MRC Tuning

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 444 bhp
Noyjatat
Top Gear

MRC Tuning

Post by Noyjatat » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:32 pm

Okay so its been to the guys a couple of times now for some bits. Had the carbon clean and the stage 2 remap done a little while back. At the same time had the cold start put on, their gearbox remap and a multi stage launch control.

Last week it went back for a once over to see how things were and to have a fuel problem looked at which the guys sorted for me. I also had the multi stage launch control removed and the car mapped to launch at 4,000 rpm as the top end (5200 rpm) that was also the standard was pretty harsh on the car and actually made it bog down each time when we went to Santa Pod. Gave the new set up a go on the way home and it worked great, had zero wheel spin and it got away nicely without a big thump through the car, there may be room to increase it more to find the sweet spot only time will tell.

Next month I will give it a run or two at GTI International to see where its at.

Also while there I had the front upper control arms replaced with adjustables. I had fitted lowering springs in the past and have noticed the abnormal tyre wear people often mention as you cannot get the set up right. The car feels much better now and there's a big difference in how planted it feels at the front end. Very happy with the results and I would recommend that if are going to lower the car get this done at the same time. If not check the inside edge of your tyres frequently as you will be down close to the chord before the tyres get to 2mm.

rs4george
2nd Gear

Re: MRC Tuning

Post by rs4george » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:36 pm

New front upper control arms
have you any pics as i had this problem with the tyres.
thanks.
B8 RS4 Avant in Ibis white. arrived 01/10/2013. (Going.)
RS4 Avant in Phantom Black-100 Cell cats, full Miltek. black tips and a remap. (Gone).

Ariel Atom 300.

Return to “RS5 (8T) 2010–2015”