Anyone had the S8 driving experience at Millbrook

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 335bhp
4.2 V8 40v Naturally Aspirated - 355bhp
johneroberts
Cruising

Anyone had the S8 driving experience at Millbrook

Post by johneroberts » Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:11 pm

Couldnt stop larffin, god that was good driver, 5 grown men with helmets on, in absolute hysterics [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Highly reccommended [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Cheers
jr
Driving is believing
RS246 Founder

boff
5th Gear

Re: Anyone had the S8 driving experience at Millbrook

Post by boff » Wed May 07, 2003 11:20 am

Audi took me out in one at millbrook - wowzers!!

I have one at the moment as a courtesy car whilst mine is in on extended repairs......

it's true [img]images/graemlins/3flypigs.gif[/img]

roundabouts = [img]images/graemlins/jump.gif[/img]

engine = [img]images/graemlins/biggrin3.gif[/img]

girlfriend & Mates = [img]images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img]
Zero Drama

runrowsam
2nd Gear

Post by runrowsam » Wed May 07, 2003 5:21 pm

Our local Audi dealer's had a lot of trade of the old man, what with a company 4.2 A8 and now the RS4, and the old boy can charm the ass off an ass, so they love us. Whenever the RS4 goes in for a service they do whatever they can to give us the S8. The valet guy loves the RS4 too, so he always cleans it perfectly for us, and the S8 when we have it. It's beautiful, brilliant black with the tan leather (of course), all the goodies, and that engine. It's pretty quick for only 360hp in such a big car though, feels just like the RS4, just bigger, and growlier. We had an old Rover SD1, a proper Vitesse job, all the bits on it as well, and that was fantastic. Had it from new and it was unreliable from day one, but when it worked, by christ was it good. Nothing's made my old man hark back to those days like that S8 did. It almost brought a tear to his eye when he nailed the throttle up a hill. It's probably got the biggest soul of any Audi I know.

Rock on
Sam [img]images/graemlins/thumbs.gif[/img]
If you can drive it, I can crash it

Riz_RS4
Cruising

Post by Riz_RS4 » Wed May 07, 2003 10:11 pm

I see alot of S8`s growling up and down the motorways....... i suppose thats where they are best.... straight fast roads! [img]images/graemlins/thumbs.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/tung2.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/jump.gif[/img] and yes it is a very big beast! [img]images/graemlins/tung2.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
Image I`m just a hardcore petrol head :)

s2driver
3rd Gear

Post by s2driver » Wed May 07, 2003 11:34 pm

We had one a few years ago in Germany. The car belonged to one the directors at Audi in Ingolstadt. This car is definately an Autobahn-stormer. Loved those electric blinds in the back too. Even the rear passenger ashtrays ooze class.

A beast that is begging for some modifications! Shame there aren't more people out there modifying them over here. Some of the german guys have done really great conversions. They have naff residuals so are very good value second hand also.

Lee
1995 S2 Avant with a few mods

Return to “S8 (D2 Typ 4D) 1992-2002”