BUYERS BEWARE OY11 HVM. GEARBOX/DIFF PROBLEM

2.5 I5 20v TFSI - 335 bhp
adsgreen
Cruising

Re: 11000 miles and new diff needed!!

Post by adsgreen » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:03 pm

Dave_Hedgehog wrote:
doodlebug wrote:Going legal on what basis?
/quote]

difficult one, he actually wants the car and wants it fixed properly

not sure what rights you have to demand its fixed properly thou

I guess i was lucky getting a new production for a new one when my first one went bang
None. You can not demand it be fixed. They are offering to put you back in the position prior to the sale. Now you could argue loss here and loss there and they will simply counter with depreciation.

Take the money. You wont ever get "damages" in a case like this so the absolute best outcome you'd ever expect is the purchase price + costs.
They have done everything that can be considered reasonable - tried to fix it, can't fix it, offer full refund. I can imagine the courts having a rather dim view of the claimant in this scenario.

adsgreen
Cruising

Post by adsgreen » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:05 pm

doodlebug wrote:
Dave_Hedgehog wrote:
doodlebug wrote:Going legal on what basis?
/quote]

difficult one, he actually wants the car and wants it fixed properly

not sure what rights you have to demand its fixed properly thou

I guess i was lucky getting a new production for a new one when my first one went bang
Dealer has to be reasonable, that's what a magistrate would look for. They've offered a full refund, not even taking depreciation into account as DK says. Therefore the dealer has been more than reasonable, no case.

You got a new one due to proximity of original delivery and having full warranty cover.
+1

Buying a new car is completely different than buying secondhand.

Dave_Hedgehog
5th Gear

Post by Dave_Hedgehog » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:11 pm

adsgreen wrote: +1

Buying a new car is completely different than buying secondhand.
but my car was a second hand dealer demo, i have had nothing but superb customer support from audi and my dealers on both cars

i can totally understand wanting to keep the car as well, its a rough diamond but if its a car you bond to they are bloody fantastic
The Hedgehog, creator of RS4.org, back in of the RS fold yet again, third time lucky :)

klauster
Top Gear

Post by klauster » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:33 pm

I just dont understand what the issue is, they are giving you a FULL refund. I appreciate there might not be the spec and mileage cars around the same as when you purchased yours but how can you complain about being given a full refund. Yes they made a mistake selling you a modded car, but you can't seriously expect a full refund plus £10k to say sorry?

Lots of RS3s around for less than what you paid, get the spec you want via retrofitting the extras... even buckets can be had for £3k...!
RS3 8P 2013 Phantom Black with Ally Pack and Black Optics Grille | LED Interior and number plate lights - GONE :(
RS4 B7 2006 Phantom Black with Titan alloys and mirrors - GONE :(

uncapeez
Neutral

Post by uncapeez » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:29 pm

Not sure Klauster where you got the £10k for compensation from?? All I was asking is why should I be left carless?? I found a car for them to replace it with and they done absolutely nothing about getting it. It would have been a compromise but a solution. Yes there are cars about, it has turned out to be my problem to find one. I'm not sure if you are understanding my dilemma. Maybe you work for Audi?? Spend 10 mins on the sites and see how many sub 12000 mile cars there are, then see how many red ones, then ones with spec worth having?? I'm not after compensation, I'm after assistance from Audi not a pocket full of cash. I had that!! :audibash:
1982 1.9 coupe GT5c Blue/blue
1986 2.0 coupe tornado Red
100CD Avant 1986
S2 Avant 1993
Misano Red Rs6 Avant, Cat back Miltek system, Revo Re-map, Bilstein Coilovers,
Misano Red Rs3, miltek system.

PetrolDave
Cruising

Post by PetrolDave » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:57 pm

uncapeez wrote:I'm not after compensation, I'm after assistance from Audi not a pocket full of cash. I had that!! :audibash:
I think the problem is that Audi can sell every car they can make, so they don't offer the sort of customer service that they used to, and which all customers of a premium brand have a right to expect.

IMHO Audi are chasing volume and losing the premium brand service that used to mark them as different from Ford, Vauxhall, etc.

So Audi, and their dealers, really don't care if you're unhappy - there will be plenty more customers come along for them to make a nice profit from. Sad but true...
Gone: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black)

lofty
3rd Gear

Post by lofty » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:46 pm

I'd take the refund, buy a shitter for a couple of grand (privately so you wont loose anything on it), and wait for another car to come along.The dealer wont do anything to help you if its going to cost them more than a straight forward refund, its obvious their number one priority is profit, not customer satisfaction, or they would have helped you out by now.

doodlebug
Cruising

Post by doodlebug » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:47 pm

...but equally they can't order you a like for like replacement. If the right car isn't in the network, then what can they do? If you've found a car, why not take the cash and go buy it?

Bacardi Jo
4th Gear

Post by Bacardi Jo » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:39 pm

doodlebug wrote:...but equally they can't order you a like for like replacement. If the right car isn't in the network, then what can they do? If you've found a car, why not take the cash and go buy it?
+1

uncapeez
Neutral

Post by uncapeez » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:55 pm

PetrolDave wrote:
uncapeez wrote:I'm not after compensation, I'm after assistance from Audi not a pocket full of cash. I had that!! :audibash:
I think the problem is that Audi can sell every car they can make, so they don't offer the sort of customer service that they used to, and which all customers of a premium brand have a right to expect.

IMHO Audi are chasing volume and losing the premium brand service that used to mark them as different from Ford, Vauxhall, etc.

So Audi, and their dealers, really don't care if you're unhappy - there will be plenty more customers come along for them to make a nice profit from. Sad but true...
I'm with you on that one Petrol Dave
100CD Avant 1986
S2 Avant 1993

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:57 pm

can you be a premium manufacturer AND a volume manufacturer ??

NO

klauster
Top Gear

Post by klauster » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:57 pm

doodlebug wrote:...but equally they can't order you a like for like replacement. If the right car isn't in the network, then what can they do? If you've found a car, why not take the cash and go buy it?
I suspect because its too expensive? More than the refund being offered?
RS3 8P 2013 Phantom Black with Ally Pack and Black Optics Grille | LED Interior and number plate lights - GONE :(
RS4 B7 2006 Phantom Black with Titan alloys and mirrors - GONE :(

uncapeez
Neutral

Post by uncapeez » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:58 pm

lofty wrote:I'd take the refund, buy a shitter for a couple of grand (privately so you wont loose anything on it), and wait for another car to come along.The dealer wont do anything to help you if its going to cost them more than a straight forward refund, its obvious their number one priority is profit, not customer satisfaction, or they would have helped you out by now.
My thoughts Exactly Lofty
100CD Avant 1986
S2 Avant 1993

uncapeez
Neutral

Post by uncapeez » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:02 pm

blackphantom wrote:
+1
Black phantom....the car they offered wasn't even similar, a week later the one I found that was acceptable they ignored the whole solution to the problem, left it without even acting on it and by the time I got on a high horse to gee them up the car had sold
100CD Avant 1986
S2 Avant 1993

uncapeez
Neutral

Post by uncapeez » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:03 pm

klauster wrote:
I suspect because its too expensive? More than the refund being offered?
Nope less than £400 retail difference... In dealership exchange or purchase wouldn't have been a problem
100CD Avant 1986
S2 Avant 1993

Return to “RS3 (8PA) 2011-2012”