C5 S6 - Auto Leveling sensor problem - advice?

4.2 V8 40v Naturally Aspirated - 335bhp
c5jafa
Neutral

C5 S6 - Auto Leveling sensor problem - advice?

Post by c5jafa » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:10 pm

Hi all,

My 2000 C5 S6 is having issues with the auto-levelling xenons after a suspension change (slight lowering). The light is on the dash and despite my best efforts I haven't been able to resolve the issue.

I’ve hooked up VAGCOM lite and tried to clear the error code - this causes the lights to adjust, but then the error code comes straight back. Therefore motors/lights ok.
I’ve checked both wheel arches for sensor arm alignment and they both look ok (see photos) - but maybe I’ve missed something
I’ve reviewed the voltage readings from both sensors (both working) via VAGCOM while shifting the car up and down to see how the sensors are behaving. This is where I’m not sure if this is correct - as the car is raised, the front voltage increases while the rear sensor decreases. Before running the test, I assumed they’d both go up, or both go down as the car was raised/lowered.
Car-sensor_voltage_graph.png
Lastly, while raised (and within what others have said are the ‘ok’ voltages) I tried to clear the error code again, but once again, it flicked the lights, but error code instantly re-occurs - argh!

Has anyone else had similar issues, or knows whether or not my voltage reports are iffy please get in touch.

Cheers!
Attachments
IMG_4095.jpg
Front sensor
IMG_4094.jpg
Rear sensor

Human Joist
3rd Gear

Re: C5 S6 - Auto Leveling sensor problem - advice?

Post by Human Joist » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:33 am

Have you tried the basics mate. ie. Clean the electrical contact and ensure the arms move freely and have greased joints.

richtomlin
Neutral

Re: C5 S6 - Auto Leveling sensor problem - advice?

Post by richtomlin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:37 pm

I get the warning light come on now and again and I believe it is an intermittent issue with the sender and probably wants a clean. I did a repair on my front sender which has broken at the clip on the suspension arm so I think it hadn't moved for a long time. So far it only comes on occasionally and resets after ignition off so I've left it, but next step is try some contact cleaner in the sender.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Return to “S6 (C5 Typ 4B) 1999-2003”