DRC Knocking

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 444 bhp
mark758
4th Gear

Re: DRC Knocking

Post by mark758 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:16 pm

"They got a customer's car in to M'cr Audi but told me that it made noise and drove terribly but the owner hadn't complained yet so they haven't carried out any work on it..."

Manchester Audi are happy for someone to drive round in a car they know doesn't drive as designed and makes noises it shouldn't.....450bhp...no safety issues there then.......
2013 Ibis White RS7¬
¦ParkingPackPlus¦Sunroof¦HUD¦AudiConnect¦HeatedRearSeats¦RearSideAirbags¦RedBrakeCalipers¦QuattroPuddelights¦SoftCloseDoors¦NightVision¦Dynamic Package¦CarbonPackage¦CarbonMirrors¦21" GlossBlack¦ACC¦Stop&Go¦PreSensePlus¦SideAssist¦LaneAssist¦B&O¦BlackOptics¦OEMBlackBadging¦Gyeon Q2 Duraflex¦

jpcartel
1st Gear

Post by jpcartel » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:47 am

HYFR wrote:Did u buy this car brand new from Manchester Audi?

If not, then cut them some slack...
I didn't buy it new from Manchester Audi, no. But what I did do was buy a car that was under warranty that they supplied new and have carried out servicing work on until I bought it.

I'm not really sure why I should be cutting them any slack?
-------------
2011 RS5 - Daytona Grey
Sports Pack, Sports Exhaust, B+O, Nappa, Black Optics, Tech Hi, Home jobby (garage door thingy) and whatever else its got..

JamesRS5
Neutral

Post by JamesRS5 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:33 pm

I don't quite understand the "cut them some slack" comment? Regardless if the OP was the first or second owner, Audi should in theory be able to rectify problems with their own cars. Not having the equipment to correctly service a vehicle which is still being manufactured is not an excuse.
Im an engineer for a major aircraft manufacturer, we have a world wide network of Engineers available at the type of one email. Within 24 hours of asking for assistance you have an inbox full of responses from guys that have experienced the issue in the past, surely Audi has a similar network?

DRC knocking isn't exactly a new issue, from reading other posts and forums, it's been around for quite a while so there must be some service bulletins available for the technicians?

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:47 pm

Because the dealer is not 'Audi'.

Yes if you drove the car to Neckarsulm and chucked the keys at them then yes, they should be able to fix it.

But a dealer is not Audi, and they can only do their best for you as a customer, but sometimes they rely on the manufacturer.

eightfoot
3rd Gear

Post by eightfoot » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:31 pm

HYFR wrote:Because the dealer is not 'Audi'.

Yes if you drove the car to Neckarsulm and chucked the keys at them then yes, they should be able to fix it.

But a dealer is not Audi, and they can only do their best for you as a customer, but sometimes they rely on the manufacturer.
not a very good reason really is it,if a dealer supplied a car then (in my opinion) they should have the expertise to fix it or at least pass it to someone who can instead of giving poor excuses :audibash:

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:34 pm

But a used car is a used car.

I used to be like you guys, damning Audi dealers for the tiniest thing...then I grew up and realised used cars go wrong, and the dealer is there doing you a service, warranty or not.

A brand new car is different.

jpcartel
1st Gear

Post by jpcartel » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:57 am

hey-ho - rather than squabbling about new vs second hand, dealer vs manufacturer I'm just hoping they can sort it out.

M'cr Audi have asked for the car to come back in and if they can't sort it out it will be trailered to Milton Keynes - Audi UK HQ for them to work on it.

Bit irrelevant this week anyhow as a lunatic in a White Transit REG M2 OVO side swiped me on purpose on the M1 on Tuesday and did a runner from the scene - now just found out he's not insured. Brilliant... Anyhow - just a bit of cosmetic damage to front wing & front bumper - could have been a lot worse off... If anyone does see the offending van in the Nottingham area please let me know or inform Nottinghamshire Police..
-------------
2011 RS5 - Daytona Grey
Sports Pack, Sports Exhaust, B+O, Nappa, Black Optics, Tech Hi, Home jobby (garage door thingy) and whatever else its got..

