supersi
3rd Gear

LO380 Sports turbocharger TTS 2.0 tsfi

Post by supersi » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:48 pm

LO380

technical specifications
LOBA "Extended Tip“ compressor wheel
State-of-the-art compressor wheel geometry
5-axis CNC modified compressor housing and inner surface for optimum flow in intake and exhaust
areas
5-axis CNC modified turbine housing to reduce exhaust gas backpressure before the
turbine.
XX° grinded runner (wheel) to help increase the flow capacity and reduce exhaust
backpressure
Optimized clearances
Modified actuator
Reinforced axial bearing
Balancing of single parts and the basic unit
This turbocharger is capable of producing 380+ hp (depending on engine condition)
Parts included
1x LO380-S38P/TT S 8J sports-turbocharger - ready to install

all parts are made and designed in Germany.

Last edited by supersi on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Email : simon@turboengineering.de Phone : +44 (0)7825 884236 FaceBook : https://www.facebook.com/TheTurboEngineers

bye bye
3rd Gear

Re: LO380 Sports turbocharger TTS 2.0 tsfi

Post by bye bye » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:33 pm

wow

supersi
3rd Gear

Post by supersi » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:25 pm

results of over 390ps and 580Nm have been made on this unit

Price reduced

Email : simon@turboengineering.de Phone : +44 (0)7825 884236 FaceBook : https://www.facebook.com/TheTurboEngineers

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:11 pm

It looks like an alien's food processor!!! How many horsepower is that extended tip worth?
No matter where you go, there you are.

supersi
3rd Gear

Post by supersi » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:44 pm

Hard to say Luke and we cant share data or much info as many competitors are watching and copying all the time

The LOBA Billet compressor has evolved in LO380 3 times now constantly improving, last update (week ago) was a improvement in less mass of over 6%, is bigger lighter and has extended tip over the stock, so does make more airmass and spool faster @ same RPM

one advantage of extended tip is reducing surge

MaXius
Neutral

Post by MaXius » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:33 pm

Not saying figures because someone might copy? Bit silly.
Not saying figures = people won't buy it. You don't buy something if you don't know what you're getting...

supersi
3rd Gear

Post by supersi » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:38 am

MaXius wrote:Not saying figures because someone might copy? Bit silly.
Not saying figures = people won't buy it. You don't buy something if you don't know what you're getting...
Welcome to the forum as see is your first post

Unfortunatly it's a sad part of the bussneiss we see where others do and are copying us all the time, we see it in Uk, Germany, USA.

It wasnt figures I can't disclose it's information on the Loba billet compressor
Do You want us to disclose technical info on our compressor? What benefit would this info give to you really.

I can show you dynos figures, pbox figures and in car videos if wanted? And have shown close up product pictures and brief info this is surely more important and to be honest we share more then most !, we have also sold hundreds of this unit as LOBA and more as we do sell to other tuning houses rebranded as there own.

MaXius
Neutral

Post by MaXius » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:22 am

Well I was more meaning the rather sparse information on your site;

For example

http://www.loba-motorsport.com/en/produ ... rbocharger

Doesn't encourage me to even research any deeper, into 'why would this be good to get for my car' because it doesn't state any figures, or percentage improvements, over the stock K04.
For a 2000 Euro part, i'd expect a heap more information than what you display, to even consider parting with my money.

Maybe your product is better than the competition, but if you can't convey the reasons why, people won't know, or care.

chunky79
Cruising

Post by chunky79 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:47 am

Why not pick up the bloody phone and give them a call?
Surely next you will complain about place that say you have to phone for the price? Just cause something isn't under your nose doesn't mean you can't get it!
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

supersi
3rd Gear

Post by supersi » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:14 am

I do take on board comments regarding our website... and i will improve a little as are working now on a new Shop, just a thin line of too much or maybe not enough, i find this more so with forums i want to share our products and give members info but not look pushy and piss them off as sometimes we or i may i feel, i constantly ask myself this on near every post as is so easy to take words this or that way, i prefer a quick chat on a phone myself to forums.

Well a average power to be made on our LO380 is 380ps-390ps and 500-540nm from what ive seen that's safely with out w/m or race fuel. Max hp I've been told by partners is 407ps and 584nm, but this unit is not really all about high numbers or we would use a big laggy Garrett, this unit is really do focused on OEM plug and play and reliability with better response and spool, we are also constantly looking and trying to improve as and when we can and have.

