LED SIDELIGHTS

4.2 V8 40v Naturally Aspirated - 335bhp
tonyS6
Neutral

LED SIDELIGHTS

Post by tonyS6 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:45 am

I was looking for info about LEDs on this forum but had to nose into the RS6 forum instead as it's pretty quiet here on ours - not so many of us of course. Anyway, here is a copy of my posting since the same info applies to our beloved S6's:-
tonyS6 wrote:
tonyS6 wrote:I only have a mere S6 but pretty sure it's the same regarding bulbs at least, so I thought that you might also like to know about these LEDs too:-
http://www.hids4u.co.uk/led-sidelight-bulbs/

I've used this company before for other stuff/ cars, and found their products excellent - also their customer service which is always a good sign. :) I will definitley be ordering sidelights/foglights and main beam upgrade from them for my recently purchased S6 but will have to speak to the company first after reading about the sidelight issues experienced on this thread. By the way, the link also shows an LED Resister kit too which may sort out the problem that some have experienced. Will come back on this as soon as I have an answer - hopefully over this weekend.
UPDATE:
Finally got round to making the enquiry, ordering and fitting the 501 LED's from HIDS4U - http://www.hids4u.co.uk/can-bus-sidelig ... w-led.html - these sidelights are specifically designed for cars with bulb warning and Canbus systems - whatever they are :oops: - so not expecting the failures which have been reported here previously - will report back if they do of course :twisted:

Pics below show firstly with just the LED and then also with the dipped beam on - extremely pleased with the result complements the xenons beautifully.

Just to advise that when I first fitted them, one didn't seem to work so phoned their Customer Service Dept (who as previously experienced were very helpful) and they asked whether I had tried rotating the bulb 180 degrees. I did this and surprise surprise it worked! Don't know why this makes a diffiernce but worth bearing in mind when fitting these before complaining about faulty goods.

Fitting was slightly awkward even though I have very large hands, but notwhere near the knuckle scraping described on earlier posts - so no excuses not to fit these! :D
Attachments
LED + Xenon.jpg
LED + XENON
LED only.jpg
LED only

Return to “S6 (C5 Typ 4B) 1999-2003”