BUYERS BEWARE OY11 HVM. GEARBOX/DIFF PROBLEM

2.5 I5 20v TFSI - 335 bhp
uncapeez
Neutral

Re: 11000 miles and new diff needed!!

Post by uncapeez » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:05 pm

Well it's 11 weeks today since my car went in to Slough Audi for warranty repairs. After Audi uk authorising the repairs so far, ( rear diff?? Osf wheel bearing, osf driveshaft, new steering rack, geometry...) the car and resolution has come to a standstill. Audi uk since looking at the car themselves have decided to pull the plug on any further repairs and voiding the warranty as the car has been modified, the mods being it has been Chipped/flashed and a miltek fitted. Luckily for me (I think) these were done prior to me buying the car from Slough Audi.
Herein lies the dilemma ....
As Audi uk want to wipe their hands of the car Slough Audi want to buy it back from me, solves Slough Audis problem with the signing of a cheque and leaves me stranded..... I would then need to find a replacement, getting harder for decent mile cars and the same or similar spec I had. To add to this I would need to swop my reg over and get a new car taxed again. They don't seem to want to help anymore and are looking now to cut their losses with the strike of a pen. About three weeks ago they had a "similar car in one of their dealership" which was no good to me as was over twice the miles and not even close to the spec of mine. Again they offer a cheque which I refused. My car is not for sale until a happy medium has been found. I have since found what I see to be a compromise for myself and Slough Audi but now they seem to be dragging their feet to get to a resolve. I have found them another car in the Audi dealership similar value etc but again they don't appear keen to do the deal with the car again...... All wearing thin now.......... :audibash:
1982 1.9 coupe GT5c Blue/blue
1986 2.0 coupe tornado Red
100CD Avant 1986
S2 Avant 1993
Misano Red Rs6 Avant, Cat back Miltek system, Revo Re-map, Bilstein Coilovers,
Misano Red Rs3, miltek system.

Dave_Hedgehog
5th Gear

Post by Dave_Hedgehog » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:28 am

i dont think they would have a leg to stand on over the exhaust under EU rules unless it removed some sensors

the ECU chip probably gives them ground to void the warranty but i thought under EU law rulings they had to prove it was a direct cause of the fault, but if so you may still have to go to court which is not good

what i do not get is why they did not check this first, they did on my car before doing the gearbox repair

to me it sounds like they have decided its to much hassle / money to fix and are using it as an excuse to get rid of you so they can unload it on someone else who probably will not notice
The Hedgehog, creator of RS4.org, back in of the RS fold yet again, third time lucky :)

klauster
Top Gear

Post by klauster » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:12 am

I dont get what the problem is, get your money back and go buy another one? surely they are giving your money back in total which means you should have change in your pocket after sourcing another car?
RS3 8P 2013 Phantom Black with Ally Pack and Black Optics Grille | LED Interior and number plate lights - GONE :(
RS4 B7 2006 Phantom Black with Titan alloys and mirrors - GONE :(

uncapeez
Neutral

Post by uncapeez » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:21 pm

Dave Hedgehog, I think you have hit the nail on the head....Audi uk are saying to Slough Audi...your f@@ckup you fix the problem...we've already spent in excess of £5000 on parts alone and the problem hasn't gone away. Slough are saying take the money....I am saying, and this answers your post Klauster..I am and would be car less, and very unlikely at the moment to find the car that I wanted, bought with the same mileage or similar and spec. Why should I go out and buy a car I don't/ didn't want. Had a big row with Sloughs business manager this afternoon as he is not willing to bend. I am now in talks with Audi Uk, and tomorrow if I don't get any satisfactory results I will go legal. I bought a car , in good faith, from an Approved Dealer, checked and sold to standards that are now useless! Why is this now my problem ??
1982 1.9 coupe GT5c Blue/blue
1986 2.0 coupe tornado Red
100CD Avant 1986
S2 Avant 1993
Misano Red Rs6 Avant, Cat back Miltek system, Revo Re-map, Bilstein Coilovers,
Misano Red Rs3, miltek system.

doodlebug
Cruising

11000 miles and new diff needed!!

Post by doodlebug » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:35 pm

Going legal on what basis?

Slough have offered to put you back in the position you would have been vis a vis full refund. You really need to think about what it is you are expecting to get out of a legal wrangle - which will be long and expensive.

Take the money, walk away. There's really no claim to be had.

