Re: OEM Sports Exhaust vs Milltek Non-Resonated

Post by HYFR » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:34 am

They are making 250
Maybe the UK is only getting 40

carsarecool
4th Gear

Re: OEM Sports Exhaust vs Milltek Non-Resonated**Updated**

Post by carsarecool » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:40 pm

I've updated the Milltek Video on the link above - there are an extra couple of minutes at the end to listen to/watch.
Last edited by carsarecool on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

smudge
4th Gear

Post by smudge » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:47 pm

carsarecool wrote:updated Milltek Video - extra couple of minutes at the end.
:?:
It's all torque talk.

carsarecool
4th Gear

OEM Sports Exhaust vs Milltek Non-Resonated**Updated**

Post by carsarecool » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:47 pm

??

smudge
4th Gear

Post by smudge » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:42 pm

:?: :!: :?:
It's all torque talk.

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:25 pm

Link from page one. :thumbs:

Superb vid, glorious soundtrack!
B5 B6 B7 B9

smudge
4th Gear

Post by smudge » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:31 pm

Really??? Gosh, never!

I was being flippant Ian, like I am here!

:roll:
It's all torque talk.

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:37 pm

Just trying to be helpful for anyone who missed the link!! :biggrin3:
B5 B6 B7 B9

carsarecool
4th Gear

Post by carsarecool » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:29 pm

Ian_C wrote:Just trying to be helpful for anyone who missed the link!! :biggrin3:
The question mark did fox me.......

Revolution
Trader (Expired)

Post by Revolution » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:53 pm

Missed this thread but here's my experience of res and non res Milltek

Non-Res full system inc downpipes (non EU approved)
It does have a drone (resonance) between 2900-3700rpm in top and that speed is around 30-100 mph, so (German) roads permitting you end up driving it S mode or manual 6th rather than 7th gear...So if you're doing a lot of motorway driving I wouldn't go for this option.

But around town and larking about it sounds amazing..!

Res full systems inc downpipes (EU approved)
We've switched our demo over to a res centre section and the resonance has just about gone....but its a bit too quiet on the motorway now.
But if you pull lever into S mode around town it still has an excellent sound, so that's the one we would recommend.

However speaking to their technical dept. to see if we can develop a non downpipe system in non res.
This should give you a less droning system but with the bark you desire being more aggressive on the non S mode.

Hope that helps shed a little light on the question.

big glenn
http://www.revolution247.com

2016 RS3
2018 VW Tiguan
2010 Smart fourtwo

Sold but never forgotten:
2014 RS4 Sepang Blue
2015 VW Golf-R
1995 Subaru Impreza Series McRae
2012 RS3 Sepang Blue
RS4 B7 Avant Daytona
2002 Renault Avantime V6
2006 2-door Impreza STi
2009 TT TDi Quattro
10 Subaru's inc 22B type UK
Renault Clio V6 MK2
Civic Type-R's Mk1, 2 and 3
Renault Spider, Lotus Exige MK1
Renault Clio 197, Renault Clio Williams MK1
205 GTi 1.6 & 1.9 Gutmann

matthew.lewis2
3rd Gear

Post by matthew.lewis2 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:41 am

Revolution wrote: Non-Res full system inc downpipes (non EU approved)

Morning Glenn, I'm still mulling over the possibility of an exhaust change. If you have a few minutes I'd appreciate your thoughts on my questions.

Was the non-res system you refer to the SSXAU337 or SSXAU338 ?

I assume the resonated system was the SSXAU336, when the valves are open is it any 'fruitier' than the Audi Sports Exhaust? (The last thing I would want to do is to order the SSXAU336 only for it to be very similar to the Audi Sports Exhaust)

Have you tried combining the non-res down pipes from the SSXAU338 kit with a resonated centre section from the SSXAU336 kit?

I'm searching for the holy grail of...

