mon May 01, 2017 12:00 am

Rich1782 wrote:Chris, what did they actually replace? I had my shocks done last year and it changed the car completely and was great, but the car still has a clunk from front right, occasionally in shallow potholes but almost always replicable by parking on drive with lots of lock on climbing a shallow kerb ridge. Audi checked the shocks and they aren't leaking, so just wondering if it's a component unrelated to DRC. Ta
Rich I said there was knocking and that I'm part of a forum where it was reported a bulletin had been sent to Audi dealers that there was an issue....they didn't argue and are changing fronts and gassing rears

moonigan
1st Gear

Post by moonigan » Tue May 02, 2017 12:40 pm

Rich1782 wrote:....they didn't argue and are changing fronts and gassing rears

I was told the rears have to be recharged anyway if the fronts are replaced because the DRC system links diagonally corner to corner.

jjdsyd
Neutral

Post by jjdsyd » Thu May 04, 2017 2:37 am

Guys I have been a hearing a slight knock and feeling a slight bump when starting the car when cold. And today I got a suspension fault light on the dash. So, I am headed to the dealer. Now, I am under warranty and given I have the fault light, please tell me I am covered? I have a grand total of 15k KM on the car. But, at 14K I complained of a break squeal and they tried to charge me $4k for new rotors...

Any guidance appreciated.

RossDagley
Top Gear

Post by RossDagley » Thu May 04, 2017 6:31 am

You're all welcome :lol:
Believe only the man who has nothing to gain from what he says.

2017 BMW M4 Competition Pack - Mineral Grey - 530ps by bootmod3, JCWeldfab exhaust.
Previously:
Renault Megane R26 - Liquid Yellow - 275ps.
2015 Audi Exclusive RS4 B8 - Merlin Purple - JCWF Exhaust
2009 Audi RS6 C6 - Phantom Black - 730ps MRC Tuned
2008 Audi RS4 B7 - Phantom Black - 449ps MRC Tuned
2002 Peugeot 106 Gti - Mauritius blue - 430ps Home built.

RS4B8LYF
3rd Gear

Post by RS4B8LYF » Fri May 05, 2017 1:00 am

Mr spoonz wrote:This is what I'm thinking. I haven't got any noises. But I'm Thinking of saying there is!!!! So I get the 3rd time. Lucky shocks as my car is a 62plate b8.
She has had an easy life and everything feels tight and "plush" at moment. Just would be a kick in the ass if it went out of warranty or do a pre warranty end check and they say it's fine and 2 weeks after it goes.
Would hate to fight a dealer.
I don't have much faith in my local one as 2 sales persons were telling me the rs4 b8 wasnt a 4.2 v8 when I was asking for my search criteria when they were trying to find one to spec of my Choice in branch. So they probably thinking a shock absorber is something to do with electric equipment...... So u don't get a zap.

I certainly don't want test drives done in it. Can you request this doesn't happen ? I don't trust my misses to driving it let alone a apprentice who drove to work in his saxo.
A shock absorber is a chair they sit you in before you get given the bill isn't it?

Crapsurfer
Neutral

Post by Crapsurfer » Wed May 17, 2017 1:59 pm

Had the RS back last week from its second visit to review the knocking coming from the front o/s. Techy present on the drive heard it on a mix of road conditions and the response given that the knock very evident on the down slope of spped cushions and minor bumps in road is a characteristic of the car or it might be your bump stops?!
Thet have checked pressures, offending corner was lower that the rest but car returned with same issues.
Therefore not resolved. One very unhappy customer with a high end car that has characterisics of a fricken tractor. I just don't by it. Bump stops ffs!
Where to next. A different dealer?
I love the smell of napalm in the morning....

RS4 B8
VW T3 Bus V6
Porsche 996 C4S
Porsche 997 C4S
Audi A4 Avant
Audi Coupe
The rest I am ashamed of.

RS4B8LYF
3rd Gear

Post by RS4B8LYF » Wed May 17, 2017 9:16 pm

Crapsurfer wrote:Had the RS back last week from its second visit to review the knocking coming from the front o/s. Techy present on the drive heard it on a mix of road conditions and the response given that the knock very evident on the down slope of spped cushions and minor bumps in road is a characteristic of the car or it might be your bump stops?!
Thet have checked pressures, offending corner was lower that the rest but car returned with same issues.
Therefore not resolved. One very unhappy customer with a high end car that has characterisics of a fricken tractor. I just don't by it. Bump stops ffs!
Where to next. A different dealer?
They are just avoiding to do the work, maybe they've hit their warranty limit? Go to another dealer

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”