Humming noise front passenger side

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
AFN380
Neutral

Re: Humming noise front passenger side

Post by AFN380 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:19 am

Hey know what you guys are saying. it is time to change. I need to find another dealer. I haven't had a chance to call Audi assistance out yet nor to try and get earlier date. I just have too much on right now and need my car. Family time taking priorities.

I might try on Wednesday to organised something.

Long term can anyone advise on a good dealer/service department in London or Essex?

Cheers
Sepang Blue RS4

PSB1
4th Gear

Post by PSB1 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:22 am

Jack Barclay get universal praise.
Current 2017 991.2 GT3 - Manual, 918 Buckets / CS pack, Guards, the dog's.
Gone 2016 991.1 GTS PTS Voodoo Blue - best car to date, 2015 911.1 GTS, Carmine, PDK, interior pack, stunning, 2016 Carmine Cayman GTS, PDK + toys, 2015 RS5 Cab, 2012 Discovery 4 family wagon, 2014 Golf R, 2015 Cayman GTS, 2014 RS4, Sepang with most of the toys, SQ5, S4, S5, A5, A6.

AFN380
Neutral

Post by AFN380 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:46 pm

Hi Guys, quick update. The car went it this evening to Audi. I went out with the master tech. We went for a long drive and he could hear the humming noise and feel a vibration. He did have the bonnet up for a bit while I was there and also made various notes while we were out. Was listening to all I had to say and very attentive.

They think the car is going to be in for a few days to diagnose the issue.

Also going to take a look at the DRC again. Even though pipe replaced there is still a knock. Plus a new issue when car is in dynamic and individual with exhaust values open there is some strange rattle noise coming from the back of the car.

Lastly squeaky breaks now! So let's see what happens over the next few days.

Will update you all as I get updates.

Cheers
Sepang Blue RS4

rspj
4th Gear

Post by rspj » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:54 pm

I think most people got the squeaky brakes I have just before yo stop
rs4 b8 Suzuka, grey 14

AFN380
Neutral

Post by AFN380 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:55 am

rspj wrote:I think most people got the squeaky brakes I have just before yo stop
Yeah am hearing that. The squeaks only really started about 7-8 days ago so may as well get it checked while it is in. :)
Sepang Blue RS4

AFN380
Neutral

Post by AFN380 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:04 am

Update:

Hi Guys, So got a call back yesterday from the dealership. Some positive and some negative.

Positive: All work under warranty

Had a rattle like a screw of something in the air duct below passenger seat. Seat out trim out and then found the screw.

Squeaky Breaks - They have order a part not sure what something to do with weights. Said this will sort the breaks out. Wait to speak with master tech to find out what exactly they are doing.

DRC - So I had the DRC pipe replaced when the car failed a few weeks back. Took it away knock came back. They have found a leaky shock. They have agreed to replace the front to Shocks! :biggrin3:

Negative:

The other big issue the humming noise. The car was in the workshop 3 days. They checked everything and then they put it up against another RS4. Side by side they have said this noise is a characteristic of the car and that the other one does it. :(
Not sure if I am willing to accept this and have told them that. I am now waiting for a call from the Master Tech. He heard it and noticed it and felt vibrations in the front wing. So there must be something. I am not sure what I can do but not going to do what the service guy said and was when the car is ready you can pick it up and discuss further.

So now have to have this call with Master tech and go from there. So making progress. Just not there yet.

Cheers
Sepang Blue RS4

AFN380
Neutral

Post by AFN380 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:19 pm

Hey guys, so the car back home now. Suspension is so much better. What a difference.

They made some modification to the breaks. There was a TPI for it. So parts were ordered and modification done. No squeaks.

The humming noise has gone down as a normal sound. They used an app and did a back to back comparison against 2 other RS4's. My car was the quieter of the 3.

So I guess it must be normal.

All in all she I back home and I am now finally going to try and enjoy the car. Next step to have my milltek fitted. A job for next weekend. :biggrin3:
Sepang Blue RS4

Brooner
Cruising

Post by Brooner » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:17 pm

Any Of The guys on here near you I'm sur3 the would be willing to do a back to back on the noise as mine does not h\ve any humming
Bit of a cop out the it's a character Of The car answer
2018 B9 RS4 Navarra Blue
2013 B8 RS4 Sepang Blue
2007 B7 RS4 Avant Sprint Blue
2001 B5 RS4 Nogaro Blue
1998 B5 S4 Avant Kingfisher Blue
1993 B4 S2 Avant laser Red

AFN380
Neutral

Post by AFN380 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:14 pm

Brooner wrote:Any Of The guys on here near you I'm sur3 the would be willing to do a back to back on the noise as mine does not h\ve any humming
Bit of a cop out the it's a character Of The car answer
I now what you are saying. It's such a strange sound. It goes away s soon as you pull away. Only there on idle. The fact they checked it against others and heard the same thing is what makes me think it might be normal.

I would certainly be interested to check out another members car to see if they have the same thing. Anyone local to me? PM me if you don't mine helping out. Cheers
Sepang Blue RS4

John@mk
2nd Gear

Post by John@mk » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:32 am

If I remember rightly my old RS4 had humming/buzzing from the passenger footwell which audi mk said was air con pipes rubbing or vibrating , fixed with plastic spacer which they said was a known issue.
RS6 Grey and Loud. :-)

B8 RS4 Daytona gone :-(

johnnydog
3rd Gear

Post by johnnydog » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:29 pm

I apologise for an old thread resurrection, but.....
I have noticied a humming noise coming from the area under the front passenger seat on tick over whilst stationary, which disappears with the smallest touch of the throttle. You can't hear it whlist driving - only on tick over when stationary. It isn't a resonating or vibration sound as if two components are contacting each other, it is a humming noise more like one you would associate with a fuel pump?
Any suggestions?

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”