1. Unobtrusive when valves are closed (I need to appear professional and not a 'boy racer' when hosting clients I.e. no louder than the Audi sports exhaust system when valves are open)
2. No drone/resonance at all
3. Noticeable improvement when valves are open.
UAE CARS
2009 Toyota Landcruiser - White -4.7 V8 VXR (SOLD)
2014 Mercedes ML500 - 4.7 V8 Twin Turbo (SOLD)
2008 Audi RS4 - Sprint Blue (SOLD)
2002 Range Rover 4.6 V8 HSE (SOLD)
2007 Golf R32 - Black (SOLD)
2005 Lincoln Navigator - White (SOLD)

UK Cars
2015 Landrover Defender 110 Heritage (SOLD)
2014 Audi RS4 - Sepang Blue (STOLEN)
2003 EP3 Civic Type R - K-Pro Remapped (SOLD)
2004 Golf GT TDi 140 - Superchipped to 189bhp (SOLD)
2003 Audi A2 1.4 Tdi

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:14 pm

matthew.lewis2 wrote:
Revolution wrote: Non-Res full system inc downpipes (non EU approved)

Morning Glenn, I'm still mulling over the possibility of an exhaust change. If you have a few minutes I'd appreciate your thoughts on my questions.

Was the non-res system you refer to the SSXAU337 or SSXAU338 ?

I assume the resonated system was the SSXAU336, when the valves are open is it any 'fruitier' than the Audi Sports Exhaust? (The last thing I would want to do is to order the SSXAU336 only for it to be very similar to the Audi Sports Exhaust)

Have you tried combining the non-res down pipes from the SSXAU338 kit with a resonated centre section from the SSXAU336 kit?

I'm searching for the holy grail of...

1. Unobtrusive when valves are closed (I need to appear professional and not a 'boy racer' when hosting clients I.e. no louder than the Audi sports exhaust system when valves are open)
2. No drone/resonance at all
3. Noticeable improvement when valves are open.
Hey up all.

Hope everyone is having a great Christmas.

I'm hoping I can re-ignite this thread. Albeit temporarily.

First off, the OP's video on YouTube was what made me buy the Milly Non Res haha. It's an animal. But oh my days, the drone is real. Valves closed, it's absolutely perfect. It adds a grumble and aggression at low revs and just pottering about. Drone is there from 1800-3500 in 7th on motorway. 45-80mph for me. But it is minimal to be fair.

Valves open, however, is unworkable. 'Unless' you're absolutely going for it on a proper drive...then it's great. But pulling away and until you get over 2000rpm, it's so boomy.

But the biggest issue I'm having is the sheer difference from valves closed to valves open. Ie. when you're driving and either a) boot it and revs climb above 3800rpm or b) get to speeds where the valves open, then close again, then open again and so on...

I used to enjoy manually downshifting coming up to roundabouts or junctions etc and even in town sometimes. But doing this with the Non Res is just too much.

So, very much like the last post in this thread, I'm looking for some middle ground and hoping people have some constructive experience/input.

I'm looking to fit the Center silencer assembly in coming weeks. I LOVE valves closed on the Non Res system. Love it. It's added so much to the driving experience and you feel like you're driving something special without tearing the nuts off of it. Will I lose this by fitting the Center silencer? @Revolution hinted at what appears to be just switching driving style around and pretty much going back to how I drove with the stock factory Sports Exhaust.

That would be valved open everywhere except the motorway. I'd be happy with that if I could keep the Non Res valves closed sound at lower speeds/pottering about.

Rev also suggested sports cat or Non Res downpipes to add some more power/sound too. I'd consider that with a resonated centre assembly. Fingers crossed this gets some interest haha.

Cheers guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:15 pm

I've said it to a few people now that unless you want an ASBO exhaust, the Non Res is too much. Revolutions suggestion would seem about right, get the resonated centre section and you'll then go back to using the exhaust valve system the way it should be. Which is to open it up, rather than throttle back something that is too much.

I can't comment on deleting the downpipe resonators but it's currently on my own radar. I quite like the idea of the JHM ones but Miltek is far cheaper, Supersprint also have some. Sport Cats would be an engine drop situation, as they're tucked up right into the exhaust manifold. So I think the advice there from Revolution was a bit off and they perhaps were thinking more for a B7 RS4 rather than B8.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:26 pm

Has anyone tried doing the resonator delete? Worked perfectly on my B7, i.e. was a noticeable improvement of sound and levels but no drone. And so cheap.

Thundercliffe81
3rd Gear

Post by Thundercliffe81 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:35 pm

MikeFish wrote:Has anyone tried doing the resonator delete? Worked perfectly on my B7, i.e. was a noticeable improvement of sound and levels but no drone. And so cheap.
I think, for sound alone, this could have been the best option. I've seen how good it was on my mates C63 PP. Zero drone. Balls to the wall sound but still sounds organic.

I like the minor weight saving, power boost (it's noticeably faster now, especially pulling away) and just the fitment. The stock system is wedged in there haha. It looked rough when it came out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”