JamesRS5
Neutral

Post by JamesRS5 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:15 am

Oh sh*t, sorry to here that, you're not having much luck with that one. Maybe take it to a priest and get the demon exercised out of it before handing it to Audi.

Great news on Audi taking it back in again tough, a light at the end of the tunnel.

marrog08
1st Gear

Post by marrog08 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:00 pm

My 2011 RS5 spent 36 days in the dealers in 6 months ownership with the same knocking, DRC re pressurised numerous times, new shocks and new DRC valves. Ok at first then started knocking again.
Complained to Audi UK and got a £750.00 credit note. I was so fed up with the car that I traded it in against a brand new RS4 and lost a s**t load of money.

mark758
4th Gear

Post by mark758 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:47 am

Assume it was an RS4 without DRC?
Audi UK know it's a problem and their (not dealerships) policy is too deny and fob off and hope you go way to save them money - which is I am sure is no surprise to anyone here :) The policy is 'misting is not a leak' :roll:
The key thing is to ask you dealership to do a static ride height check on all 4 corners - they should do this on discovering there is any sort of 'mist' - but they don't - the training has not been communicated out ....surprisingly :)
Take the focus off whether its a 'mist' or a 'leak' and gently remind people that your 450hp car is not actually sitting straight on the road :?

There was a continuation part number last year for the shocks which I have now had fitted and seems from what I understand to have done the trick.
The shocks themselves are under 400 each.
The best approach to getting your car fixed is to be persistent and polite.
Offering to part fund will help early doors fix and to remember its an Audi issue and that the dealer has to fight Audi as much as you do as the customer to get a warranty resolution.
2013 Ibis White RS7¬
¦ParkingPackPlus¦Sunroof¦HUD¦AudiConnect¦HeatedRearSeats¦RearSideAirbags¦RedBrakeCalipers¦QuattroPuddelights¦SoftCloseDoors¦NightVision¦Dynamic Package¦CarbonPackage¦CarbonMirrors¦21" GlossBlack¦ACC¦Stop&Go¦PreSensePlus¦SideAssist¦LaneAssist¦B&O¦BlackOptics¦OEMBlackBadging¦Gyeon Q2 Duraflex¦

Hally76
Neutral

Post by Hally76 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:37 pm

Hi Gents,

I recently purchased an RS5 new from the dealers and came across this forum when searching for RS5 DRC knocking noises. It seems Audi are still fitting this faulty system to brand new vehicles. I have already been without my car for several days while the dealers re-gas the suspension system, within 5 mins of picking the car up it was apparent that it was exactly the same. I know that they will not sort this problem from what i've read on here. Which is very disturbing for a car of this calibre! I spoke to the after sales manager today and told him that i don't want the car in and out of the dealers for the next six months with an issue that won't be resolved. He is going to see what Audi UK have to say!

Am i right when i think that nobody has had this repaired successfully?

Snotsicle
2nd Gear

Post by Snotsicle » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:42 am

Hally76 wrote:Hi Gents,

I recently purchased an RS5 new from the dealers and came across this forum when searching for RS5 DRC knocking noises. It seems Audi are still fitting this faulty system to brand new vehicles. I have already been without my car for several days while the dealers re-gas the suspension system, within 5 mins of picking the car up it was apparent that it was exactly the same. I know that they will not sort this problem from what i've read on here. Which is very disturbing for a car of this calibre! I spoke to the after sales manager today and told him that i don't want the car in and out of the dealers for the next six months with an issue that won't be resolved. He is going to see what Audi UK have to say!

Am i right when i think that nobody has had this repaired successfully?
There's a thread and survey over on the RS4 forum:
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=114593
Akoya Silver '03 B6 A4 Avant 3.0 Quattro Tip
Ming Blue '99 B5 A4 Avant 2.8 Quattro Tip
Laser Red '97 8L A3 3dr 1.8T
Assorted junk too embarrassing to list

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:14 pm

Knock knock!
Who's there?
DRC, I'm fucked!
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

Return to “RS5 (8T) 2010–2015”