Re: It's decided - the B8 is staying!

Post by PJC » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:16 pm

Worth signing up to this forum
http://www.macanownersclub.co.uk/forum/

lofty
3rd Gear

Re: It's decided - the B8 is staying!

Post by lofty » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:59 pm

I ŵas tempted to go for red/black interior as I went for red exterior, I bottled it and went for black. I do like Sapphire, but I also think the red interior will clash, its quite a bright red. Mine arrived at the dealers yesterday but I getting shot as the timing is all out now, I've had that many delivery dates I never knew if I was coming or going. Next time a buy a Porsche it will be from stock :)

kmpowell
5th Gear

Re: Now sold!

Post by kmpowell » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:24 pm

In the end I got cold feet on the Macan, mainly due to space compromises and the practicality it might not have.

After a few recent test drives, last week I did a deal on a very lightly used RRS Autobiography Dynamic, which I picked up yesterday. Sure it's quite a change to the RS, but it has mountains of torque and residually it's one of the best things on the market for retaining value. It'll fit our needs for a couple of years. Being Autobiography spec it has every toy imaginable, plus some nice options added such as TV, dual view screen, full sky panoramic contrast roof, and dynamic spec means it has all sorts of stabilization wizardry. On the 5hr drive home last night it proved itself to be more than capable across lots of scenarios. A quick pic when i picked it up yesterday...
RRS-2.jpg
There's been quite a resurgence for RS4's right now, with low millage examples commanding good money. I was bid £37-£40k for it, which I thought was good fora two year old car. Strangely, the dealer that bid the most money for my car was a Jaguar dealer! Who has just put it up for sale here (I have no affiliation to the dealer) http://www.farnelljaguar.com/used-car/1 ... ol-estate/

So there we have it, i'm actually quite relieved the palava is over, and I'm going to be wafting around in a cathedral on wheels for a bit. Thanks for all the help over the last 2 years, I'll be putting the roof box pictured in this thread, wingbars and a few other bits, in the classifieds in the coming days.

Thanks again :thumbs:
'15 B8 RS4 - SOLD

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”