Good-bye chaps - the B8 is now sold!

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
kmpowell
5th Gear

Re: It's decided - the B8 is staying!

Post by kmpowell » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:57 pm

Just got back from a very lengthy appointment at the Porsche dealer. It turns out I totally misjudged the rake impact in the boot iof the Macan, because the boot is 10cm longer than the SQ5. The only slight compromise would be a bit of legroom lost in the backseats. Apart form that it's the same.

To cut a long story short, I've put a build slot deposit down for a GTS, which would be delivered in Feb but I'd delay until March for the 17reg. I can take a short term extension out on the RS because Audi and Porsche all use VWFS. It can be cancelled 6-8weeks before delivery, so if things change between now & then I won't lose any money. But given the waits, and all 2016 builds lots now gone, I thought it best I get my name down. The RV's on the GTS are mega! On a £60k car, Porsche RV after 3 years is £37k. A £57k SQ5 RV is £27k.

The 'superman' spec I built, and will go for if I feel brave enough. If not then it will be the same but black outside...

http://www.porsche-code.com/PH559UL2

The only thing I'm not sure about is the Nav module. Given i'd go for carplay, the nav is totally redundant, but the Finance guy said a Macan without Nav would be valued at £4k less come trade-in time. Not sure if I smelt bull-<beep>, but surely that can't be true...
Last edited by kmpowell on Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'15 B8 RS4 - SOLD

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:24 pm

A friend has just recently sold his GTS and took a hit on it, wasn't helped by the fact that they increased the build allocation for this year by 500 units, over what was first said. If you're not too fussed on spec, then I'd imagine there will be better deals out there towards year end, after the cancelled orders start appearing.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

ARSEY4
5th Gear

Post by ARSEY4 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:16 pm

The 997 GTS has rock solid residuals. I would imagine the 991 GTS residuals will take quite some time to follow as they areso expensive to buy in the first place.
I was looking at 997 GTS about 2 years ago and you could get into a low mileage good spec car for 55k from an OPC, you'll be lucky to find the right spec car now for under 60k.

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:26 pm

RIV wrote:Doesn't matter how good it is, it's always going to be a skoda :shock: :piss:
You stole my words :)
ilya, photographer http://www.ikrylov.com

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

doodlebug
Cruising

Post by doodlebug » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:04 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:A friend has just recently sold his GTS and took a hit on it, wasn't helped by the fact that they increased the build allocation for this year by 500 units, over what was first said. If you're not too fussed on spec, then I'd imagine there will be better deals out there towards year end, after the cancelled orders start appearing.
Can't have had it long. Of course you'll lose a bit but nothing like you will on a Q5.

doodlebug
Cruising

It's decided - the B8 is staying!

Post by doodlebug » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:08 pm

kmpowell wrote:Just got back from a very lengthy appointment at the Porsche dealer. It turns out I totally misjudged the rake impact in the boot iof the Macan, because the boot is 10cm longer than the SQ5. The only slight compromise would be a bit of legroom lost in the backseats. Apart form that it's the same.

To cut a long story short, I've put a build slot deposit down for a GTS, which would be delivered in Feb but I'd delay until March for the 17reg. I can take a short term extension out on the RS because Audi and Porsche all use VWFS. It can be cancelled 6-8weeks before delivery, so if things change between now & then I won't lose any money. But given the waits, and all 2016 builds lots now gone, I thought it best I get my name down. The RV's on the GTS are mega! On a £60k car, Porsche RV after 3 years is £37k. A £57k SQ5 RV is £27k.

The 'superman' spec I built, and would go for if I felt brave enough. If not then it would be the same but black outside...

http://www.porsche-code.com/PH559UL2

The only thing I'm not sure about is the Nav module. Given i'd go for carplay, the nav is totally redundant, but the Finance guy said a Macan without Nav would be valued at £4k less come trade-in time. Not sure if I smelt bull-<beep>, but surely that can't be true...
Check that two tone interior before you press go. It is VERY red and personally think it will clash against the blue exterior.

If you want red I'd take it in Carmine red with the standard GTS interior. My OPC had one ready for delivery when I was in at the weekend. Just beware the alcantara, but this is expected on a GTS.

I don't think Nav is 4k difference but I do think it will impact resale. It's nicely integrated and I'd expect it.

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:59 pm

doodlebug wrote:
Surrey Sam wrote:A friend has just recently sold his GTS and took a hit on it, wasn't helped by the fact that they increased the build allocation for this year by 500 units, over what was first said. If you're not too fussed on spec, then I'd imagine there will be better deals out there towards year end, after the cancelled orders start appearing.
Can't have had it long. Of course you'll lose a bit but nothing like you will on a Q5.
Yes, it was his 2nd Macan and the GTS was delivered in April. Q5 is due a replacement, so certainly not a good time to buy just yet.

Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

PJC
Cruising

Post by PJC » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:24 pm

Who knows when's a good time, we've had ours on order since January. Allocations have increased but most who are worried about prices want theirs ASAP before Porsche tweek the prices and the increased VED in April.

doodlebug
Cruising

Post by doodlebug » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:41 pm

VED is a crapper, I'm hoping the TTS tips up before then.

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:52 pm

VED will always evolve, surprised they haven't started making it a 2 tiered system and tax NO2 yet. That'll hurt the DERV lovers and their cars residual value.

doodlebug
Cruising

Post by doodlebug » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:11 pm

Yep, derv's time but surely come soon.

kmpowell
5th Gear

Post by kmpowell » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:16 am

doodlebug wrote:Check that two tone interior before you press go. It is VERY red and personally think it will clash against the blue exterior.
Thanks, I've had red leathers before in various cars but I'll defo seek one out to see it in the flesh before committing. I'm hoping it's the same level of red as Coral Red BMW leather? If so then I think it will contrast with the Sapphire. When I specced it with the dealer he said he'd never seen one before, but when I showed him a pic of a 'Superman' BMW he said he could see why I liked it, and even though his job is to advise agaisnt risky combos (to protect residuals and brand, just like Mini dealers do) he said he'd have no problem in letting me do it.
doodlebug wrote:If you want red I'd take it in Carmine red with the standard GTS interior.
My B8 is Misano, so I'll be looking for a change of exterior colour. The Macan palette is quite boring, so i'll either stick with cheapskate Black, or Sapphire. Full leather is a must, 2 kids means Alcantara is a non-starter with their mess/dirt/food!
doodlebug wrote:I don't think Nav is 4k difference but I do think it will impact resale. It's nicely integrated and I'd expect it.
That's my quandry. I've set a £60k max budget, so if I spend £1500 extra on Nav, then something will have to go. I'd much rather spend that money on PASM. It's a bit of a crystal ball question really, but in 2/3 years time will Carplay/Android be the thing that's used more than integrated Nav, I know I will be using it all the time. The unit itself is the same with and without nav, so all that's different is the blank button.

Choices choices.
'15 B8 RS4 - SOLD

doodlebug
Cruising

Post by doodlebug » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:30 am

I reckon you'd be better speccing an S. A blue GTS with red/black interior is going to be marmite.

kmpowell
5th Gear

Post by kmpowell » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:41 am

doodlebug wrote:I reckon you'd be better speccing an S.
Speccing an S to where I want/need to be, takes it so close to GTS money that it makes no sense. Same with the Turbo, if I spec a Turbo to where I want to be it's £10k more than the GTS.

So it's a GTS or nothing. :)
'15 B8 RS4 - SOLD

PJC
Cruising

Post by PJC » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:20 pm

The red interior is nothing like the Bmw "red"

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”