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:48 pm

Take the refund you fool !

Its a fancy A3 FFS. Go and buy an R8 with your winnings

Dave_Hedgehog
5th Gear

Post by Dave_Hedgehog » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:52 am

HYFR wrote:Take the refund you fool !

the only R8 you would get for RS3 money is the white one with a carbon wrap roof that's been smashed up and repaired badly

my kids found it very chilly in the back of the R8 but at least the spyder has vents to fix the ISO seats too
The Hedgehog, creator of RS4.org, back in of the RS fold yet again, third time lucky :)

Dave_Hedgehog
5th Gear

Post by Dave_Hedgehog » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:54 am

[quote="doodlebug"]Going legal on what basis?
/quote]

difficult one, he actually wants the car and wants it fixed properly

not sure what rights you have to demand its fixed properly thou

I guess i was lucky getting a new production for a new one when my first one went bang

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:03 pm

Dave_Hedgehog wrote:
HYFR wrote:Take the refund you fool !

the only R8 you would get for RS3 money is the white one with a carbon wrap roof that's been smashed up and repaired badly

my kids found it very chilly in the back of the R8 but at least the spyder has vents to fix the ISO seats too
I know, was only kidding.

But the point is, if you get a full refund, you had depreciation free motoring for however long.

Other cars have depreciated and so suddenly you have buy a better car with the same money.

The RS 3 is nothing special, in fact the opposite, plenty better cars out there.

doodlebug
Cruising

Post by doodlebug » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:09 pm

Dave_Hedgehog wrote:
doodlebug wrote:Going legal on what basis?
/quote]

difficult one, he actually wants the car and wants it fixed properly

not sure what rights you have to demand its fixed properly thou

I guess i was lucky getting a new production for a new one when my first one went bang
Dealer has to be reasonable, that's what a magistrate would look for. They've offered a full refund, not even taking depreciation into account as DK says. Therefore the dealer has been more than reasonable, no case.

You got a new one due to proximity of original delivery and having full warranty cover.

Dave_Hedgehog
5th Gear

Post by Dave_Hedgehog » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:20 pm

HYFR wrote:
The RS 3 is nothing special, in fact the opposite, plenty better cars out there.
that's a very personal opinion, the A45 AMG was like driving a 1.0 civic compared to my RS3, it was as boring as fook, audi's V8 (RS4/R8) is like totally gutless below 4k and useless for real world driving imo

a V10+ would be nice as a weekend toy thou, if i ever get a spare 130k :audibash:

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:22 pm

I'd say a new S4 or S5 3.0V6 Supercharged is a much better car all round than an RS 3

doodlebug
Cruising

Post by doodlebug » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:22 pm

Dave_Hedgehog wrote:
HYFR wrote:
that's a very personal opinion, the A45 AMG was like driving a 1.0 civic compared to my RS3, it was as boring as fook, audi's V8 (RS4/R8) is like totally gutless below 4k and useless for real world driving imo

a V10+ would be nice as a weekend toy thou
It is personal, but I look back on RS3 as a mistake. RS4 is streets ahead all over. Yes it needs some revs to really shift, but then that glorious noise appears, so hardly bad. It's certainly happy pootling along the motorway in top gear.

Dave_Hedgehog
5th Gear

Post by Dave_Hedgehog » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:52 pm

doodlebug wrote:
It is personal, but I look back on RS3 as a mistake. RS4 is streets ahead all over. Yes it needs some revs to really shift, but then that glorious noise appears, so hardly bad. It's certainly happy pootling along the motorway in top gear.
i wouldn't swap my RS3 for a free brand new RS4, but then i spend 90% of my time driving in the 1-3k rev range and the RS3 pulls like a truck low down, my only regret is not binning the truly terrible conti tyres the day i picked it up for MPSS's,

the RS4 V8 does sound brilliant on full chat but you cant really hear it in the car that well, the dynamic steering is horrible and the dynamic suspension somehow manages to totally disengage the driver from the car making it feel like a playstation game and at the same time smash every bone in your body in what is the worst riding car i have ever been in
Last edited by Dave_Hedgehog on Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dave_Hedgehog
5th Gear

Post by Dave_Hedgehog » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:53 pm

HYFR wrote:I'd say a new S4 or S5 3.0V6 Supercharged is a much better car all round than an RS 3
boring cars set up for old men, stonking engine thou

Return to “RS3 (8PA) 2011-2012”