New owner

4.2 V8 40v Naturally Aspirated - 335bhp
richyb66
Neutral

New owner

Post by richyb66 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:47 am

Time for an update, my intro post ( http://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 12#p411512 ) laid out my requirements and the search was on.

Well, long story short and all that, I eventually went for the S6 and got one with lpg already on it so I would be up and running as soon as possible. The VW T4 has now gone to a new caring owner and I'm now racking up 600 miles a week so the reciepts are mounting up fast (mostly fuel I might say).

So far I've probably done over 1500 mile and so far I've not put any petrol in it - that's right no petrol, just rather a lot of lpg. The stations can take a bit of finding and I do have to plan when I fill up, as a tank of LPG give me about 200 miles range so I tend to think of the petrol tank as an 18 gallon spare can and go from there. MPG is around 23 on gas which work high 30's petrol equivalent so not far off what I was getting in the T4.

I plan on doing a service soon just so I know where things stand on the maintenance front and I got a Phatbox off Ebay last week that I want to stick in it but other than that I'm not planning any other stuff at the moment.

Well please with it so far - OK it's not the RS6 and can't (and probably shouldn't) be compared but as a daily driver it seems to be ticking all the boxes. The old downside is that the missus has turned into a bit of a hooligan when she's driving - maybe something to do with not having to worry about being in the right gear at the right time.

This was taken yesterday

leet
2nd Gear

Re: New owner

Post by leet » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:18 pm

lovely cars mate aren't they? It does indeed make a very good daily driver. How much does an LPG fill up cost you?

richyb66
Neutral

Re: New owner

Post by richyb66 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:38 pm

Filled up last night after I'd run it very low (the audible alarm came on) and it cost £43 for 55 litres (£0.779 / l). The tank is nominally 70 litres but it only fills to about 80% of its capacity to allow for gas expansion. As I'm doing between 600 and 700 miles a week I'm going to be spending a bit of time filling it but it's worth the effort and I have a new found smugness as I look at other drivers filling up and paying £1.36 a litre.

Got the Phatbox installed last night - nice bit of kit and the voice that introduces the albums is surreal - a bit like Prof. Stephen Hawkin doing Pick of the Pops. Seems well worth the £100 I paid for it.

Return to “S6 (C5 Typ 4B) 1999-2003”