We could as some of the big names give optimistic sales dyno graphs showing the best gain that's ever been seen and promise the world to you and have really thought about it to try and increase sales.....but as chunky says contact myself s.sharp@loba-Motorsport.com and ill share a broad range of dynos from many tuners of many different engine specs and values and also links to videos so you truly get a idea of how it could really perform. Please do remember in Germany there's no speed limits so cars can be and are held at full throttle in top gear at high load for very long periods of time, ie there not tuned for a 55mph speed limt with short bursts hear and there, But must be noted all potential figures i say are all very dependant on actual tuner and engine conditions and add ons or tuner decide upon.

MaXius
Neutral

Post by MaXius » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:23 am

chunky79 wrote:Why not pick up the bloody phone and give them a call?
Surely next you will complain about place that say you have to phone for the price? Just cause something isn't under your nose doesn't mean you can't get it!
I think you missed the point. Seller is trying to sell their wares, no? I was offering my opinion on what a buyer would look for when browsing their site. I'm sure you'd be the first to complain if Tesco sent you a sale catalogue with no prices on anything, hmm?

And for the record, I don't make international phone calls at 3 in the morning unless I have already done prior research, and am already VERY interested in something.

chunky79
Cruising

Post by chunky79 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:38 am

MaXius wrote:
chunky79 wrote:Why not pick up the bloody phone and give them a call?
I think you missed the point. Seller is trying to sell their wares, no? I was offering my opinion on what a buyer would look for when browsing their site. I'm sure you'd be the first to complain if Tesco sent you a sale catalogue with no prices on anything, hmm?

And for the record, I don't make international phone calls at 3 in the morning unless I have already done prior research, and am already VERY interested in something.
How dare you, i shop at Sainsburys i have you know.
If you have been looking at the web site why haven't you sent them an email?
Ref to the phone calls at 3am, the opening times in the uk are normally 8 hours so you don't have to ring then do you?!?

Do you own an audi?
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

supersi
3rd Gear

Post by supersi » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:57 am

On our website there is a Request field/box bellow the product if you would like additional info, happy to help.

http://www.loba-motorsport.com/en/produ ... rbocharger

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:08 am

Is this discussion argument really happening?! So, you're pissed enough to register and post comments but you can't organise a phonecall or PM the seller? It seems a weird way to go about your 'research'.

For the record, when I asked how much horsepower that extended tip generated, it was a joke. It's a couple of mil extended, it's not going to be a billion percent increase, is it? Other than that, it was a throwaway comment on how angry the thing looks and a bump for props. Loba make some intriguing products and their marketing and communication is exceptional, I'd go as far as to say, they often make these unseen items appear sexy and desirable.
If they want to protect their IP, then "let it be so", I don't think they have a lot to worry about but I kind of understand. It's not easy to copy their engineering, so it seems it's probably easier to make something approaching their tech but then copy their marketing. Which is more than likely happening now they've established themselves, which I assume is why they're so cagey about going overboard on details. But know this, try to find some feedback of bad service or products not meeting Loba's support. Maybe that's a better way for you to make a decision... or, just pick up the phone. I've spoken to Si without purchasing anything and he was very helpful, in fact, I'd imagine if you requested a time for him to call you, he might get up at 03h00GMT to contact you at your convenience. Stranger things have happened.
No matter where you go, there you are.

MaXius
Neutral

Post by MaXius » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:39 am

bam_bam wrote:Is this discussion argument really happening?! So, you're pissed enough to register and post comments but you can't organise a phonecall or PM the seller? It seems a weird way to go about your 'research'.
Haha, firstly, not pissed; just a passing comment about (lack of) info in general, leading on from your joke about the tip specs.

Only saw this thing after I joined, and was browsing the posts.. so didn't know anything about it... looked at the website and still didn't know anything about it..

If my K04 had just died and I was seriously looking for a replacement, I might look with more urgency, but i'll get around to it.
chunky79 wrote: How dare you, i shop at Sainsburys i have you know.
If you have been looking at the web site why haven't you sent them an email?
Ref to the phone calls at 3am, the opening times in the uk are normally 8 hours so you don't have to ring then do you?!?
Do you own an audi?
Heh, hope you park in the 'parents with prams' parks for a bit extra room, Sainsburys shoppers can be ruthless in the carpark.

Shift work is a PITA.

And I own a TTS, which would have been a TTRS if our luxury car taxes weren't so ludicrous.

Chill guys, have a beer. Exactly what i'm doing now it's leading upto the weekend. :beerchug:

Return to “TTS (Typ 8J) 2008-2014”