Gone 8P A3 Sportback Reflex Silver
Gone 8V A3 Saloon Daytona Grey
Gone B7 A4 Reflex Silver
Gone B7 RS4 Daytona Grey Avant

Covkiller
Top Gear

Re: An RS5 build thread

Post by Covkiller » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:40 pm

Funny how you change your mind about cars, I never really liked the look of RS5's but I certainly do now.
This one looks superb !
:thumbs:
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

Noyjatat
Top Gear

Post by Noyjatat » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:25 am

Cheers buddy. I am a convert too. Still some things I am planning to change but getting there. Hopefully should be done by the summer.

skelts
Neutral

Post by skelts » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:32 pm

Great looking car. Do you mind PM'ing me how much AMD charged you to lower the car as they are only up the road from me, are they H&R springs? Also wheres the best place to get spacers?

Sorry new to the forum and new to Audi's :D
BMW M6 - Sold
Audi RS5 - Current Toy

Noyjatat
Top Gear

Post by Noyjatat » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:32 pm

Cheers buddy. I went with the H and R Sport springs. For some the gap may be to much but I don't get rubbing or bottom out on speed bumps. More importantly it still allows me enough clearance to park the front of the car over kerbs (maybe with a little rubbing now and again) but without damaging the front of the car on those occasions I have forgotten. At the moment I haven't got spacers on but will be sourcing some in the next month or two. I have different tyre wall profiles front to rear so need to change all four tyres before I measure up for the correct size. Already made the mistake once and bought some that wouldn't work so this time I will do it right. The front will definitely need a larger spacer than the rear to achieve an even look if thats what you are looking for.

Noyjatat
Top Gear

Post by Noyjatat » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:37 pm

So picked up the car today from MRC Tuning and very happy.

Had a good drive out in it after picking it up. Travelled to Hereford so got to get a feel for the car on the motorway, on country roads and around town. All in all it feels quicker. The best way I can put it is it feels more ballistic. It has more bite when putting on the power. In auto I floored it when stationary and as it shifted into second it gave me a flash of traction control as it put down the power (road was totally dry). Its never done that before.

The kickdown seems quicker when applying power in higher gears with a heavy right foot. Before as it double shifted down you could tell as each gear shifted, now they are so close together you sometimes don't notice and the car reacts quicker. The extra revs put the car in a better position as it shifts up each gear and the fractional moment of hesitation that you had before is gone.

The quiet start is great much different to the loud start I had previously.

Not tried the multi stage launch control yet or had somewhere to really stretch it out.

RIV
Cruising

Post by RIV » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:47 pm

Not tried the multi stage launch control yet or had somewhere to really stretch it out.
Multi stage launch control, tell me more

Noyjatat
Top Gear

Post by Noyjatat » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:06 am

Three stage based on pedal position with launch control, 3000, 4000 and the original 5200 rpm. I need to give it a go to find the bite points.

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:12 am

skelts wrote:Great looking car. Do you mind PM'ing me how much AMD charged you to lower the car as they are only up the road from me, are they H&R springs? Also wheres the best place to get spacers?

Sorry new to the forum and new to Audi's :D
Try Virdee, sponsor on here for spacers.

Good results from the mapping, etc Noyjatat :thumbs:

Noyjatat
Top Gear

Post by Noyjatat » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:35 am

Cheers buddy

Noyjatat
Top Gear

Post by Noyjatat » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:50 pm

A couple of updated pics. All the black plastics on the outside have now been painted, the car has been debadged except for the rings and the wheels, centre caps and rings sprayed too.

April, new tyres, upper adjustable arms and tracking.
Attachments
2015-03-31 14.28.27.jpg
2015-03-31 14.28.58.jpg

Noyjatat
Top Gear

Post by Noyjatat » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:31 pm

Okay so some updates. Recently had a couple of problems with the car so will document them here for future reference for others. Got three amber captions, park brake, sports differential and TPMS which led to some loom checks and eventually narrowed it down but the new looms had to be ordered from Germany. Suspension light came on but after fitting adjustable front arms it ended up just being a sensor reset and zero. Finally I have white smoke and a grey powder residue around my left hand exhaust which is being investigated as I write this. This has all happened over a period of a month. In addition its been to a couple of charity events and had 4 new tyres put on it and had a service. Keeping my fingers crossed but with my luck recently not hopeful.

Took off the multi stage launch control as it was a little difficult to get the right revs based on pedal position and reset it to 4000. Much easier on the car than the Audi set up and had no scrabble on launch on the old tyres. It's drops about 400 rpm on launch so the next time I am near MRC I will be heading in to have it adjusted to 4400 and see how that goes.

Noyjatat
Top Gear

Post by Noyjatat » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:08 pm

Okay so looks like it spat out some of the cat. Audi had a good look over it and everything seems fine. Picked it up today and it definitely sounds different on one side hehe Before it was basey all the time no rasp, pop or crackle. Now it sounds like an American muscle car. Not my cup of tea so popped in to see the guy I use for exhausts and he's looking at putting together a set up for me. Then will head back to MRC for a map check and a launch control tweak.

RIV
Cruising

Post by RIV » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:45 pm

Hi Gaz good news it's nothing to worry about
I'm thinking of dropping mine to MRC for the stage 2 like you have had done, would you say it's money well spent?

Noyjatat
Top Gear

Post by Noyjatat » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:01 pm

Mine went up just over 10 bhp. I got 25 bhp out of a carbon clean buddy.

Return to “RS5 (8T) 2010–2015”