RS6 C6 No heat

5.0 V10 50v biturbo - 571 bhp
Sypath
Neutral

RS6 C6 No heat

Post by Sypath » Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:23 am

Hello!

recently changed oil pump seals and had whole front end removed, kinda slow process since its winter here where i live. However after installing everything back i realized that there is no heat blowing in the car only cold, does anyone had the same problem? the hoses that goes to the small radiator under the car feels limp and there are no flow in those hoses :/
Coolant tank says its full but havent added near to what ive taken out from the car

Jim Haseltine
4th Gear

Re: RS6 C6 No heat

Post by Jim Haseltine » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:09 am

Air locks. Filling the coolant is a long and very involved job if you haven't used the correct equipment.
Try removing the vent plug from the hose beside the blower unit while you add more coolant. You may find that it'll help to run the engine for short periods occasionally while doing it.
First time I filled the coolant after a job where I'd had to drain some everything was ok (or so I thought) until a couple of miles into the first test drive - I took a tight turn at a roundabout and suddenly it was all low coolant warnings.

Sypath
Neutral

Re: RS6 C6 No heat

Post by Sypath » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:39 pm

Will definately try that out, ive just filed the reservior and let it get up to temp. Got confused thinking i might have mounted coolant lines wrong or that the electric pump stopped working
Jim Haseltine wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:09 am
Air locks. Filling the coolant is a long and very involved job if you haven't used the correct equipment.
Try removing the vent plug from the hose beside the blower unit while you add more coolant. You may find that it'll help to run the engine for short periods occasionally while doing it.
First time I filled the coolant after a job where I'd had to drain some everything was ok (or so I thought) until a couple of miles into the first test drive - I took a tight turn at a roundabout and suddenly it was all low coolant warnings.

Return to “RS6 / RS6 Plus (C6 Typ 4F) 2008-2010”