RS3 Brake Recall

2.5 I5 20v TFSI - 335 bhp
PetrolDave
Cruising

Re: RS3 Brake Recall

Post by PetrolDave » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:16 am

Dave_Hedgehog wrote:It stops (I set the hazard lights off this morning, why would an RS have the hazards linked to the brakes?)
Because of EU namby pamby do-gooders and websites like this http://www.flashingbrakelights.co.uk/ :assflash:
Gone: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black)

45bvtc
Neutral

Post by 45bvtc » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:20 am

Dave_Hedgehog wrote:car has been fully tested, brakes are working as expected

problem is it has ruined the car for me, i would rather have the old squeaky but brilliant brakes back or just sell the car than use it as it is ...
I know of 2-guys now using the Brembo Sport pad (post the 47i6 brake upgrade Dave) and both say that these pads have restored braking to the car's original 'good' braking/feel. At £132 for a set it may be worth the cost for you?

Go see: http://www.autops.co.uk/product.asp?cat ... rder=&manu

45bvtc
Neutral

Post by 45bvtc » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:00 pm

My brakes are A1 perfect following Audi's 47i6 brake upgrade and religiously undertaking my own bedding-in procedure to Brembo recommendation (as posted elsewhere). :nogarors4:

:kissmyrings: Added 20th October: 750-miles in now and still A1 perfect... Slightly longer pedal travel, similar to the TTRS Plus I drove on Tuesday last, but with greatly reduced brake dust - and light-grey dust (easy to clean off, too) not black - maybe only 10% of the brake dust encountered with the original pads. I'm going to wait to clock-up 1000-miles on these 47i6 brake pads and then swap over to the (£132 inc/set) Brembo Sport pads and evaluate those. I'll then decide which to retain/use.

Oh, and the 4-Requill "tuned absorbers" remain on the bench, I will NOT drive my car with those "designed to reduce brake-squeal-noise" widgets on - as Audi UK well know!
:bigwave:
Last edited by 45bvtc on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Moschop5
3rd Gear

Post by Moschop5 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:15 pm

The brake fix is woefully poor, no feel and bags of brake dust, I think mine also may be warped... :audibash:

P_G
Cruising

Post by P_G » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:51 pm

There appears to be a mixed reception on the brake recall, partly I suspect to how certain dealers have bedded them in. No issues with mine and decent feel as well.

Dave_Hedgehog
5th Gear

Post by Dave_Hedgehog » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:49 pm

P_G wrote:There appears to be a mixed reception on the brake recall, partly I suspect to how certain dealers have bedded them in. No issues with mine and decent feel as well.
no idea, although i suspect how they are driven makes a difference, if your not using them 100% you probably would not notice the difference

mine where truly awful, wooden pedal, random biting point and would lock the wheels but be only retarding the car at half the pace the originals would

dealer told me they are the same compound as the original pads which i do not believe for one second, after 2 days on the originals the wheels where totally black, on this pads after 6 weeks there is only a light dusting of brake pad

they are being replaced so hopefully the new set will cure all and my baby will be back to its previous brilliance
The Hedgehog, creator of RS4.org, back in of the RS fold yet again, third time lucky :)

Dave_Hedgehog
5th Gear

Post by Dave_Hedgehog » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:40 am

original brakes 10/10

initial replacement brakes 2/10

redone replacement brakes 8.5/10 there pretty good, just do not stop quite as fast as the originals
The Hedgehog, creator of RS4.org, back in of the RS fold yet again, third time lucky :)

Return to “RS3 (8PA) 2011-2012”