Help with DRC please

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
Christurbo
1st Gear

Re: Help with DRC please

Post by Christurbo » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:42 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:51 pm
Hopefully the outcome will be good for you, let us know how you get on. :thumbs:
Will do... fingers crossed!

bigbaz1974
1st Gear

Post by bigbaz1974 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:27 pm

I've got bad knocking from the front drivers side, going to audi Aberdeen this week will let you know how it goes

Urbanpixels
1st Gear

Post by Urbanpixels » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:05 pm

Well mine was replaced before i bought the car (less than 3 weeks and 400 miles ago) according to the dealership.

Im getting some cracking knocking on the car at the moment so it's going back in to them next week. 400miles on new shocks.. Something has to be wrong there?

They said they only did the fronts, it sounds where the knocking is coming from but i can't be sure but i can feel it through the peddles, seat and floor.

Crapsurfer
Neutral

Post by Crapsurfer » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:11 am

I have a MY14 B8 having covered 24k at purchase in October, now 7k later drivers side front something is knocking evident over rough roads. I cant get into Cardiff Audi for a check for another 4 weeks which takes me weeks away to the warranty expiry. How are you finding your local Audi network with availability for warranty work?
I love the smell of napalm in the morning....

RS4 B8
VW T3 Bus V6
Porsche 996 C4S
Porsche 997 C4S
Audi A4 Avant
Audi Coupe
The rest I am ashamed of.

johnnydog
3rd Gear

Post by johnnydog » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:40 pm

As long as they are notified of the defect prior to the date of the expiry of the 3 years warranty, then theoretically there shouldn't be an issue. I would say that it would be better if they diagnose the fault prior to then.
Another factor is servicing history; if it's all been at Audi, then they are more likely to be 'flexible' with the 3 years aspect. Whether you are a previous customer also may have some influence too - it's also about how they value your future custom. As I've said before, if you feel that you haven't achieved the result you want at one dealership, I would try another. You may be surprised how differently they deal with the same issues.

Christurbo
1st Gear

Post by Christurbo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:32 pm

I'm just going to pick mine up... apparently they have changed the DRC fluids, etc and are currently test driving it. I will report back.

Christurbo
1st Gear

Post by Christurbo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:30 pm

So following on from the post above. The system has been bled and fluids replaced and pressurised and the tech confirmed that the ride is better but knocking has not been resolved (I can also confirm that). So they have gone back to Audi HQ for next steps (I.e replacement). Further updates to follow.

moonigan
1st Gear

Post by moonigan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:19 pm

Just had both front shocks replaced under warranty due to knocking. When I went out on the test with the tech we couldn't replicate the fault because all the roads around the dealership are like billiard tables. However what swung it was I described exactly the symptoms that are listed on the Audi database. These are:

low speed over rough surface
Only in comfort mode
More noticeable when cold
Got worse over time

I also have a knocking coming from the rear which the tech heard when I took on some crappy roads near the dealership. The shock isn't leaking because it had been checked when they charged the system which is done diagonally front to rear. Now looking like I'll be getting one of the rears replaced as well which will mean re-charging the system again.

P

johnnydog
3rd Gear

Post by johnnydog » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:27 pm

christurbo -

I'm surprised that if the have confirmed the 'knocking' after repressurising etc, and a leak has been ruled out as a cause, they feel the need to get authorisation from Audi when it's plain for them to see on the TPI that the remedy is to replace the shocks with the uprated version.
Maybe they are a bit dismissive of the recommendations on the TPI and want confirmation from Audi in case they think their warranty claim if they go ahead won't be reimbursed....

Christurbo
1st Gear

Post by Christurbo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:55 am

johnnydog wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:27 pm
christurbo -

I'm surprised that if the have confirmed the 'knocking' after repressurising etc, and a leak has been ruled out as a cause, they feel the need to get authorisation from Audi when it's plain for them to see on the TPI that the remedy is to replace the shocks with the uprated version.
Maybe they are a bit dismissive of the recommendations on the TPI and want confirmation from Audi in case they think their warranty claim if they go ahead won't be reimbursed....
Yes - agree. I've been there twice now. They are calling me this week with an update. Frustrating.

moonigan
1st Gear

Post by moonigan » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:51 am

moonigan wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:19 pm
Just had both front shocks replaced under warranty due to knocking. When I went out on the test with the tech we couldn't replicate the fault because all the roads around the dealership are like billiard tables. However what swung it was I described exactly the symptoms that are listed on the Audi database. These are:

low speed over rough surface
Only in comfort mode
More noticeable when cold
Got worse over time

I also have a knocking coming from the rear which the tech heard when I took on some crappy roads near the dealership. The shock isn't leaking because it had been checked when they charged the system which is done diagonally front to rear. Now looking like I'll be getting one of the rears replaced as well which will mean re-charging the system again.

P
Car booked in. Both rear shocks are being replaced :jump_clap: so car will have had a complete suspension refresh. Happy with the way Warrington Audi have handled it once I got them to acknowledge there was a knocking on both front and rear.

P

Urbanpixels
1st Gear

Post by Urbanpixels » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:14 pm

Urbanpixels wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:05 pm
Well mine was replaced before i bought the car (less than 3 weeks and 400 miles ago) according to the dealership.

Im getting some cracking knocking on the car at the moment so it's going back in to them next week. 400miles on new shocks.. Something has to be wrong there?

They said they only did the fronts, it sounds where the knocking is coming from but i can't be sure but i can feel it through the peddles, seat and floor.
To update here, the dealership heard the knocking today and agreed it 100% should not be. They have diagnosed faulty suspension arms as the cause and are replacing.

bigbaz1974
1st Gear

Post by bigbaz1974 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:10 pm

Road tested my car with an audi mechanic today, the roads around the garage weren't to bad so the knocking wasn't very evident. They kept the car to check over and have since phoned saying they have looked at the car and there is a nothing wrong. The knocking is really bad on the front drivers side so think I will try a different dealer as to knock like it does isn't right. Does anyone know where I can view the tpi for this so I can get some more ammo to take back to them when I collect the car tommorow

johnnydog
3rd Gear

Post by johnnydog » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:45 am

bigbaz1974 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:10 pm
Road tested my car with an audi mechanic today, the roads around the garage weren't to bad so the knocking wasn't very evident. They kept the car to check over and have since phoned saying they have looked at the car and there is a nothing wrong. The knocking is really bad on the front drivers side so think I will try a different dealer as to knock like it does isn't right. Does anyone know where I can view the tpi for this so I can get some more ammo to take back to them when I collect the car tommorow

PM coming...

dave81uk
1st Gear

Post by dave81uk » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:59 pm

With thanks to johnnydog I can confirm my front shocks have just been done under warranty after the technical bulletin was waved under the service managers nose!

Result and car is like a dream now.

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”