B8 S4 Light front damage does not start?

3.0 V6 24v TFSI - 329 bhp
jsingh
Neutral

B8 S4 Light front damage does not start?

Post by jsingh » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:24 pm

Hi all

Ive recently purchased a front end damaged 2011 S4 3.0 Auto. Very light front damage NO AIRBAGS deployed- the problem im having is the car does not start.
Ive read online people having similar problems if the airbags have deployed then the ignitor on the postive terminal needs to be changed. Even though the airbags havent deployed ive changed this but still the car wont fire up?!

When i place the key fob in the slot it just clicks once (click from the starter by the sounds of it?)

Ive also changed the battery .

The only thing i can think it could possibly be is the starter motor - which is going to be a bitch to get to :|

Can anyone shed any light onto this please?

Any help will be appreciated.

TomRS
4th Gear

Re: B8 S4 Light front damage does not start?

Post by TomRS » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:01 pm

Shot in the dark but they dont have some form of safety cut off when they are involved in a "bump"

for example Hondas have a fuel cut off switch under the dashboard so when involved in a bump the switch cuts the fuel pump, it works on G force so wouldn't necessarily set the air bags off, easily reset by pressing it back down..
Have you scanned it with VCDS to see if there are any fault codes?
2014 Mercedes E63 AMG S
Wrapped in OceanShimmerBlue | MSL Stage 2 – 736Bhp/876ibft | Weistec Downpipes | K&N Large Filters | 400mm AP Racing Fronts/DS2500 Pads | Centre delete | H&R Springs/Link bars 30mm |

Gone but not forgotten :smile_smoking:
2010 Nissan GT-R SVM 680R
2010 RS6 C6 Avant Stage 2 730/1088nm

jsingh
Neutral

Post by jsingh » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:05 pm

Thanks for the reply Tom. There is a "cutoff" in form of a fuse breaker situated on the positive battery terminal that i am aware off- this usual triggers when the airbags deploy. I have changed this to be on the safe side.

Did do a scan on Vagcom and nothing actually related to anything that could stop it from starting- will get the log up next time i with the car

TomRS
4th Gear

Post by TomRS » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:21 pm

jsingh wrote:Thanks for the reply Tom. There is a "cutoff" in form of a fuse breaker situated on the positive battery terminal that i am aware off- this usual triggers when the airbags deploy. I have changed this to be on the safe side.

Did do a scan on VAGCOM and nothing actually related to anything that could stop it from starting- will get the log up next time i with the car
interesting, not really sure like i said haven't got much experience in that area, if you've replaced the battery/breaker only thing i can think of stopping it starting would be maybe as you say the starter motor but that seems a little bit strange not really a common fault but could be a good one to try, the motor it self isn't seized or anything like that is it? as that would also stop any turning over motion, not like they are easily accessible to turn over by hand either.
2014 Mercedes E63 AMG S
Wrapped in OceanShimmerBlue | MSL Stage 2 – 736Bhp/876ibft | Weistec Downpipes | K&N Large Filters | 400mm AP Racing Fronts/DS2500 Pads | Centre delete | H&R Springs/Link bars 30mm |

Gone but not forgotten :smile_smoking:
2010 Nissan GT-R SVM 680R
2010 RS6 C6 Avant Stage 2 730/1088nm

jsingh
Neutral

Post by jsingh » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:34 pm

TomRS wrote:
jsingh wrote:Thanks for the reply Tom. There is a "cutoff" in form of a fuse breaker situated on the positive battery terminal that i am aware off- this usual triggers when the airbags deploy. I have changed this to be on the safe side.

Did do a scan on VAGCOM and nothing actually related to anything that could stop it from starting- will get the log up next time i with the car
interesting, not really sure like i said haven't got much experience in that area, if you've replaced the battery/breaker only thing i can think of stopping it starting would be maybe as you say the starter motor but that seems a little bit strange not really a common fault but could be a good one to try, the motor it self isn't seized or anything like that is it? as that would also stop any turning over motion, not like they are easily accessible to turn over by hand either.
Defiantly a strange one! Will have another crack at it this weekend and see how i get on

Return to “S4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2009-2016”